Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-04-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, we need PacMan back. If we had him this year, I think we'd be at least 1 Win better. We have no PR, and Finny and Harper aren't spectacular. When PacMan comes back, I think Fisher will put him and Harper on the outside, and Finny in the Nickel. And I can't say I disagree. Finny is more aggressive than Harper, so he'd be better at NB.

If all else fails, we can always go CB in RD 2 or 3. This is a tremendously deep CB class, and I wouldn't be susprised if we selected one fairly early.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
And I can't say I disagree. Finny is more aggressive than Harper, so he'd be better at NB.
I can. Finny, despite struggles in a couple weeks recently, is far superior to Harper and it is as clear as day. He needs to be on the field all the time. If it came down to the scenario you posted, we should do like the Cowboys do with Newman. Play Finnegan outside in our base sets, and when Harper comes in for nickel, move Finny inside and put Harper outside.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know the Cowboys did that, or even considered that a possibility. That would be a great option.

Realistically though, with Fisher's tendency to start veterans, I can't see Finnegan, who only beat out Reynaldo Hill because Hill got injured, starting over the veteran Harper. I love Finny as much as the next guy, but I don't see it happening unless Harper has a significant decline in his ability.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Pac Man does deserve a second chance. Other players have gotten in trouble with the law and come back with open arms to teams. Now, no one with Pac Man's rap sheet has come by, but still he has a boat load of talent, and to give him up for way less than what he is worth is not a wise choice. Plug him into our secondary this season, and I think we are either leading the wild card race, or challenging the Colts for the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll get his chance next year. I feel extremely confident in saying that because of his relationship with Fish

Unless he screws it up between now and then.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i guess im the only one who thinks itd be addition by subtraction.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think you are, the only one, IF he cleans his act up he will be a great addition but if not...he will have a negative effect
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We need PacMan, and I want him back.

He was the 2nd best PR in the NFL in my opinion, and his field position improvement and momentum shifts would improve the offense, and the team in general. Not to mention, his 4 or so PR TD's and his 1 or so INT TD's and INT RET yards would be awesome.

With PacMan and a solid draft, we win at least 9 games next season and go to the AFC Semifinal games.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think we should let Starks walk for nothing, and look to add another DT that can play stout against the run. Problem is, Washburn likes the quick twitch explosive guys. Most guys like that in college are barely pushing 300 lbs. We are just lucky that Haynesworth has the quickness to go along with about a 330 lb frame and beastly strength.

Either bring in a FA or look in round 2 or 3 for another body.

It's gonna be tough to get the necessary pieces to make our offense competent while also upgrading a couple needed spots on defense.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the opinions on Vernon Gholston? I'm seeing him either going to the Pats in the top 5 or dropping all the way to the early/middle of the first round. I'm hearing some Shawn Merrimen comparisons and am quite intrigued by pairing him on the same line as KVB and Fat Albert. I'm figuring a hybrid 4-3 (starting out with 4 on the line, but dropping a DE back into coverage just to have him run into a blitz) Possible trade up for him?

Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
What are the opinions on Vernon Gholston? I'm seeing him either going to the Pats in the top 5 or dropping all the way to the early/middle of the first round. I'm hearing some Shawn Merrimen comparisons and am quite intrigued by pairing him on the same line as KVB and Fat Albert. I'm figuring a hybrid 4-3 (starting out with 4 on the line, but dropping a DE back into coverage just to have him run into a blitz) Possible trade up for him?
DE is definitely not a first round need IMO. As for a DT, we're more than likely not gonna get sedrick ellis in the 1st so maybe we can get Dre Moore, Frank Okam, or Andre Fluellen in the second. We have got to get Vince some targets so in the first round I'm wanting James Hardy, Earl Bennett, or Malcolm Kelly since I doubt we get a shot at taking Desean Jackson.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The Motor City Bowl is on tonight between Purdue and Central Michigan. Purdue has two prospects in Dorien Bryant WR/KR and Dustin Keller TE.

Bryant is only 5'10, 185-ish but I really like him. Extremely productive over his career. Great after the catch, and can get separation from DB's. Very explosive and elusive, but is also quite powerful for his size. Not to mention, a great return man. Here is a highlight reel of him. He can probably be had in the 2nd or 3rd RD.

Dustin Keller is 6'4, 240 but is a good receiving option. He's not fast, but can find the open spaces in the defenses and has good awareness. I think I like Martin Rucker more than him, but Keller could be had in the 3rd of 4th RD.

If anyone else watches the game, Bryant is #9 and Keller is #28.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 12-26-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Erin Henderson didn't look spectacular in the Emerald Bowl tonight, but Dre Moore definitely did. Moore probably won't last until out 2nd RD pick, but if we'd pick him in the 1st RD, we'd have probably the best Front 7 in the NFL, and has a DT line-up similar to the Pat Williams/Kevin Williams duo in Minnesota.

Darius Heyward-Bey is hella fast, too.

It would be tough to pass over glaring needs at WR and such for a DT or another player you like who fills another secondary need. But we did it with Michael Griffin last year, so who knows?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Well apparently TJ whosyamamma is a free agent this year. I doubt he gets out of cincy but if he does he becomes my #1 priority FA if I'm the titans. anyone know of any other FA Wr's? I know patrick crayton was just resigned and supposedly Bernard Berrian is one too.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't think Houshmandzadeh is a FA, unless he gets cut that is...

My favorite FA WR is D.J. Hackett (SEA). Others on the market are Bryant Johnson (ARZ) and Bernard Berrian (CHI), but I like Hackett more. He shouldn't be re-signed by Seattle who have expensive WR's in Deion Branch and Nate Burleson, and still has Bobby Engram too. I doubt they invest so much money on one position. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson hit the market, as Arizona has Fitzgerald and Boldin. I dunno if Berrian will leave Chicago, but he's a great deep threat who sometimes drops balls.

As for WR's who could be released, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante Stallworth (NE) and Devery Henderson (NO) are released.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I was listening to espn radio and I could've swore they said Houshmandzadeh was a FA after this year. But they also said that the Bengals were more likely to resign him and trade Chad Johnson. I've also heard besides Chad Johnson that Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald could both be trade bait after this season as well.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Houshmandzadeh signed a 4 year deal in 2005, so that takes him out of our picture because I doubt that he gets released or traded. Chad Johnson on the other hand could get traded after having a monster year though. Roy Williams is a possibility though I don't know why, and the same goes for Larry Fitzgerald

Quote:
Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DallasTitan

I could see the Bengals changing their team and trading Johnson (however I would not give more than a 2/3 for him). I believe that Bryant Johnson should be someone that we pursue...he has not been used as much in AZ. It is paramount that we improve our play at G. Olsen is done and Bell may walk.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...I heard that Roy Williams could be traded as well. Apparently, he's unhappy with the way that he's been utilized in the Lions' offense. If he can stay healthy, he's certainly a #1-calibur WR. I guess it depends on how much the Lions would want for him in return.

As far as FA WRs go, the top ones that I've heard are:
1. Randy Moss -- I believe he can (and will) opt out of his contract. Whether the Pats re-sign him, I don't know...
2. D.J. Hackett -- probably won't be re-signed by the Seahawks...
3. Bernard Berrian -- speed threat (which the Titans need) but a bit inconsistent...
4. Bryant Johnson -- overshadowed by Boldin & Fitzgerald but probably talented enough to be a solid #2 WR for alot of other NFL teams...
5. Devery Henderson -- has been pretty much invisible this season but has the speed to go deep...

Overall, from this list, I'd probably want to re-sign Justin Gage, sign Bernard Berrian, and then draft a mid-to-late round WR. Although he's been a veteran presence in the passing game, I'd let Eric Moulds leave via FA. And I'd probably cut Brandon Jones (who's never shown any consistency) and Mike Williams (who's a #3-#4 WR, at best). Hackett & Johnson are certainly interesting options; however, Berrian's speed would make me choose him, as the Titans are currently without a legit deep-threat in their offense.

That would make our potential WR core in 2008:

1. Bernard Berrian (speed threat)
2. Justin Gage (reliable possession WR)
3. Roydell Williams (talented WR)
4. David Givens (depending upon health)
5. Chris Davis (potential slot WR, good punt return potential)
6. Biren Ealy (potential WR)
7. Paul Williams (depending upon development)
8. Rookie WR (developmental prospect, probably practice squad)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

We need a legit number one. none of those guys, except randy moss who wouldnt come here anyways, seem to be legit number ones. If we have to trade our first or second to get fitz, chad johnson, or roy williams, then so be it. If not we better go after one of the elite WRs in this draft. Im tired of washed up vets and late round developmental receivers. We also need a go-to TE, and id love for us to get a scatback.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Handz 12

The guy that really stick out to me that we should pick first is the Oklahoma State WR Adarius Bowman, this man is 6-4 220, he can do anything you ask him to do, he'll block and catch and lately we haven't seen that on the Titans. In the second round we should grab Missouri's TE Martin Rucker hes got big soft hands and he's huge!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree. I love the two Big XII receivers. Bowman and Kelly...I think both are going to be great pros.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Handz 12

I like Kelly too, but don't we pick at like 24 or 25 I think he'll be gone when we pick.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think he'll be gone too. I would love Bowman at our pick.

I know cashmoneydrew won't like it, but I really hope we don't pick James Hardy. It's really hard for a guy that tall and lanky to be a good route runner and get separation. When I watch him I see rounded cuts and no quickness or agility. I think he's a complementary player in the pros, and that might not be a bad thing, but I think we need a guy that can be a lead receiver. Bowman almost reminds me of Eric Moulds....7-9 years ago.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTitan
I could see the Bengals changing their team and trading Johnson (however I would not give more than a 2/3 for him). I believe that Bryant Johnson should be someone that we pursue...he has not been used as much in AZ. It is paramount that we improve our play at G. Olsen is done and Bell may walk.
I would give up a mid-20's 1st RD pick for Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. We wouldn't get anyone of his talent at our pick in the draft. Not to mention, Chris Chambers was traded for a 2nd RD pick, so an annual Pro Bowler would be a steal for a 1st RD pick.

If Olsen retires, I think we re-sign Bell. Then, we have Amano, Harris, and Loper on the roster who all have playing time and the ability to take over RG. There's reliable OL in FA too, and we always draft one during the 2nd Day. Coach Munchak has the ability to take late round guys and make them work. I mean, our franchise LT was taken in the 2nd RD and was considered a reach. Besides, we should have bigger needs on our Draft Board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoneydrew
We need a legit number one. none of those guys, except randy moss who wouldnt come here anyways, seem to be legit number ones.
D.J. Hackett is a #1 and the 2nd best WR for the Seahawks when healthy; Actually, arguably their best. The problem Seattle has with re-signing him is that they've dealt out massive contracts to Deion Branch and Nate Burleson, so giving another sizeable contract to Hackett would be a bad business move.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-02-2008 at 08:30 AM.