Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Merrill Hoge just said that Romo is a mixture of Brett Favre and Tom Brady.
=
&

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Last edited by Addict : 09-25-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In fairness, Hodge's point was the he moves within the pocket like Brady does, and that he has the low-release point and creativity of Favre.

He did not say he is the QB that would be created by taking the best attributes of the two.

He had a good point.

That said, I could not possibly agree more with the pictures above. He is FOS about 98.5435% of the time.

We need to create a Tool Index for ESPN's analysts. Obviously, Salisbury would have to get the coveted #1 spot, but Clayton and Hodge would duke it out for the #2 spot.

Oh, wait. I forgot about Skip Bayless.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip is a tool...he's still bashing Romo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
We need to create a Tool Index for ESPN's analysts. Obviously, Salisbury would have to get the coveted #1 spot, but Clayton and Hodge would duke it out for the #2 spot.

Oh, wait. I forgot about Skip Bayless.
I disagree about Clayton, I'm a big fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
No, thanks to him, I am three months from being an admin. In case u don't know the story, I asked Ward if I could be admin, he responded when the Cowboys win the superbowl. I WILL REMEMBER THAT IN 3 MONTHS!
I plan on upholding my part of the deal.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I plan on upholding my part of the deal.
I have plenty of ideas for the site already.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Bayless was just talking more crap about Romo. Saying he was too small and too side arm and he would cost them games very soon. Doesnt matter what Tony does...Skip is such a tool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Skip Bayless was just talking more crap about Romo. Saying he was too small and too side arm and he would cost them games very soon. Doesnt matter what Tony does...Skip is such a tool.
He also says LBJ is overrated and Bob Stoops should be fired. Also, that the left tackle isn't that important of a position, no one should listen to what he has to say. He is borderline idiotic.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Skip Bayless
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is the man, that is all.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Bayless annoys me, he actually makes me look forward to woody paige, which is scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo still looks like a moron. He's just proven h's not wha he looks like.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no trouble admitting that I questioned which Romo we'd see this year. You'd have to be a fool not to raise that question before the season started. However Romo has answered all my doubts and there is no question that his future and the future of the Cowboys looks bright. He sure looks like a carbon copy of Favre, a great team leader and a real gunslinger who probably hasn't reached his limit and will continue to grow.
I think he will go down as one of the most interesting QB's of our era. All he has left to prove is whether or not he can win in the playoffs. He sure has changed the dynamics of the AFC vs the NFC, he looks like he should be able to go with Brady and Payton but we'll have to see.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, what's so wrong about raising questions about an unproven player? For every Romo that excels there are other players who don't meet the expectations. Romo has stepped up, that in no way means that any of those who had doubts were wrong beforehand.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I know, what's so wrong about raising questions about an unproven player? For every Romo that excels there are other players who don't meet the expectations. Romo has stepped up, that in no way means that any of those who had doubts were wrong beforehand.
yea this is the same kind of thread as 'boy those titans sure are terrible', how the hell were we supposed to know? He looked terrible towards the end, and I still stand by my opinion that he had no business in the Pro Bowl.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I hate Skip Bayless
That guy disrespects LBJ so much. I mean, he was still calling him Prince James and saying he was overrated after that amazing overtime performance...he's just a major tool.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think Romo is the real deal but keep in mind..he hasnt beaten anyone yet

Giants D?
Rams D?
Miami D?

Chicago was good on D but might have been hurting a bit

his real test is in 2 weeks verse Patriots. i wonder what BB and company will throw at him (hopefully we stay healthy till then)
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
i think Romo is the real deal but keep in mind..he hasnt beaten anyone yet

Giants D?
Rams D?
Miami D?

Chicago was good on D but might have been hurting a bit

his real test is in 2 weeks verse Patriots. i wonder what BB and company will throw at him (hopefully we stay healthy till then)
it's still impressive the way how he beat them. Same way 'round Cowboys will be the first REAL serious test (meaning a solid, deep team not coached by Norv Turner) for the pats as well.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
it's still impressive the way how he beat them. Same way 'round Cowboys will be the first REAL serious test (meaning a solid, deep team not coached by Norv Turner) for the pats as well.
yep and its gonna be a great game. too bad its not a Sunday Night or MNF game :(

i dont think our offense will be tested that greatly. We've played Chargers who were a great D last year but our defense will be tested.

i think Jets and Chargers presented challenges but Jets OL got dominated and Chargers aswell and we made a lot of plays against them.

Cowboys will be bigger test because we verse a very good TE(we versed Gates) and a very good WR(we versed Coles and Evans) but thats 2 receiving weapons along with 2 good RBs and a much better OL.

im not worried too much about Cowboys besides Owens but thats where Samuel has to prove hes worth the cash.

their D will get tested deep a lot. They'll have Newman back a lot healthier in 2 weeks though. its gonna be a fun game with lots of weapons on both sides of the field but i dont know if Cowboys D can handle all the speed we have offensivly and im not sure they'll run on us. If Cowboys can prevent big plays..they might be in the game

side note..are PUP players eligible week 6? Doubt we'll see Seymour since he'll need some practice time to get back into it but our defense will be a lot better with him even thoguh Green has done a very good job. Harrison will be back then too but way Sanders is playing..im not sure Harrison will just come in and get his job back unless Sanders screws up a lot tonight against great offense which would be similar to Cowboys with their weapons. Chad Jackson will be back sometime between week 6 and week 8..hopefully he gets a role..hes been studying playbook hard i hear and hes been running/etc since training camp

..btw. im not sure why im talking about Patriots in a Romo thread.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Pats will lose 38-29. You heard it here 3rd.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna have the same talk a year from now after he gets his big fat contract
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Have it with Larry Johnson first(still gonna rush for 1300 plus). At least Romo has players around him and a solid line.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Romo still looks like a moron. He's just proven h's not wha he looks like.
One of those guys who doesnt look like he has any athletic ability at all but, is good at damn near everything he does. I think we all know someone like that. When i was in high school our QB was this 5'7 140 pound kid...he looked like the biggest nerd but, he was a great Qb and averaged 20 points per game on the basketball team...it was crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Romo is healthy the Cowboys will be undefeated.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Leonard should've played LB for the Rams. He would've made that tackle on Romo(must admit, it was a sick run though...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
One of those guys who doesnt look like he has any athletic ability at all but, is good at damn near everything he does. I think we all know someone like that. When i was in high school our QB was this 5'7 140 pound kid...he looked like the biggest nerd but, he was a great Qb and averaged 20 points per game on the basketball team...it was crazy.
just wanna add tony romo was a well-known high school shooting guard coming out of wisconsin back in the day
619 is offline   Reply With Quote