Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
First of all, you can only "choke" if there are expectations placed on you, which there are none for Grossman. The entire argument makes no sense. If the Steelers lost the Superbowl last year would Big Ben have been a "choker"?
Oh come on you know big ben didn't have games like grossman had during this regular season.
So what? If anything that reinforces my argument. A choker is somebody that plays below performance in big situations. Grossman, if anything, is worse in games where the pressure is off.
So the pressure's off in the SUPER BOWL???
If you think this is Grossman's worse game you're not paying attention. He's playing from behind in the rain and has had a few bad throws and a botched snap. He threw four picks in perfect conditions against the Cardinals.

You guys are just like ESPN, this game is about so many more things than just Grossman. He's one of the least important players on our team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG... What a hit!
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
A random bad performance does not make you a choker. Rex had the most games with a QB rating over 100...
This isn't a random bad performance...
You know what I mean. You cant take the games that are in Rex's minority and use those to define him.

You also can't say that he's a choker when he's player in 2 big games, and played well in one and not well in the other.
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
There sure are a lot of envious/jealous people in this thread.
Exactely. Not a single Colts fan talking smack, just a bunch of people whose teams didn't even make the playoffs.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:
A random bad performance does not make you a choker. Rex had the most games with a QB rating over 100...
This isn't a random bad performance...
You know what I mean. You cant take the games that are in Rex's minority and use those to define him.

You also can't say that he's a choker when he's player in 2 big games, and played well in one and not well in the other.
We don't count big games in regular season? :?
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman has played solid for a majority of the season, he had around 5 HORRID games but for the most part, was solid. If Manning made one of those throws (for example the one where he scrambled around), then he may have received praise for throwing it away instead of a sack.

Grossman won two playoff games as well and has played twice in four weeks.

Giordano is my favorite ST guy on the Colts. He hustles, is physical and played well when Bethea was hurt against Cincy.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Oh yeah the Bears shouldn't put in Bob. Just look at how good Grossman is playing right now. Face it, it's over. Have fun eating your crow Bears fans.
Wow we've got some geniuses on this board. Eat crow for what? We're playing like absolute poo hole right now.

We can't tackle, we can't hang on to the ball, bad playcalling (ie not running the ball enough), bad passes....I could go on and on and on.

I did not like our defensive scheme at all. When we blitzed we were effective, wehen we sagged off he killed us. We looked flat the entire game.

Offensively I wanted us to run the ball more. Indy has not been able to stop our run game in the 2nd Half.

Credit to Indy but this is not the Bear team I expected to show up. Our pass protection has been shotty all game long. Ugh. I'm just in shock at what I'm seeing right now because we can play a lot better than this.
I think he's talking about eating crow for all the crap that Bears fans have spewed all year. You have to admit, Bears fans have been extremely smug this year.
*********** we have, ***********. We have not been smug at all. That's friggin ridiculous.
Whatever. Does this ring a bell: "Finishing What Katrina Started"

You guys had a beating coming to ya.
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah the Bears shouldn't put in Bob. Just look at how good Grossman is playing right now. Face it, it's over. Have fun eating your crow Bears fans.
Eating crow for what? I picked the Colts. I didn't think we would come out this poorly, but the Colts have been better than us all year.
You're fine, I'm talking about all the idiots who were saying how great the Bears were. How Rex wasn't that bad and how he would outpreform Manning. I think it's downright hilarious how terrible the Bears are playing right now. Just shows how weak the NFC is.
Who said this, who. Name someone. Put up or shut up.

The Bears are a darn good football team. And this game is not indicitive of that. Indy has played well, but we have not. It's just that simple.
Not indictive of this? You guys were saying the Saints sucked after they lost to the Bears. Face it, Chicago, Grossman, and the NFC are all a joke.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow we've got some geniuses on this board. Eat crow for what? We're playing like absolute poo hole right now.

We can't tackle, we can't hang on to the ball, bad playcalling (ie not running the ball enough), bad passes....I could go on and on and on.

I did not like our defensive scheme at all. When we blitzed we were effective, wehen we sagged off he killed us. We looked flat the entire game.

Offensively I wanted us to run the ball more. Indy has not been able to stop our run game in the 2nd Half.

Credit to Indy but this is not the Bear team I expected to show up. Our pass protection has been shotty all game long. Ugh. I'm just in shock at what I'm seeing right now because we can play a lot better than this.
I think he's talking about eating crow for all the crap that Bears fans have spewed all year. You have to admit, Bears fans have been extremely smug this year.
*********** we have, ***********. We have not been smug at all. That's friggin ridiculous.

Who said that on here?

Old 02-04-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, that's what every Bears fan was thinking. This is all because of what one dumbass fan did.
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

:shock:

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But he's choked multiple times. Threw away the Patriots game, and the GB game with a 0.0 QB rating...

BTW, you're a pedophile until you can prove otherwise too

However, looking at all the facts wouldn't work for your argument, would it? So you can just choose to ignore 90% of the evidence, and simply believe in the 10% that supports your side.
And you fail to ignore he has the most games under a 50(?) QB rating. This isn't random. He even had a 0.0 performance...

I'd stick with the words you understand.

Anyways, look at how many games he played well in, and look at how many games he played poorly in. See which is in the minority.

Anyways, once again, play in the regular season does not make you a choker. Playing poorly when you're expected to play poorly doesn't make you a choker. Playing in 2 big games in your entire career, and having a bad game in one and a good game in the other doesn't make you a choker.
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who said that on here?
Hurricane Ditka

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah, that was sweetness himself who did that too... :roll:

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
There sure are a lot of envious/jealous people in this thread.
Exactely. Not a single Colts fan talking smack, just a bunch of people whose teams didn't even make the playoffs.
Yes, but my team beat the Colts.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

:shock:
who the hell said that?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Grossman has played solid for a majority of the season, he had around 5 HORRID games but for the most part, was solid. If Manning made one of those throws (for example the one where he scrambled around), then he may have received praise for throwing it away instead of a sack.

Grossman won two playoff games as well and has played twice in four weeks.

Giordano is my favorite ST guy on the Colts. He hustles, is physical and played well when Bethea was hurt against Cincy.
Come on. You can't be considered "solid" if you have five horrendous games. If Rex can develop consistency, which he should, he will be considered a "solid" QB.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Eating crow for what? I picked the Colts. I didn't think we would come out this poorly, but the Colts have been better than us all year.
You're fine, I'm talking about all the idiots who were saying how great the Bears were. How Rex wasn't that bad and how he would outpreform Manning. I think it's downright hilarious how terrible the Bears are playing right now. Just shows how weak the NFC is.
Who said this, who. Name someone. Put up or shut up.

The Bears are a darn good football team. And this game is not indicitive of that. Indy has played well, but we have not. It's just that simple.
Not indictive of this? You guys were saying the Saints sucked after they lost to the Bears. Face it, Chicago, Grossman, and the NFC are all a joke.
Right. And the Titans are the jugarnauts of the NFL. And please spare me the comments about how the Titans would make the Superbowl from the NFC. They wouldn't.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who said that on here?
Who said anything about this site? I said Bears fans not Bears fans on NFLDC.
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes for MVP, that's who I think will win it personally. He had two big runs in the 3rd quarter, has a TD and is icing the game right now.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But he's choked multiple times. Threw away the Patriots game, and the GB game with a 0.0 QB rating...

BTW, you're a pedophile until you can prove otherwise too

However, looking at all the facts wouldn't work for your argument, would it? So you can just choose to ignore 90% of the evidence, and simply believe in the 10% that supports your side.
And you fail to ignore he has the most games under a 50(?) QB rating. This isn't random. He even had a 0.0 performance...

I'd stick with the words you understand.

Anyways, look at how many games he played well in, and look at how many games he played poorly in. See which is in the minority.

Anyways, once again, play in the regular season does not make you a choker. Playing poorly when you're expected to play poorly doesn't make you a choker. Playing in 2 big games in your entire career, and having a bad game in one and a good game in the other doesn't make you a choker.
He was expected to play poorly in the super bowl?
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so when do those super bowl champion colts tees come out?

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
agreed.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote