Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fate of Bonds' 756 Ball

I haven't seen this posted in the MLB thread or in any other thread and decided that people here might want part of this...

From Yahoo!Sports:
Quote:
The fate of Barry Bonds' record-breaking home run ball is now in the public's hands after its buyer announced Monday he was taking votes on whether to give the ball to the Hall of Fame, brand it with an asterisk or blast it into space.

Fashion designer Marc Ecko revealed himself as Saturday's winning bidder in the online auction for the ball that Bonds hit last month to break Hank Aaron's record of 755 home runs. The final selling price for No. 756 was $752,467, well above most predictions.

Ecko had not even taken possession of the ball before setting up a Web site that lets visitors vote on which of the three outcomes they think the ball most deserves. He plans to announce the final tally after voting ends Sept. 25.
http://www.vote756.com/marcecko/

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said shoot it to the moon

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted to put it in the Hall...its not the ball's fault that the person who hit it is involved in controversy

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I voted to banish it.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blast it to space!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
I voted to put it in the Hall...its not the ball's fault that the person who hit it is involved in controversy
I haven't voted yet because I can't decide but I'm with that logic...I mean I hate Bond's and hate that he broke the record, but I think it is best for the game to put the ball in there...I mean if later we find out for 100% certainty he used steroids or something happens where it doesn't count or something, then take it out and do whatever

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blast it. It'd be hilarious.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said brand it, and then i would put it in the hall.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I wanna see a video of the blast off though if that wins.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

id put an asterisk on it, then send it to the HOF
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
That's the worst option. This is all speculation (albeit a closely true speculation) but if it were to be found out that Bonds was clean, it would be an embarassment to baseball.

I say give it to the Hall, maybe on some sort of loan, or lease...

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Same here, They would be great......
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Same here, They would be great......
Would they accept it though. I cant see Cooperstown accepting this act of "vandilism". I mean this guy is famous for graffiti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to give it to the Hall of Fame. It belongs there, and no dumbass asterisk crap should be applied and no shooting to the moon uselessness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brand it, just because I think that would be so funny

Timmy - Daddy, why is there an astericts on the baseball?
Father - Well timmy, when you break a record, and are accused of taking steriods, thats what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asterisk brand is CLASSIC.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
That's the worst option. This is all speculation (albeit a closely true speculation) but if it were to be found out that Bonds was clean, it would be an embarassment to baseball.
That's the thing though, how will anyone ever prove he's clean? The best case scenario is that no more evidence is found, and he's never proved guilty. No one has any way of proving that he didn't do something 4-7 years ago, especially with all the evidence against him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cant belive blast it to the moon is even an option
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
That's the thing though, how will anyone ever prove he's clean? The best case scenario is that no more evidence is found, and he's never proved guilty. No one has any way of proving that he didn't do something 4-7 years ago, especially with all the evidence against him.
You underestimate time machines.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this over at ESPN...I voted brand it and send to HoF...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Burden of proof is on the prosecutor. It has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Bonds knowingly took steroids, not the other way around.

Asking people to prove Bonds didn't take steroids is like asking people to prove Big Foot doesn't exist. It's impossible.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Burden of proof is on the prosecutor. It has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Bonds knowingly took steroids, not the other way around.

Asking people to prove Bonds didn't take steroids is like asking people to prove Big Foot doesn't exist. It's impossible.
yet proving he DIDN'T take steroids is also impossible... so you have to lean towards the side with more proof, and it's obvious which side that is.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post

This isn't a court case. This is public perception based on facts. There is a ton more evidence saying he took them, than there is that he didn't. Regardless, that it irrelevant to what I said. The original poster said it would look bad if Bonds was proved clean. I was merely stating that it is impossible for him to be proved clean.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted blast it into space, because people take sports too seriously already.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PUT IT IN ZE HALL~

Seriously. Hall.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote