Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment
Bears 21
Colts 13

Devin Hester on a k.o. return to start the 2nd half.
Danny Manning picks up a fumble (Addai) and runs it in from 42 yards out. and Rex Grossman tosses a score and gets the media off his ass.

Peyton and his happy feet will be terrorized all day long.
As bad as I want the Bears to lose (being a Viking fan) it just won't happen.
(referencing the draft you have in your sig)... you do realize that your top three guys are all considered potential first rounders right?

Well hey if he can do it....

1st Round: Levi Brown
2nd Round: Michael Griffin
3rd Round: Sidney Rice...(or Rufus Alexander).

:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Bears 21
Colts 13

Danny Manning picks up a fumble (Addai) and runs it in from 42 yards out. and Rex Grossman tosses a score and gets the media off his ass.

(referencing the draft you have in your sig)... you do realize that your top three guys are all considered potential first rounders right?
Yes, I realize that. However anything can happen and I can dream until then....plus if you look over scotts overall 100 ...these 3 guys would fall right around where the Vikings would pick
Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Bears 21
Colts 13

Well hey if he can do it....

1st Round: Levi Brown
2nd Round: Michael Griffin
3rd Round: Sidney Rice...(or Rufus Alexander).

:D
You're thinking too small scale.

Round 1- AD
Round 2-Alan Branch
Round 3-Gaines Adams.

Now there's a draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bears 21
Colts 13

Yes, I realize that. However anything can happen and I can dream until then....plus if you look over scotts overall 100 ...these 3 guys would fall right around where the Vikings would pick
I'm just sayin... it's wishful thinking... to say the least.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
Bears.

MVP: Bernard Berrian
I like the way you think, but let's face facts... I can't imagine a WR getting MVP in the Superbowl, because it takes a QB to get the WR the ball. If Berrian has a lights-out game and the Bears win, that means Grossman would get the nod.

if the Bears play like they did* against the Saints, this is a pick'em.

if the Bears don't play up to that level, it's Colts by 5.

*meaning they run, run, run, Rex plays relatively mistake-free, and the defense contains Indy's offense.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Report that Bears wearing Blue Colts in white (jerseys)

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
Quote:
Bears.

I like the way you think, but let's face facts... I can't imagine a WR getting MVP in the Superbowl, because it takes a QB to get the WR the ball. If Berrian has a lights-out game and the Bears win, that means Grossman would get the nod.

*meaning they run, run, run, Rex plays relatively mistake-free, and the defense contains Indy's offense.
We need to realize that Indy has to play a good game to in order to beat us. Meaning they have to limit their TO's, they have to shore up their ST's, and they have to put some serious points up on the board.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts 23
Bears 16

MVP: Adam Vinatieri (3-3 FGs)

All about the Cover 2 and Play action. Peyton and Rex will have a couple of INTs trying to press, so field goals will ensue.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOLD PREDICTION

SEXY REXY OUT PLAYS THAT PEYTON GUY AND THE BEARS WIN 34-31, AND IT HIS HIM, NOT THAT PEYTON DUDE WHO LEADS HIS TEAM DOWN THE FIELD IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Bears win.Peyton cant win the big game.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Are you serious?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Are you serious?
Manning has never been to "The" big game before so we don't know about that. I'm thinking people are downplaying Grossman, who isn't the worst ever, and he has nothing to lose (well, minus the biggest game of his career) and everything to prove.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:
Quote:
Are you serious?
Manning has never been to "The" big game before so we don't know about that. I'm thinking people are downplaying Grossman, who isn't the worst ever, and he has nothing to lose (well, minus the biggest game of his career) and everything to prove.
I guess I just assume when people say he can't win the big game, they mean any game.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Bears.

I believe WR has won the last 2 S.B. MVP trophy's (Hines Ward / David Givens)

If I had to guess , I'd say that if the Colts do win...I don't see how they could give it to anyone but Manning.
If the Bears win, I would think the MVP would have to come from that defense.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bears.

I believe WR has won the last 2 S.B. MVP trophy's (Hines Ward / David Givens)

If I had to guess , I'd say that if the Colts do win...I don't see how they could give it to anyone but Manning.
If the Bears win, I would think the MVP would have to come from that defense.
Branch, not Givens, won MVP
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I haven't really decided my pick yet but I firmly believe that Colts by 7 is a poor line. People definitely underestimate the Bears O, which I think can definitely control the clock by platooning Jones and Benson. The Bears offensive game plan will be largely conservative with the occasional shot down field to either Berrian or Mush, so the Colts will not have a lot of great opportunities to create turnovers. Rex has done fine in both playoff games, certainly enough to win, and he shouldn't have an interception because Mush tipped the pass that was picked.

The Colts D has played well, but is definitely vulnerable. The Colts offense will obviously have a couple big plays, but I think the Bears D will force at least one turnover because they are so talented and the Colts are going to employ a riskier gameplan.

I still am leaning towards the Colts, but I think the game will be much closer than people think and the Bears may very well win.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bears win, the MVP will be Grossman, Jones, Ricky Manning, or Hester. Mark it down.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
If the Bears win, the MVP will be Grossman, Jones, Ricky Manning, or Hester. Mark it down.
Berrian?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddog
Quote:
Berrian?
If Berrian has a lot of yards, Grossman will win it.

And you won't find a bigger Bernard Berrian fan than me. He's probably my favorite Bear.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Berrian?

And you won't find a bigger Bernard Berrian fan than me. He's probably my favorite Bear.
I think Berrian has a shot be be 1100-1300 yd guy, 10+ td guy. He is pretty explosive
Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Berrian?

I think Berrian has a shot be be 1100-1300 yd guy, 10+ td guy. He is pretty explosive
He's a lot like Mario Manningham IMO

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Colts will win it, although I don't really care, since I'm a Bear fan and a Colts fan! :D
Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink

I think the MVP will be one of the two QB's.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It will be Jim Sorgi because he is a badass mutha fucka!!
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i definitely agree... it will be between Rex Grossman and Brian Griese... :P

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote