Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Scholarship

Wow today i got a scholarship offer from Lakeland college in Alberta.. this is weird for me cause i have never considered myself being very good at anyhting. Im pumped though, My coach says a couple other schools have talked to him about me to.. im kinda hoping they are better schools than lakeland but its still cool. Highschool has not started yet but in my community and mens leagues im averaging 23 and 19 points respectivly. Just felt like telling you guys cause im super jacked!!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Wow today i got a scholarship offer from Lakeland college in Alberta.. this is weird for me cause i have never considered myself being very good at anyhting. Im pumped though, My coach says a couple other schools have talked to him about me to.. im kinda hoping they are better schools than lakeland but its still cool. Highschool has not started yet but in my community and mens leagues im averaging 23 and 19 points respectivly. Just felt like telling you guys cause im super jacked!!
thats sick dude. i am working hard so i can have a good senior football year and walk on somewhere if i have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure who those colleges are but getting to play Ball (basket?) anywhere would be cool

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Not sure who those colleges are but getting to play Ball (basket?) anywhere would be cool
Ya its basketball... and ya thats my thinking.. my freinds are like ooo big time colleges. I mean come on its still a cool experiance, especialyl since i wont have to pay as much of the tution out of my own pocket. I laugh though cause none of them got any.

On my team though there is the big three and we all have offers... then there is a rank drop off... if only we had some gaurds worthy of even being considered.. we would be a good team.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good luck playing basketball there, if you do. You need to keep us updated on how you're doing during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see you on the Canadian National Team in no time

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's better than nothing. I'm going to walk on somewhere and pay full price. :(

God I wish I didn't quit playing sports in high school. But I had to get a job to make money......
Old 11-10-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
That's better than nothing. I'm going to walk on somewhere and pay full price. :(

God I wish I didn't quit playing sports in high school. But I had to get a job to make money......
Damn those hookers and their high prices

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good job..bball season hasnt even started, so u still got time
Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we have a pretty big basketball school to, went to state semifinals last year. JP Gavinkski (#44 Wisconsin Badgers) went to my hs 2 years ago to.

anyway congrats man
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could walk-on for baseball at Duquesne

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
We'll see you on the Canadian National Team in no time
haha oh hell no.. im no where near that good... my shot would have to increase ten fold and my dribbling would have to be a lot better for that. We have extreme talent up here.. they just all live in vancouver or toronto

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

What's the story with athletic scholarships in Canada? I know in Ontario when I was going into school they weren't allowed.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
What's the story with athletic scholarships in Canada? I know in Ontario when I was going into school they weren't allowed.
Im not sure what schools can and cant.. like my freind also got scouted and offered a scholarship... and hers was for a full ride aswell.. maybe its CIS rules for bigger colleges? im not to sure, but this one would be my schooling paid for.. maybe things changed?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on scholarship at Heartland Community College for Soccer this season. It was pretty sweet to go to school for free.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I was on scholarship at Heartland Community College for Soccer this season. It was pretty sweet to go to school for free.
I didn't think you can get an athletic scholly for CCs...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I didn't think you can get an athletic scholly for CCs...
Well I did....And hoopsdemon just got one too.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I did....And hoopsdemon just got one too.
Oh, well fair enough I didn't know you could...and he's in Canada idk if the rules are the same as here and Lakeland College isn't a CC in Alberta I don't believe...
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Haha well I didn't have to pay a dime for tuition this semester, and the same for next semester so yea, I think I got a scholarship. I did have to pay for books and stuff though....

Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Congrats Man!
I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Haha well I didn't have to pay a dime for tuition this semester, and the same for next semester so yea, I think I got a scholarship. I did have to pay for books and stuff though....
right which is sweet, I wish I could be on a full scholarship...but I just didn't think that a CC could give an athletic scholly while a D3 can't...but maybe I'm wrong...are you sure it wasn't academic related? sorry if I seem like a dick but I was like 99% positive about this before today lol
Old 11-11-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh, well fair enough I didn't know you could...and he's in Canada idk if the rules are the same as here and Lakeland College isn't a CC in Alberta I don't believe...
Well, colleges in Canada aren't called community colleges, but it is the same idea. You usually go for anywhere from 1-3 years, and I think walk away with an Associats Degree. I think that is what it is like in western Canada, cuz that is how it is on Ontario.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Many schools in Canada now (not Ontario) can offer scholarships. Ontario just started 2 years ago. But to obtain one from an Ontario school you need great marks. Im thinking like higher than an 80% to get any money. If you go out west or east, they can offer anything from small grants to full rides. I know people who have full rides to Manitboa, UBC, Concordia, Bishops and St. FX.

A lot of people overlook playing football in Canada, but in reality, alot of kids from the states could make big scholorships. I would reccomend it to anyone who knows they won't go D1 or D1AA. The CIS (Canadian Interuniverstiy Sports) is probably about a D2 level (some schools are far below i.e Toronto) and many can offer Full Scholorships. I can also say that coaches from CIS schools LOVE American football players. Obviously the game is different, but it is football. And you would be getting a free ride and a great education.

If anyone is interested in talking to CIS schools, let me know, I have many connections with schools all across the country.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Congrats Man!
I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.
Ya thats why im hoping these other schools are a little more acedemically where i wanan be. I dont know who they are yet but they have been talking to my coach. I want to go into teaching, so if i could get a degree in education as a back up plan to fire fighting i would be happy. Just playing competitive ball after highscool is a cool thought for me.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-11-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Ya thats why im hoping these other schools are a little more acedemically where i wanan be. I dont know who they are yet but they have been talking to my coach. I want to go into teaching, so if i could get a degree in education as a back up plan to fire fighting i would be happy. Just playing competitive ball after highscool is a cool thought for me.
Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote