Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Elite WRs?

Hey guys, forgive me for my ignorance, as I'm not a college football diehard, but I was curious as to who the elite WRs in the country are right now. This year's senior crop doesn't seem to have any elite players in it, like the Calvin Johnson's or Larry Fitzgerald's of years past, and the only WR getting any Heisman hype right now is DeSean Jackson. The only other guys I know about who are potential high draft picks are Adarius Bowman, Sammie Slaughter, Earl Bennett, Percy Harvin, and Patrick Turner. Who else should we been keeping our eyes on?
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Crabtree from texas tech. 6'3" 225 lbs with 4.4 speed
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Michael Crabtree from texas tech. 6'3" 225 lbs with 4.4 speed
HAHA your in love with Crabtree.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
HAHA your in love with Crabtree.
It's hard not to like a guy that talented.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
It's hard not to like a guy that talented.
Hes a freshman so atleast you will get 2 see him for 2 more years in college if not 3.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Earl Bennett.....no homer

I think Davone Bess from hawaii could be good

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 09-18-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Earl Bennett.....no homer

I think Davone Bess from hawaii could be good
He is right... i actually think Bennet is the best wideout in the country

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Early Doucet is probably the most gifted LSU receiver I've seen since Josh Reed. Reed hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the pros..but man he was an absolute monster in college.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Jarett Dillard out of Rice. The dude can straight up catch the football. I remember he had something lik 15 straight games which he had a td catch. I can't remember if its still going or if that was an earlier stat i read, but i remember the record was 18 by larry fitzgerald.

Also, never really heard of this guy but Evan Moore a WR out of Stanfrod. The dude is 6' 7" 242. Now i'll take talent over size any day, as im sure most would. Especially in the era with steve smith, santana moss, laverenues coles etc. I just love a huge reciever who can go up and get the ball, however i'll take steve smith over just about anyone, except Early Randy Moss, because even tho he didn't run the most crisp routes he could just burn and go up and get the ball. It changes the way u play, instead of having to run on 3rd and short you can throw it, it just adds that dimension. Ahh, sorry for the tangent.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like brandon breazell from ucla a lot. He looks quick.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Jarett Dillard out of Rice. The dude can straight up catch the football. I remember he had something lik 15 straight games which he had a td catch. I can't remember if its still going or if that was an earlier stat i read, but i remember the record was 18 by larry fitzgerald.

Also, never really heard of this guy but Evan Moore a WR out of Stanfrod. The dude is 6' 7" 242. Now i'll take talent over size any day, as im sure most would. Especially in the era with steve smith, santana moss, laverenues coles etc. I just love a huge reciever who can go up and get the ball, however i'll take steve smith over just about anyone, except Early Randy Moss, because even tho he didn't run the most crisp routes he could just burn and go up and get the ball. It changes the way u play, instead of having to run on 3rd and short you can throw it, it just adds that dimension. Ahh, sorry for the tangent.
Evan Moore also has the worst knees and ankles of any player not named Tyrone prothro
Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Evan Moore also has the worst knees and ankles of any player not named Tyrone prothro
thats horrible, i still hate the fact he was still in that game
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Bennet is the best WR in college football, but Oklahoma's Malcolm Kelly is putting on a show and living up to his enormous potential this season. Vidal Hazelton from USC has made some amazing plays this season, he is another freak who could see his name called in round 1 in the next few years. Another Pac-10 guy I love is Jaison Williams out of Oregon, probably the most underrated blend of size/athleticism/production for the WR position in the land. He oges at about 6-5 240 4.5 and can hop, catch, and make plays.

Watch out for huge Mario Urrutia out of Louisville, Adarius Bowman out of Ok. St., WVU's Darius Reynaud, and one of my personal favorites - Limas Sweed out of Texas.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I know Percy Harvin may not play the traditional receiver spot...but he's got to be one of the best receivers in the country right now...reminds me alot of Reggie Bush...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Not a fan of Urrutia. I think Douglas is better, as do most people.

I don't think Urrutia is even a 2nd-team All Big East player if the voting was fair. Douglas, Underwood, Reynaud, Britt are all better, the USF and Pitt WRs are good too but they don't get all that many chances to catch.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Hardy, Indiana...Good size and hands

Chris Williams, New Mexico State...Steve Smith type but not quite on that level

Marcus Monk, Arkansas....See Hardy

Maurice Purify, Nebraska...Supposedly doesn't time well, but it doesn't show on the field. My favorite WR sleeper for this year.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
ahh thank you. I had no idea what the knocks on him were, i went to stanford's website, but obviouslt they aren't gonna really knock him on their own site.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Kelly and Darrius Heyward-Bey are my favorite WR's with potential to be high draft picks.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Arrington is an excellent possession-style receiver. He's got very good hands, is athletic and will go over the middle.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason Arrington has always reminded me of a taller, faster Jason Avant. I know that's actually not a good comparison, but for some reason it always pops in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
For some reason Arrington has always reminded me of a taller, faster Jason Avant. I know that's actually not a good comparison, but for some reason it always pops in my head.

if hes taller and faster, why compare them? Why don't you think of a receiver just as tall and just as fast

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess just from their playing style, I see similiarities. As I said though, it's really not a great comparison anyway. For one thing Arrington is much better after the catch than Avant IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I guess just from their playing style, I see similiarities. As I said though, it's really not a great comparison anyway. For one thing Arrington is much better after the catch than Avant IMO.
I don't see a single similarity between Avant and Arrington except for the fact that they were/are #2 recievers for Michigan. As already mentioned, Arrington is much taller and much faster than Avant (6'3 190 4.45 for Arrington, 6'0 210 4.68 for Avant). Arrington specializes in the intermediate/deep range (although not a great route-runner) and is a playmaker after the catch. Also, he is deadly in the red zone as he can outjump almost any corner in D1A. Avant was much stronger, had hands of glue, and was a terrific route runner. Pretty much a guaranteed completion within 15 yards. Completely different recievers in my eyes.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I don't see a single similarity between Avant and Arrington except for the fact that they were/are #2 recievers for Michigan. As already mentioned, Arrington is much taller and much faster than Avant (6'3 190 4.45 for Arrington, 6'0 210 4.68 for Avant). Arrington specializes in the intermediate/deep range (although not a great route-runner) and is a playmaker after the catch. Also, he is deadly in the red zone as he can outjump almost any corner in D1A. Avant was much stronger, had hands of glue, and was a terrific route runner. Pretty much a guaranteed completion within 15 yards. Completely different recievers in my eyes.
Was Avant really a 4.68? I had him in the 4.55 type range. Doesn't look THAT slow. Arrington is money in the red zone. Tha catch vs. Oregon was beastly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Was Avant really a 4.68? I had him in the 4.55 type range. Doesn't look THAT slow. Arrington is money in the red zone. Tha catch vs. Oregon was beastly.
Avant ran a 4.80 at his pro day, but had a slight leg injury. He then ran again a few days later and put up times in the 4.65-4.70 range. I'm sure he's gotten at least a little faster since then.