Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
harper in the 2010 pro bowl
bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
harper in the 2010 pro bowl
bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010
What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about the latest mock update???

Scott has us picking WR Limas Sweed at about pick #25 (or so) -- which means apparently Scott thinks we're going to have a good year.

Personally, I don't mind the Sweed pick; but I don't think it will happen. The Titans seem to be one of those teams (like the Eagles) that just don't believe in taking WRs early.

Since we don't have any GLARING needs, I kinda hope that we trade back a little and accumulate some more picks...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love where we're picking, but not so much the pick. Sweed is the 2nd WR taken overall, and I don't think he's that good. He had the chemistry with Vince, but who's to say that will carry to the Pro level? But out of all the senior WR's, he's my preferred pick. I just hope Malcolm Kelly declares.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls
i hate vince on 08, i find him too stressful to play with lol, so i have carson palmer
Old 10-12-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's blasphemy Stephenson!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That's blasphemy Stephenson!
woah woah, if a QB cant throw on the move on madden he is no use to me
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Maybe you're not that good? ;)

Ok, after today, I'm seriously hoping that we persue Michael Turner during FA this offseason. Turner and LenWhale would be great, and that way we don't need to use a draft pick on the position.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.
Well everyone thinks that is our top need right now, and everyone believes that in order to make Vince Young better we must upgrade the people around him. Basically, what occurred to Mike Vick in Atlanta, in which everyone wanted a first round WR every year is now happening with Young. I definitely think its possible for us to take a WR such as Kelly or Doucet, but I also think it is as likely to take a TE, ILB and S

Quote:
Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

james hardy for me please
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure my opinion will change alot in the next few months, but right now I think we need some new blood at our offensive skill positions. At this moment, if they were available, I'd draft Desean Jackson and Martin Rucker in 1 & 2. We need a wideout that can threaten a defense and a big TE that can help in the redzone and work the middle of the field (what Troupe should have been). DJax can also return punts which Fisher obviously LOVES.

We have enough big bodied possession WRs. Look at what Santonio Holmes has done for the Pitt offense.

One thing to think about though is whether or not Pac will be back next year. Because CB could become a need.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Titans needs in no real particular order, but with in-depth explanations...

Wide Receiver

This is the most known, so I won't really go into much detail. We drafted Paul Williams last year, and have a few decent guys already on the roster. I think our roster will consist of Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage, Paul Williams, and Chris Davis. We mainly need a guy who can get separation and adjust to the catch. We don't usually draft WR's early, but it's your mock and is a primary need.

Tight End

Currently, we have Bo Scaife, Ben Troupe, Ben Hartsock, and Casey Cramer as our TE's/H-Back's. Troupe is an athletic specimen...from the waist down. He not there mentally though. Bo Scaife is our most productive, but he's a 2nd stringer at best and the Texas connection with Vince Young is overrated, since David Thomas was the TE at Texas when Vince was the starter. Hartsock is a Colts castoff, and Cramer plays FB for us now that Ahmard Hall is hurt. Needless to say, an upgrade is needed, especially considering that the TE plays every snap in our offense and is utilized more than the WR. John Carlson, Martin Rucker, or Fred Davis would be good picks in the 2nd RD.

OLine

The Titans have a great Offensive Line, and many consider it to be one of the best in the league. This is true in some way. We have two young OT's in David Stewart and Michael Roos, but behind them we only have Daniel Loper who isn't very special. At OG we have Benji Olsen and Jacob Bell. Olsen is 31 years old, and Bell is a FA after this season. Behind them we have Eugene Amano and rookie Leroy Harris, who both play OG/C. Amano has played well in spot duty, but I don't know if he's a full time starter. Bell could very well leave in FA with the amount of money Guards got last year, and he may be the weakest link of the line anyway. Not much upside, but he's quite young. Then Olsen is getting quite old, and he may not be around much longer. If a OT/OG player such as Eric Young were available in the 2nd RD, or even the 3rd RD since Young is now out for the rest of the season and may fall, he may be worth picking up. Center is a great need, though many pick us a C before any other OL spots. Mawae is old, but he is playing great and should play for another two years. Plus, as I said, we have Amano and Harris who are both young and are being groomed to take over for Mawae. We need to keep our OLine intact before any other positions since it is the key to our Power Run offense. OG, OT, then C in that order.

Defensive Tackle

Our NT Albert Haynesworth is a monster, but he is in the last year of his contract. If we do not come to a deal with him, we'll likely Franchise Tag him. The starter next to him at UT is Tony Brown, who played well last year and so far this year, and is still under contract after being resigned in the offseason. But after them the depth is poor. Randy Starks is a FA after this season, and Corey Simon retired a few weeks ago. We drafted Antonio Johnson last year out of Mississippi St., but he went on IR before the season starts so we don't know what we have in him. Another body to rotate in is needed, especially since Haynesworth gets banged up a bit easily. NT or UT, it doesn't matter.

Defensive End

Kyle Vanden Bosch is our best DE, and is having a great year (5 sacks so far). He's still under contract, but the LE's across from him aren't. Travis LaBoy (5 sacks) and Antwan Odom (4 sacks) are FA's after this season. One of them will likely be resigned, but they rotate constantly. Odom is a good all around DE, and LaBoy is a great pass rusher. We have Bryce Fisher as depth and rookie Jacob Ford, a 'tweener pass rusher was placed on IR before the season. Neither Fisher or Ford have proven much, so they're unproven. Since we'll likely only lose LaBoy or Odom, this isn't a big need. But if there is a great value, I wouldn't be against taking a good DE. But if the value isn't there, DE is on the back burner and should only be addressed on the 2nd Day.

Middle Linebacker

Some other Titans think this is a 1st RD need. I do not think so. In our defense, we run a lot of Nickel packages. So the MLB sees little time. Plus, we currently have Ryan Fowler as our MLB and he is playing surprisingly well and is an amazing bang for our buck player. He is basically a "Thumper" ILB who plays close to the LOS to take up blockers to that our quick OLB's can make the play. We have solid depth behind him too in Stephen Tulloch. But, he can be upgraded. MLB is not a 1st or 2nd RD need, but if a guy such as J Leman or Jonathan Goff is there in the 3rd RD, they should definitely be considered. Even an OLB such as Tavares Gooden who could be converted to MLB could be considered.

Cornerback

With the PacMan situation, this need tends to get overblown. We're missing PacMan now, and have a Top 3 defense. Plus, we'll get PacMan back in the 2008 season unless something changes. But with Pac, there's a good chance something will change so we may need to look at CB. Right now our starters are Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper. Finnegan is a late round gem, and is playing great right now. Nick Harper has been solid, but plays soft at times and is over 30. At NB we have our backup FS in Vincent Fuller, and he plays well in that role. Behind our outside CB's we have Reynaldo Hill, Kelly Herndon, and Eric King. So we have good starters and solid depth. But you can never have too many good corners, especially with the PacMan situation. I don't think CB should be addressed any higher than the 3rd RD, though. Anytime after, though, is fine
My explanation of the Titans possible needs for the '08 Draft. Whaddya guys think?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

WR is definitely our biggest need. from what ive seen so far this season the only WRs who should be back next year are Justin Gage, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and chris davis only because of his kick returning.
HB is a need also just because lenwhale needs 35 carries to get 100 and chris henry doesnt exactly strike me as a pro bowler.
TE is a pretty big need as well. the only one on the roster worth keeping is scaife and he is solid but not great.
Oline depth is a concern if we dont resign bell, and i still think we need to draft a QB to groom to be vinces backup after collins retires.
Dline depth is a need but DT goes to the front of the list if haynesworth leaves.
Lb isnt much of a need in my opinion.
CB is a big need in my opinion because harper is old, none of the backups impress me, and i dont think pacman will be or should be back.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

*shrugs*

RB is in a bit of limbo, but thankfully RB isn't a position that you need to groom a player in. Even if we lose out, we won't be in a position to pick McFadden, so the pressure to take a possibly great prospect is gone. And I like JStew, but he's not a must have. We can go next year with what we have, and if they aren't as productive as we'd like, we can go RB in the Draft. Not to mention, there are solid RB's in FA such as Michael Turner. I have no worries there.

We have great CB depth, but another starter could be needed if Harper declines. That all depends on if PacMan will be back, though. If PacMan is back, we're sitting neat and pretty if you ask me. But, if Pac comes back, will Harper move to NB or will Finnegan? Hmmm...

I agree about LB. I think Fowler is exactly what we need, and is quite underrated.

WR, TE, and OLine/DLine depth are my main concerns. The loss of Odom and LaBoy would determine DLine being before OLine, and the same goes with Jacob Bell. Haynesworth will be back next season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

JSTEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

<3 CH

but...

<3<3 JSTEW
Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Does Jonathan Stewart remind anyone else of Shaun Alexander?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Does Jonathan Stewart remind anyone else of Shaun Alexander?
nah.... but thats just me.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

he reminds me of shaun alexander running style, shifty, good burst, good vision but hes not a ***** and he hits bitches like its a drug
Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You guys think that Antonio Johnson, rookie out of Mississipi St. who's been on IR this year, would prevent us from going DT in rounds 2-7?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys think that Antonio Johnson, rookie out of Mississipi St. who's been on IR this year, would prevent us from going DT in rounds 2-7?
I doubt it. He definitely is a monster, but I think that Randy Starks won't stick around for another year. I remember he had so much promise, but has filled to live up to it. I think he will be cut, and probably Johnson will be brought up to the 53 man roster. I still think that is one area that could use improvement, or at least another rotational starter.

Anybody else hopes that the Titans trade up for someone like Malcolm Kelly or DeSean Jackson this upcoming draft, to have a true stud #1 WR?

Quote:
Old 11-14-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think they'll stay put. Floyd Reese never traded up, and preferred to trade back to gather picks. I dunno what Reinfeldt will do, though. I dunno if Jackson will fall to us, but a solid WR like Kelly or Hardy will. Whether we actually pick them is still up in the air...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I want nothing more than a true #1 WR. but my only question is would vince be able to get him the ball anyway?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Which is why I want a stud TE over a stud WR. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Still a ton of options for us. We should be looking at about 6 different positions. DE, DT, MLB, WR, TE, OG. We can go any order on those 6 positions realistically, though I think we'll wait until at least rd. 3 on OG. I think we can nab a quality TE in the middle of 2 and I'd target one there. Carlson, Davis (don't think he'll be there), Rucker, Bennett.

Rd. 1 would depend on how the board falls. I'd take the BPA between those positions though. In rd. 3 and 4 I'd build some depth on the OL and DL, dependent on the 1st rounder.

And I'd make sure Haynesworth is back on this team next year, tagged or re-signed. I think Gage should start. Moulds should be gone. Let Jones/Paul Williams/FA pickup/draftee battle for the other outside receiver spot. Pray Chris Davis comes through in the slot.