Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

my dream day one draft right now would be
1) malcolm kelly
2)frank okam
3) Martin rucker
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

We need to get offensive players with each of our first three picks. Hopefully two receivers and one tight end. I know we have some needs on the D-Line if Haynesworth leaves but Vince needs help badly. Maybe we could even trade our first round pick for a stud wide receiver.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

personally for me, try and get burner turner in the off season or get JStew if hes there, i still think an explosive high powered running game would help us more than a receiver at this point
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i know our offense is pitiful but even if we resign haynesworth hes a liability so we need another DT badly.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

incidently, if asante samuel becomes a free agent, would you guys want us to pursue him? i sure would.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omg Yes Please
Old 11-26-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

samuel, finny, griffin, hope

erection
Old 11-26-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft day scenario is to trade down with Atlanta and get their two 2nd RD picks for our first pick. I think this could happen if one of the Top 3 QB's are still on the board or a great OT such as Baker or Clady slip.

We'll have three 2nd RD picks, so hopefully we can get players like Limas Sweed, Dre Moore, and Martin Rucker in the 2nd RD and then a player like Eric Young or another Guard in the 3rd RD.

Anyway, I think our needs go WR, TE, and OG on offense. DT, CB, and MLB on defense.

WR is a 1st or 2nd RD need. If Jackson, Hardy, or Kelly are taken before our picks, then I hope we pick up a WR in the 2nd RD and look at OG or DT.

TE can be addressed in the 3rd no matter what. I think Rucker, Carlson, or Jacob Tamme will be there. I think Martellus Bennett will declare also, with the coaching change at Texas A&M, so him and Davis will go before Rucker in that order.

Guard is becoming a more pressing need by the minute. It seems that Benji Olsen is all but done, and Jacob Bell may walk in FA. All we have left is Eugene Amano, and he hasn't impressed me in his spell duty for Olsen. If those two are gone at the end of the season, we must address this position. Say what you want about the skill positions, but we must keep our OLine maintained if we are to be successful.

DT needs to be addressed, even if we re-sign Haynesworth. Tony Brown is okay next to Al, but stinks next to Starks. Both Starks and Brown are great in rotation, though. So if we can draft a great UT, or someone to take Fat Al's spot while he's hurt, that would be great.

CB isn't that big of a need if PacMan comes back. But knowing PacMan, we never know. I think Finny is overrated by us. He is good outside, but I think he's a great NB. Harper gives too much of a cushion, but he's a solid tackler. We'll be in the position to draft Aqib Talib in the first, who I like very much.

We haven't had a good MLB in....ever. Fowler is serviceable, but he can be upgraded.

In order of need, I'd go WR, OG, TE, DT, MLB, CB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they intend to play Leroy Harris at OG also.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That may work, but then we must draft another Center in the draft if Bell leaves. I don't think Loper can play Center, but he can play Guard and Harris/Amano can play Center... I really want Alan Faneca...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i want us to get an explosive big play runner, no wide reciver will help vince young, he needs a set of running backs who can do the job lendale white chris brown and chris henry are not, we need a premier one and thats my opinion but i put that as the most important need
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

IMO our needs go like.....
WR, DT, TE, CB, HB, MLB
Guard is only a bigger need if bell leaves, and we could use a midround pick on a QB to groom to be Vince's backup.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Eric Young in the 3rd RD would be nice. He has experience at Guard and Tackle.

I think we need 4 1st Day picks (RDs 1-3) so we can address WR, TE, DT, and G. Hopefully we can trade down with someone, like Miami or Atlanta, and have this happen.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free agency will give us a clearer picture of where to go in the draft. Odom and LaBoy are FA's. Starks is too (I think?).

There's no way with the holes those 3 create plus the needed upgrade at the other positions that we don't bring in some free agents. After that happens it should narrow down our draft choices.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

we need an explosive running game, i really think our run game is a MASSIVE problem
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

So do I.

But LenDale is the type of back Fisher has wet dreams over.

I like Chris Henry, but we need another effective RB to pair with him. I like Chris Brown in a backup role, but he may not be here after this year.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Starks, Odom, and LaBoy are FA's.

We're stuck with LenDale and Henry. Fisher stands by LenDale, and every time 'Dale has a poor performance, Fisher attributes it to the amount of carries he gets. Henry may amount to something, but he needs to hit the hole with more authority. LenDale needs to be out between the tackles guy, and Henry needs to be our off-tackle/counter/sweep/screen guy. Chris Brown may be gone, but the guy can play. I'd prefer out third RB to be a great KR, but I'm not sure if there's one in the draft or not, or if the guy we have now will pan out.

Also, I have a man crush on Michael Johnson, Jr. DE out of Georgia Tech. He's 6-7, 250, and is a great pass rusher. He was recruited to be a tight end, and hasn't played the position very long. I wonder if he declares due to Gailey leaving. If he does, I want him!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

lendale is FARRRRRRRRR to slow, hes like bettis but doesnt break the tackles
Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What happened to Ben Troupe?
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
What happened to Ben Troupe?
Horribly inconsistent. He's an amazing athlete, but he has an uncanny knack of killing a crucial drive with a mistake. He drops easy passes, he runs the wrong routes (supposedly), and he's not a good blocker.

His attitude is good, he is a hard worker, and he has all the tool imaginable, but for some reason it isn't translating to the field.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

imagine if we had gates
Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think we could get in return for pacman if we traded him this offseason? The more I think about it the less I see him on the team next year. I'm gonna guess at most we gewt a 4th rounder. No doubt he's talented but teams to trade with will be hard to find because of his off the field problems.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
What do you guys think we could get in return for pacman if we traded him this offseason? The more I think about it the less I see him on the team next year. I'm gonna guess at most we gewt a 4th rounder. No doubt he's talented but teams to trade with will be hard to find because of his off the field problems.
I think Pacman would be hard to trade. Rather than give up any picks for him, most teams would probably try to wait it out and see if we flat-out release him.

If we did trade him, I think it would probably be somewhere around a 5th rounder or so.

Personally, I hope that the Titans aren't too hasty in dealing him. Pacman's obviously much more valuable (from a talent standpoint) than a late-round pick. I'd prefer that the Titans-Pacman try and make it work -- if it doesn't, then they can release him after next season...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

With PacMan's suspension being over and his legal issues getting settled, he's become easier to trade. But the value that we'd receive for him wouldn't be the same. It'd be a strict move to dump him for something, and I don't think its come to that yet.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:57 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

we should keep him, as soon as he starts causing trouble again...gone

imagine pack and finny with griffin and hope