Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand why so many people hate Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the game right now, and will likely go down as one of the top 5 greatest QBs ever. I have a ton of respect for Peyton for everything he's able to do...

with that being said... I hope he chokes.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
i don't understand why so many people hate Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the game right now, and will likely go down as one of the top 5 greatest QBs ever. I have a ton of respect for Peyton for everything he's able to do...

It depends on this game. It will be very hard to put any Quarterback ahead of him, with a Colts win.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

It depends on this game. It will be very hard to put any Quarterback ahead of him, with a Colts win.
great point. if Manning wins this, he is unquestionably one of the best ever. Wow, we are about to see someone play for not just a championship but where they will be placed in the history of the game.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is going to clobber Marino's stats, and has a shot at Favre's iron-man record, Favre's M.V.P record, and can attain his championship this year.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
He is going to clobber Marino's stats, and has a shot at Favre's iron-man record, Favre's M.V.P record, and can attain his championship this year.
he still doesn't have an MVP all to himself. he needs to get at least 2 before you could unquestionably call him the best ever.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
he still doesn't have an MVP all to himself. he needs to get at least 2 before you could unquestionably call him the best ever.
Uh, 2004?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:

First; 2004
Second; Steve McNair had no business in "sharing" the M.V.P award that year.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ya see...this is why i hate Peyton Manning.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First; 2004
No he definately did not. That was a media creation because McNair managed to play all 16 games with lingering injuries. McNair has always been slightly overated IMO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

though i dislike the colts franchise, i cant hate tony dungy and peyton manning

i say colts win

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Well you think Grossman is a better QB than Favre so what do you know?

Although Grossman did lead his team to the Superbowl this year, so you may have a point....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at my sig. That's what I think.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First; 2004
No he definately did not. That was a media creation because McNair managed to play all 16 games with lingering injuries. McNair has always been slightly overated IMO.
McNair is vastly overrated. His whopping 6 pts in the playoffs (mora voice) is proof. Ravens would be well off drafting a qb this year.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Well you think Grossman is a better QB than Favre so what do you know?

Although Grossman did lead his team to the Superbowl this year, so you may have a point....

ugh. 13 more days.

just remember...my idea for the bet was 'loser leaves town'.....so, next time i annoy the hell outa you (and rest assured, it will happen), i'll laugh knowing you're prolly thinking to yourself..."damn, i shoulda got rid of this ass clown when i had the chance....too bad i was too chickenshit."
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I haven't given the Bears credit all season because I thought they were overrated from the start But I'll give some credit to the Bears. The Saints handed that game to them on a silver platter and they stuck it to them, that's what good teams do.

With that said, i think the dream end in Miami. The Bears rely on getting pressure and the colts o-line protects Manning better then anyone in the NFL. We all know what happens when Manning has all day to throw. Urlacher will probably cover Dallas Clark and that leaves Briggs on Addai, I think the Colts 4th and 5th receiver are better then the Bears 4th and 5th DB.

As always, the game will come down to the Colts Defense.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

duuuuuuuuude. I just realized this.

A Tampa 2 team will win the Super Bowl.

BBD must be overjoyed.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
duuuuuuuuude. I just realized this.

A Tampa 2 team will win the Super Bowl.

BBD must be overjoyed.
Tampa Bay has won a Super Bowl, and gone to the NFCCG another time, holding the "Greatest Show on Turf" to eleven points at home. The most consistent defense this last decade.

Indianapolis has been the winning est team since '02, gone to two AFCCG, won one.

Chicago has had the best defense in the last two seasons, on average, and are in Super Bowl XLI.

Any more?

Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Bears.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://manningattacked.ytmnd.com/

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Having never been to the superbowl, and such a promising career, I really think Rex Grossman deserves this one. I'm really rooting for the Bears, after all Rex has done, I really hope the Bears win.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Having never been to the superbowl, and such a promising career, I really think Rex Grossman deserves this one. I'm really rooting for the Bears, after all Rex has done, I really hope the Bears win.
And Peyton doesn't? :?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
I haven't given the Bears credit all season because I thought they were overrated from the start But I'll give some credit to the Bears. The Saints handed that game to them on a silver platter and they stuck it to them, that's what good teams do.

With that said, i think the dream end in Miami. The Bears rely on getting pressure and the colts o-line protects Manning better then anyone in the NFL. We all know what happens when Manning has all day to throw. Urlacher will probably cover Dallas Clark and that leaves Briggs on Addai, I think the Colts 4th and 5th receiver are better then the Bears 4th and 5th DB.

As always, the game will come down to the Colts Defense.
SHUT THE **** UP! The Saints didn't hand us ****.

I don't mind you picking the Colts, but jesus christ, enough with that garbage.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How interesting that the percentages in this poll favor the Bears to win more than the Saints game. Do people think the Saints are that good, the Colts are that bad, or have people re-estimated the strength of the Bears?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
How interesting that the percentages in this poll favor the Bears to win more than the Saints game. Do people think the Saints are that good, the Colts are that bad, or have people re-estimated the strength of the Bears?
The doubting of these two teams early one was ridiculous.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

that's what i'm trying to say, but even without the win, he's still top 5 ever.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote