Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.
Default Pray for my friend

Sunday Morning(3 am) my friend Jamal Malone was put in intensive care in a coma after having 2 surgeries on his head to reduce swelling(and as of now, has the back of his skull removed and on ice or something like ice, to keep it from swelling). The story of how it happened is blurred, but from what i know it went like this. There were 4 samoans(who quit our team) and 4 guys on our team, well one of the samoans what beating up Jamals good friend(named Pada) and so when he was running over to help, the samoan turned around and landed a big one, jamals head hit the ground hard and bounced high off the ground. They have 3 guys in custody and we dont know if there was ever a 4th guy, but right now hes in a coma, i dont know if he'll ever be the same

please just keep this thread positive, and just pray for him
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll keep him in my thoughts...!

Keep us updated!!

Last edited by Notredameleo : 09-24-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Notredameleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Hope everything goes alright.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Praying implies religion. I am offended.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll tell you right now, his chances are slim.

My sister at an aneurysm rupture, had to have brain surgury, then went through the whole swelling, erratic brain pressures, removed parts of skull ordeal. She died 2 weeks after surgury and was only 20.

So yeah, similar, yet different situations. If he his heart/lungs/liver are ok then his chance greatly improve. But normally with serious head trauma like that, those organs get heavily damaged. That is what did my sister in.

Good luck bro.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Praying implies religion. I am offended.
you're going to hell, god watches everything.

sorry to hear abt your friend, though.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post

My sister at an aneurysm rupture, had to have brain surgury, then went through the whole swelling, erratic brain pressures, removed parts of skull ordeal. She died 2 weeks after surgury and was only 20.

So yeah, similar, yet different situations. If he his heart/lungs/liver are ok then his chance greatly improve. But normally with serious head trauma like that, those organs get heavily damaged. That is what did my sister in.

Good luck bro.
i would fear that, i try to not be positive, although i want to, cause if something like that happens, i wont be as crushed. Theres a website for him, but since i suck at remembering, all i remember is that its.org/jamalmalone(or something like that) i told them to call me/email me if something happens, plus ill go back over there tomorrow, just cause its me.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good luck to his family and his friends, including yourself. i'll pray for him, and hope for the best. please keep us updated on him and what happens with the guys who hit him
Old 09-24-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Nerv

My friend got in a nasty motobike accident about 7-8 years ago and was in a coma for over a month. Not exactly the same incident but he did end up alright. Sadly it took him about 4 years to sort of get back to normal and attend regular schools again & he is a bit slower but all in all turned out not so bad. I hope your buddy ends up coming out of this alive and without too much damage.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
My friend got in a nasty motobike accident about 7-8 years ago and was in a coma for over a month. Not exactly the same incident but he did end up alright. Sadly it took him about 4 years to sort of get back to normal and attend regular schools again & he is a bit slower but all in all turned out not so bad. I hope your buddy ends up coming out of this alive and without too much damage.
Same thing happened to my cousin, except he was driving a truck. He was in a coma for a long time, and had to relearn almost everything he learned.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same kinda thing happened to a friend of mine that graduated this year. He was fooling around on a motorcycle with no experience and no helmet. It happened around June, and he's able to walk around and talk now. However, he was planing to go to college and play football, but all that's out the window now.

I'll be praying for your friend, man.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the technology today your friend can survive this.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will pray for him for sure may GOD bless him.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Done. Also I put in a prayer request at my parrish for him.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sending out my prayers for him. Make sure you keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post

Good luck bro.
Not necessarily. Just look at Kevin Everett for example. Everyone considered him dead and now he is days/weeks away from possibly walking....My mom went to the hospital for some surgery and her roomate in the recovery room had a brain aneursym and survived without a scratch. The only problem is every 6 months she has to have some surgery to make sure no blood clots form. If the family can afford it try and see if they can transfer him to the Houston Medical Center. Its the largest medical center in the world and anything the hospitals wants they get from the state. There isnt a piece of equipment they dont have. Good luck, I hope he turns out okay.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thoughts and best wishes

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahh that sucks, he's in my prayers

not to take away from ur friend, but my HS team's starting ILB's brother got killed Saturday Night, so our tight knit team is also oging through some tragedy

but I hope your friend gets well, I really do

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

scat, sorry to hear about your friend but keep a close eye on him these next few days. usually with head trauma if they make through the first 3 to 4 days fine then it vastly improves their chances of surviving.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Theres no new news about him, however his mom did give specifics about what will be going on today and what has happened This is from today
the website iswww.caringbridge.org/visit/jamalmalone

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2007 10:29 AM, CDT
I wanted to give everyone as I know them. Some of it will be technical and I will not be able to explain exactly what it means, but you'll know what I know

Back to the beginning a bit. Jamal has had a tramatic brain injury and the hspital has a specific therapy program that they will be providing.

Most of you know, Jamal had two surgeries Sunday. The first was when he was admitted and the second was a Craneiotomy. THis procedure removes part of the skull to release pressure from swelling in the brain. The keep the bone frozen and in state as he goes through the treatment process.

As of 9/25, they will continue to keep him sedated and paralyzed for "vent control"(?? not sure of that one) on morphine and ativan at continuous rates.He has an intercranial drain in ventricals. These are drained for pressure 2-3x/hr. THere is a "Licox" brain oxygen monitor. Once I learn all the settings and values, I iwll be able to explain what is good and what causes the doctors to worry. Yesterday he had a CAT scan on his brain and there was still major swelling. (swelling outside of his typical skull cavity). They are continually checking for cerebral hemorages (bleeding of the brain).

For his Cardio, he is on an on/off drip of neosyphrine to keep his blood pressure and mear artirial pressure in the 90's (another def. I don't know yet) to perfuse the brain.

for his puliminary, he is on a ventilator and they control and monitor his CO2. They do this because the CO2 dialates the cerebral arteries causing more pressure (ICP) ??but also brings more oxygen to the brain.

For his Gastrontestinal fucntions, there will be Xrays of his abdomen to determine the feeding tube locations. His feeding tube, which currently is through the mouth has a product like Ensure at 20cc/hr. They check his blood suger every 6hrs and they want to keep it low (lowers the risk of infection). Later this week, he will have a tracheotomy for breathing in his throat and a Gasto and Jejeurosity tubes placed through his stomach for feeding. These two methods are more preferred but he must be able to lie flat. And right now since they are still watching swelling and brain hemorraging, he is in a bed that rotates and is slight reclined for draining.

Later there willl be additional Xrays.

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 09-25-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make sure you tell us when he gets better.

I'm still praying for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my thoughts and best wishes for your friend jamal
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not religious, so no prayers from me, but I hope your friend will be okay.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he recovers.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the best to your friend and a speedy recovery.

That said, there's no reason to ask help from an invisible man.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote