Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game starts like right when I'm getting out of class, so I'll have to hustle home. Usually I'm too cool to run when I'm on campus, even when I'm late for class. But, I'll probably make an exception here.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its my girlfriends 21st birthday today......:( lol
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
its my girlfriends 21st birthday today......:( lol
Sucks for you my friend. But maybe you can take her to a sports bar

Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook and Mouton are officially out for tonight's game. Washington will be active, though.

Slightly apprehensive about whoever the returner will be for tonight's game. Normally, it wouldn't bother me, but ST's play could be a deciding factor in a close game against the Steelers.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helluva game so far. 2 missed FG's sucks, but aside from that, I'm pleased cosidering the situation.

I'd like to see a few more blitzes with Tulloch/Bulluck. The way Big Ben holds the ball, a delayed blitz would be successful. Also want CJ to get more touches.

Polamalu out for the rest of the game. That's HUGE!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Also want CJ to get more touches.
X2 X3 X21309812039 :)
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Brutally obvious that this was Cecil's first game. *shakes head*

Bye bye Sophia... :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible. I hope Cecil can get this worked out before the next game

Quote:
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed letting rothburger have all day was total BS, as always for me too more touches for cj please i mean he does not touch the ball enough period
Old 09-11-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:( :( :( :( :(
Old 09-11-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible. I hope Cecil can get this worked out before the next game
Overall it was bad. In the grand scheme of things, Cecil and the DEF only help the Steelers to 13 points. Offense only scored 10 points, and that's not enough to win games.

This game was all about missed opportunities. 2 missed FG's (1 blocked), freak fumble by Scaife (Why are we haunted by random fumbles?!), special teams were outta whack... Just wasn't meant to be.

Lets look on the bright side. We just took the Super Bowl Champs to overtime on their homefield. Our 1st RD rookie WR looked awesome. The DL and Jason Jones looked great (until they got gassed from Pitt's no-huddle). The Titans proved that they're still a legit team to be reckoned with.

Home-opener against Houston is next. I'm looking forward to seein' 'em take out their frustration on them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a good game. CJ def should have been used more and the offense needs to stop with the stupid turnovers and mistakes when we are driving the ball. Cecil and Bironas lost this for us but we still looked good and we still are a playoff team. Jason Jones and William Hayes need more snaps IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

wtf is up with your steeler avatar things did i miss an interesting bet? haha
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible.
I was really surprised by that, as the Steeler's OL looked pretty shaky against the blitz. Big Ben's tendency to hold on to the ball means he'll find that guy who comes free when the coverage breaks down... or take the sack if you can get there. If I'm Fisher, I'm bringing the heat.

As a long time Broncos fan, I've suffered watching miserable special teams for quite a while now (though maybe things will be different this year?). It was unfortunate to see your boys struggling with that last night. Hopefully it was just an aberration and Bironas will get back to his usual form next game.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm not sure we can really lay all the blame on Bironas for the missed FGs. The first one was a horrible snap that Craig Hentrich had to do an excellent job just to catch and put on the ground. But, I think the bad snap didn't allow Hentrich to cleanly set the ball up in the proper position which probably caused the first miss. For the second one, it was a block and I haven't seen any good replays of it so I can't really tell if the block was because the kick was too low, or if it had something to do with the o-line's blocking or Pittsburgh just made a great play.
What was most concerning to me about last night was how little we ran the ball and how little our defense adjusted in the second half....
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
wtf is up with your steeler avatar things did i miss an interesting bet? haha
I lost one with HinesWardJr. DoughBoy lost one with himself. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Teehee...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans should be completely 100% healthy this Sunday against the Texans, aside from Bo Scaife who'd be held out as a precaution if his swelling hasn't diminished. Nate Washington, who played around 25 snaps against the Steelers (basically half of what a starting WR typically sees), will see much more action. Ryan Mouton will be back and will compete with Cortland Finnegan for the starting Punt Returner position. And possibly most exciting, this'll be the first game ATH Jared Cook will play in. Cook outproduced Kenny Britt in the preseason, and Britt saw a ton of action against Pittsburgh. With Bo Scaife's knee banged up, Cook may very well be our #1 receiving TE.

For Houston, they're hoping for CB Jacques Reeves and FS Eugene Wilson to be back for Sunday's game. Reeves broke his leg in training camp, but participated in practice Wednesday. Wilson, as you all know, was the receiver of Brett Favre's illegal crack-back block during the preseason. Wilson hasn't played since, but he also practiced Wednesday.

So it looks like both teams will be at full strength. Should be a good game. I hope the DT's come through big this game. Haynesworth always ate the Texans OL up, and would even tease about injuring Matt Schaub since Fat Al has sent him to the sidelines multiple times. Now, I'm not looking for JJ to break Schaub in half, but him, Tony Brown, Jovan Haye, and Kevin Vickerson against the Texans' inside OL is something the Titans need to win in order to win the game. If they don't, winning becomes a more difficult task.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Jason Jones is going to break Schaub in half. Mark it down.

And what is Cook going to be, 2nd TE, or 3rd string behind both Crumpler and Stevens?

Quote:
Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And what is Cook going to be, 2nd TE, or 3rd string behind both Crumpler and Stevens?
I label Cook as more of an ATH, than anything. That means that he doesn't have a set depth chart. He goes in when they need him to create mismatches, and comes out when they don't. So he'll even be on the field while the other TE's are, and I bet Crumpler and Cook see the most time out of the 4 TE's this Sunday.

We'll see how he does though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

i wouldnt be shocked at all to see cook in the slot or maybe even split out some, i mean he is one of the most if not the most athletic pass catcher(s) on the team i loved what i saw from this guy in preseason(besides blocking but he can work on that) cook reminds me more of errr like a vincent jackson(i know cook doesnt quite have the wheels jackson does) than your standard tight end
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i wouldnt be shocked at all to see cook in the slot or maybe even split out some, i mean he is one of the most if not the most athletic pass catcher(s) on the team i loved what i saw from this guy in preseason(besides blocking but he can work on that) cook reminds me more of errr like a vincent jackson(i know cook doesnt quite have the wheels jackson does) than your standard tight end
Definitely. He kinda reminds me of Ben Troupe. He doesn't have the overall athleticism of Troupe, but Cook seems to be more polished receiving and possesses an IQ over 70.

I don't really consider Cook as a TE either, and I like your example of Vincent Jackson. Cook really is more like a big WR than he is a TE, so I expect him to be used that way.

Thornton has missed practice this week, so there's a chance he may miss Sunday's game. That'd mean either Gerald McRath, Stanford Keglar, or Colin Allred would get the start.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
and possesses an IQ over 70.
i was following and agreeing with you all the way but i didnt get or maybe understand the iq thing? btw i dont know much about troupe if it had something to do with him
Old 09-19-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
i was following and agreeing with you all the way but i didnt get or maybe understand the iq thing? btw i dont know much about troupe if it had something to do with him
He's just referring to how Ben Troupe was a bust because of the mental side of the game and not the physical side. Ben Troupe just could not grasp a playbook and had to be brought in on certain packages because he couldn't handle learning all of the plays.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

ah i see thanks for clarifying