Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I like Quentin Groves. But, he doesn't fit as well in our defense as he would in a 3-4. Still, the guy's a player and the first guy I've seen this year to hit Tim Tebow above the waist and take him down.

If we're picking in the bottom half of the first round, Sweed should be considered. He's held the #1 WR spot at a top collegiate program for 3 years now, and is much faster than he gets credit for.

I doubt we go DB at all in the first round.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New sig dedicated to one of my dream picks
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, I really hope we don't draft another RB. That means either LenDale or Chris Henry would have gone to waste, and we probably wouldn't be able to get 2nd round value for them. Even though Stewart is a damn good running back, I just don't think we need to draft him, especially in the first or second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my problem with the Titans is that when it comes to skill positions on the offense we seem to be going for skill positions that arent top notch and we are really limiting ourselves. we didnt NEED to get griffin we could of gone for bowe who would of contributed to the team much much more. i would like us to take a skill position who is top of the pack and will be there for years. which i dont see any of our RB's being
Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

what do you guys think of dennis dixon QB for oregon. kerry collins wont be around much longer so i think in this years draft on day 2 we might want to look for a potential backup and when i watch him play he reminds me of a poor mans vince young. i was thinking if we could somehow get him in the 4th or 5th id be extremely happy.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

anyone like VY is a good pick IMO
Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't keep track of the collegiate WR's, so I don't know much about them. But if anyone of you guys do, will you give your pro WR comparisons to them?

As for Malcolm Kelly, Pit Bull, I heard someone compare him to Roy Williams. If thats true, I think I may be with you on the Kelly bandwagon.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I don't keep track of the collegiate WR's, so I don't know much about them. But if anyone of you guys do, will you give your pro WR comparisons to them?

As for Malcolm Kelly, Pit Bull, I heard someone compare him to Roy Williams. If thats true, I think I may be with you on the Kelly bandwagon.
I've been going around and making that comparison, and if you look at game tape, thats who he exactly reminds you of. He doesn't have the same burst of speed Roy has, but its still top notch. The thing about him is that he doesn't just go for the over the top catch on a bomb, but he goes over the middle and stiff arms people and just out runs cornerbacks and safeties. This is the one WR (along with DeSean Jackson) that I would take in the first.

I have definitely been believing that we should draft and groom a backup QB. Dennis Dixon definitely has that moxie to be at least a backup. What about if John David Booty falls? Is he a lock to go Day 1?

Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I've never liked the idea of drafting a backup QB. I'd rather pick up a veteran in FA. I think thats the smartest option. And if we do draft a QB, it better be in at least the 6th round or later.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i would hop all over dennis dixon, john d. booty or chad henne if we could get them in the fourth or later.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Dixon likely won't be drafted until late, due to him playing minor league baseball. Henne will likely be gone first day, but since all the Michigan business has happened, his draft status is still questionable. He has one helluva deep ball though. I've never liked Booty (*giggles*), but I don't watch USC much so I don't know.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

whats up with stephensons posts? i dont see his sig and i dont see the rep thing.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any opinions on drafting a TE this year?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

id be game if we could get carlson or rucker in the second or maybe fred davis in the third.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin Rucker is most definately my favorite TE in this draft. If he were there in the 2nd I would like the pickup. A big TE like that could help us be more efficient in the red zone.

Troupe is a mental bust. Scaife is good, but not great. I see the TE position being in the same boat as FS, MLB, DE, DT, and WR. We have solid-good players there, but they can be upgraded.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

In our offense, the tight end is more important, in my view, as the WR. I made a comment like that in the Mock Drafts Forum, and said that we need an Antonio Gates more than a Torry Holt. If a great tight end is there, I wouldn't mind grabbing him. But, I don't know too much about the TE's in this year's class.

But one guy I've had my eye on is Cornelius Ingram, TE for Florida. I know, another receiving TE from Florida. Dejavu, eh? But this guy is a monster, and has the wingspan of a pterrodactyl. So far, he has 250 Rec. Yrds and 3 Rec. TD's and is only in his second year of playing the position after switching from quarterback. You guys know where he may project at?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I saw the Missouri and Nebraska game last night, and Martin Rucker was a beast. Does he grade out to being in the 2nd round? I doubt he'd be on the board for our 2nd rounder...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need some help at WR, i'll put my WR in order in the next few days.
Running back - i'm holding in till the season plays out.
QB - we could use a mid rounder to develop Dennis Dixon??
FB - were good
TE - Troupe will have to finsh big to be a Titans next year, and other than Scaife we could use some new talent here also.
OT- some depth and we need to get Roos and Big country to long term deals.
OG -start thinging about Olson replacements and adding some depth and also resigning Bell or not.
Center maybe top talent if there, value wise if not i fell good at center.
DT- I hope we resign Fat Albert, but we could still very much use another top DT.
DE - is another need, Odom has look good but he can be upgraded.
LB - on the outside we look good, maybe depth, ILB could also be a early need, but i would like to see how Fowler and Tulloch finsh the season.
CB - Really don't see that being a need at this moment if pacman comes back and even if he doesn't i don't think it will be a HUGE need anyway...
S - Were pretty good and Griffin at this time next year could be or starting FS anyway, no IMO here.
K - No Need
P - maybe looking at a new young foot in the later rounds.
KR and PR - No needs

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I saw the Missouri and Nebraska game last night, and Martin Rucker was a beast. Does he grade out to being in the 2nd round? I doubt he'd be on the board for our 2nd rounder...
Kid has talent, he would be good value in the second if he was there.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

With the recent injury to Limas Sweed, which forces him out for the season, does that force him into the second round as well? I'm all for picking Sweed in the second round because it gives us a potent #1 reciever and the ability to use our first rounder on something else(tight end or middle linebacker or defensive tackle). Sweed just reminds me a lot of Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett and I would be more comfortable selecting him in the second.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm of the opinion that we need more speed at WR. Our offense as a whole is pretty slow with the exception of QB.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think it will be determined on how fast he runs at the combine. If he runs slow, combined with the injury and missed time, I think he'd be available in the 2nd. Plus, you have to factor in the WR class this year. If few junior WR's declare, then Sweed will be seen as the 3rd of 4th best WR. And if thats the case, a team may decide to take him before we can.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Speaking of TE's....another guy I like is Jermichael Finley from Texas. But he's only a sophomore right now and looks like he's about 235. He looks like a big WR. Could be a big prospect in the future.

Also, just for the record...I don't see us using our 1st on a WR. Unless Chow really gets in Fishers ear about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Honestly, I think the only way we don't use our 1st RD pick on a WR is if Paul Williams starts showing glimpses during practice. If not, then I think it'd be a foolish move, unless someone of epic value falls. We passed on Dwayne Bowe, a WR who fit our offense perfectly, last year for Griff. And now we have an offense that can only run the ball. I know our history and that with our offense, the WR's role isn't vital. But seriously, the situation we have now blows.

Malcolm Kelly in the 1st and Martin Rucker in the 2nd would setup our offense for... *drools*...Ahem, sorry. It would setup our offense for a while. I'm hoping Chow does speak up.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

I am saying watch out for a dark horse pick on an ILB. Lots of serious prospects with Laurinatis and Mauluagua and Connor. Only way we go WR would be DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly, unless Early Doucet absolutely impresses at the combine

Quote: