Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange

Can you, please, explain to me how the hell he did that. How high is that? World record? Was he being raised by his teammates? WTF!?

You actually think he can jump that high? Haha that gave me a good laugh buddy.

Desmond Clark threw him up in the air my friend, that's how he got that high.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's definitely a cool-looking picture to see that, but if he jumped that high, he would not be an NFL player.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bernards berrian got some hops

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard Berrian also weighs about 115 pounds soaking wet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're coming up on the days of ESPN2's Super Bowl Highlights marathon, where I just sit through four straight episodes and cry for two hours
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does the Colts have anyone else for kickoffs other than Adam Vinatieri? looks like nearly all his kicks only make it to 5-10yd line.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux tigers
does the Colts have anyone else for kickoffs other than Adam Vinatieri? looks like nearly all his kicks only make it to 5-10yd line.
Nope, they've tried quite a few kickers in the past few seasons at kickoffs, all who have failed:

Mike Vanderjagt
Hunter Smith
Martin Gramatica (filled in when Adam was out)
Jason Baker
Dave Rayner
Adam Vinateiri is the best that's been around these parts.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux tigers
Adam is known for his inability to hit the end zone on kickoffs. If there was someone on the team that could consistently put the ball into the end zone, they'd have him doing it from week 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That actually won't be such a detriment against the Bears. The longer the kick, the more time you're giving Hester to set up a long return.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
That actually won't be such a detriment against the Bears. The longer the kick, the more time you're giving Hester to set up a long return.
Good point. You saw what the Patriots did to the Colts kickoff coverage. Hester should have a field day if they don't fix that up before the big game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Just curious Bears fans (the ones on here anyway), do you still view the Colts' run defense as a sieve? I've talked to a small portion of your fanbase over the last few days, and they can't seem to see past the regular season rushing totals the Colts' defense allowed.
The Bears will stick to their guns, the run defense wasn't that good against the Patriots, but they didn't stick to the run.
That's what people expected the Chiefs and Ravens to do too.
Just to be clear on this, it was not that the Ravens run game wasn't working. Jamal was avging 5 yards per carry before halftime. He avgd over 4 ypc in one maybe two regular season games tops. One of the main reasons the Ravens lost is that Billick only gave Jamal 4 carries in the 2nd half, despite being down only 6 points or so for most of it. Billick ****** up; he got nervous or antsy or something. It was not Indys run D that stopped Jamal, it was Billick.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What in god's name is with the new Super Bowl Shuffle, featuring Singletary and 2 random white people.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange

Can you, please, explain to me how the hell he did that. How high is that? World record? Was he being raised by his teammates? WTF!?
Secret of the Bears' success in snow--they dance on the snowflakes as they fall. That's why NO was slipping all around and falling over themselves, and why the Bears weren't. Except for Peanut on Colston's TD... Peanut, as a legume, is used to being rooted in the soft, warm soil.

Actually, Berrian jumped and Clark grabbed him and "assisted" his leap.

And on-point, I am looking forward to the Bears' ST vs. the Colts' ST. Have there ever been two ST returns for touchdowns in a Superbowl?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the record, that looks like around a 40" vertical leap, which is not out of the realm of possibility for an NFL WR.

Hell, when I was playing in college, I could do about a 34" vertical, and I was a safety.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Believe it or not, I am picking the Bears.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ball Control. Thats what its all about. Control the ball and limit turnovers. If the Bears do that they win. I heard Bill Parcells on the radio yesterday and he said this game could be eerily similar to when the Giants won the Super Bowl in 1990. In that game as well the Bills were heavy favorites. Giants controlled the time of possesion and limited mistakes on offense and had a dominant defense. Snuck out a win. However the Colts do have Vinatieri. So if this game comes down to a 40 something yard field goal, I doubt he misses it like Norwood did.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink

This reminds me of the national championship people dident give the gators a chance either.

Ill go with Chicago
Old 01-26-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink

i really want Payton Manning to finally get his ring. so i've changed my mind and ill be rooting for the Colts. Even thou Defense wins ball games.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
This reminds me of the national championship people dident give the gators a chance either.

Ill go with Chicago
QFT

The Bear's defense feeds off TOs. In the playoffs, it is not unlikely that manning throws a couple of picks. Also... this isn't the RCA Dome. I still don't know who to really pick tho... HOWEVER, I believe that whoever wins will win in a blowout. Both these teams are huge rythem teams... once they lose their rythem, they pretty much suck... so... Either...

1. The Colts come out rolling and steamroll the Bears D

2. The Bears stop Manning completley

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

This week went by somewhat fast by most standards but I would guess that the upcoming week will be as slow as hell.

I'm just happy to see them actually make a SB run. Regardless of the outcome, this has been the best-case scenario (beating the Patriots included) for them and the icing on the cake would be a win.

I really think this game will be based on the first drive for both teams in both halves. If this Colts can get a quick opening drive for a TD early, then the game could be won for them. If the Bears get a quick TD, and Grossman finds a rhythm, then I would say that momentum would carry to the defense, which hurts Indy.

The second half is benefitial too as Grossman usually awakens around then if he struggles early. The Saints game exemplified that as did the MNF game against the St. Louis Rams. If Grossman is on a Jonathon Quinn-like run (who I still stick up for by considering him the worst QB ever), then this game could be interesting.

I'm a homer, so I'm rooting for the Colts but if the Bears win, so be it.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO PEYTON!!! WOO HOO!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Ill go with Chicago
I think this game is expected to be much closer than that one was expected to be.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:

Ill go with Chicago
QFT

The Bear's defense feeds off TOs. In the playoffs, it is not unlikely that manning throws a couple of picks. Also... this isn't the RCA Dome. I still don't know who to really pick tho... HOWEVER, I believe that whoever wins will win in a blowout. Both these teams are huge rythem teams... once they lose their rythem, they pretty much suck... so... Either...

1. The Colts come out rolling and steamroll the Bears D

2. The Bears stop Manning completley
\
Both teams have shown the ability to come back from behind quickly though.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

didn't the pats pretty much shut down manning initially? i think the bears D is better, but no matter what you think of the guy, he's one of the two best qb's in the league for a reason.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
didn't the pats pretty much shut down manning initially? i think the bears D is better, but no matter what you think of the guy, he's one of the two best qb's in the league for a reason.
His horse teeth?

Oh wait..I'm thinking of Elway.