Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default It's Not All on Rex...

Ok most around here know that I'm a Rex Grossman fan. I've been blasted for it and I've been ridiculed for sticking up for him. And by no means am I forgiving him for his poor play so far in his first 3 games. He played horribly yesterday, he played mediocre against KC, and he was mediocre against SD.

But at the same time Berrian has been constantly dropping balls, Moose is dropping passes, Davis has dropped balls, RB's are missing their pass blocking assignments, and his OL can't pick up a blitz to save their lives.

I realize Rex needs to do better with the ball but some blame needs to be taken off of him and put on other people's shoulders as well because the entire offense has been atrocious so far IMO. Especially the run game (which is not all on Cedric, again lack of run blocking has killed us).

If Rex doesn't pick it up against Detroit, then I'm all for a change but at the same time I want to see other guys pick their game up as well. Because Berrian dropped a sure TD last night, Moose dropped a pass over the middle, and actually Berrian dropped one on the first series.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with your comments about the o-line and your receivers dropping passes, however, Grossman still is not the answer for the Bears as far as a QB is concerned.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's a little sad to say, diabsoule...

He's ATM suffering from archie manning syndrome (only with a much better defense)... i'd say, he plays better than everyone gives him credit. if anything, the receivers are probably getting whipped this week more than rex will. berrian ran some really bad routes last week, and two weeks ago. and has dropped alot. moose isn't getting open. i say. mix up the receivers. and for god sakes, put bradley in there, let moose recover a bit...

last night showed me (after i watched the game on tivo), that he still can make the throws. he's throwing it away more, he's gonna have times that he misjudges situations (i.e. the 3-wide), but when there are opportunites, he can make any throw to any spot. the WR's just aren't putting the ball away. serious.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may not be the only problem, but he is the biggest problem. He has been given ample oppurtunities to fix his mental mistakes(i.e throwing into triple coverage with no prayer of completion), which hurt the team more than anything any of the other players have done. He either refuses to put the work in or is incapable of improving his game. This team has bent over backward to accommodate his "learning curve" and he has failed time and time again when people have counted on him. It hurts the team to have one player recieve so much special treatment when that player continues to regress and does nothing to show he deserves to start.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enough about Rex. I had an incling you would still support him. Enough. It's not just last week, it's every week. He sucks. He's a ******* moron. He doesn't know how to run an offense. I'm even starting to doubt Lovie's competence as a Head Coach.

If our defensive injuries keep mounting up we'll be lucky to win 8 games. Our offense is ******* terrible right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears need the run game to pick up first and foremost, Benson is not getting it done. Then, they need to get some more quick hitting stuff to get Rex in a rhythm. Then once he gets in to it start going deep.

His interception are incredibly stupid however. As much as they want to ride their defense, they need to put up points some how. I don't see much explosion in their offense, Berrian is going to see more over the top coverage if he is the only one able to go deep.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's ATM suffering from archie manning syndrome
At first I thought you meant that Rex was suffering from ass-to-mouth syndrome. Ew.

Team forums, maybe?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I think one of the reasons Grossman gets bashed so much is that when he starts playing bad it never gets better. If he throws a pick or fumbles on the 1st or 2nd drive 90 percent of the time it's worse the rest of the game. Last night with the Cowboys 20 Bears 10, 12 minutes left in the game he threw that Anthony Henry pick 6 right into quadruple friggin' coverage on a sideline post route. Completely effin inexcusable. There was absolutely no chance of completing a pass to whomever he threw it to, I can't remember, hell I never even knew, because the guy was surrounded by Cowboys uniforms.

What was he thinking? The receiver is playing peek-a-boo and he's gonna jump out from the crowd and catch the ball?

You know occasionally we'll see even the best QB's throw into double, triple coverage on a deep go route or something trying to get a big chunk of yardage. I'm talking 40, 50 yards or more, and they figure it's worth the risk and if the throw is decent the receiver could at least knock the ball down out of danger. That type of play is borderline inexcusable for even an above average QB. But what he did on that play last night, Marino, Montana, Favre, Elway, Unitas, Manning, Brady, every other great quarterback combined wouldn't have the guts to even think about attempting that crap. That might have been the worst decision with the football I've ever seen. They were only down 10 points at the time, with a top notch defense and Devin Hester, either of which can score a TD at any moment, this jag throws that ball and blows the game. At that point, the game became a blowout.

With that being said, the rest of the Bears offense sucks right now too.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can anyone defend him? The same guy who said he didn't give his best effort for a game because he was preoccupied with New Year's Eve parties. The same Grossman that has a 1:3 TD/INT ratio in the last seven games. The same Grossman who lashed out at the media for being "ignorant" and couldn't live up to his words. The exact same Grossman who needs an absolutely perfect pocket to even make basic throws because he lacks height and mobility.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears actually look a lot like the Saints do right now (offensively). In the sense, that both offensive lines have been lackluster, QBs have been definitely off, and neither running game looks anything similar to last year. The only difference is that the Bears have a stellar defense that keeps them in games while the Saints don't.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
How can anyone defend him?
He's sexy. And a dragon to a lesser degree.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate him. I can't believe you are still defending him sweetness. My god....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Hey now. At least you guys have a stellar defense.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would still torch the Panthers defense right now haha

that hurts me to say that...
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Hey now. At least you guys have a stellar defense.
Not with the way injuries have been racking up. Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, and Nathan Vasher all got hurt that game. I really afraid Tommie might be out for the year.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Damn, the Bears had THAT many injuries last night? Jesus.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Damn, the Bears had THAT many injuries last night? Jesus.
This pretty much sums up the way I feel about the season so far.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

At least you guys have won a game. :(

Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Plus you have Adam Archu "leta **** load of yardage" also. Didn't he get benched for or Kevin Payne whatever that guy's name is last night?

Once again they proved as a defense they can't at least contain a number one receiver (especially big receivers) consistently and they can't handle a smash mouth running game. As a finesse defense they match up well with finesse teams. I've been saying it for a while they have big trouble with tough running and good big receivers or any size great receiver. They stick to their basic beliefs waaay too much as a defense. It seems like they never set up a defensive game plan and just try to play and coach as best as they can. I mean they got talent on defense don't get me wrong, but against elite offenses and players you can't just "try to play your best" all the time. It works occasionally but I don't believe in it all. So of course when it doesn't work and the offense is terrible the team will just get steam rolled.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehh, I dont think it was quite like that. Romo bought time, time = coverage breakdowns = TO completions. And we handled the running game very well till the end where he broke that 54 yard run (minus Harris, Briggs, Vasher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

My man crush on MB3 and Jason Witten might be influencing my beliefs in this case, though, lol.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been saying it since the Super Bowl: Lovie Smith should have pulled Grossman in Miami, released him in the offseason, and never looked back.

Grossman can no longer be blamed for any of his gaffes....he is what we thought he was. ;)

From here on out, every one of Grossman's screw-ups falls squarely on the shoulders of Lovie Smith. He's apparently the only guy in the league who can't see that Grossman is an absolute trainwreck.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
This pretty much sums up the way I feel about the season so far.

That's a thizz face if I've ever seen one.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a Grossman defender, since he was young, and young, inconsistent QBs tend to get better. Plus, good Rex was a VERY good QB. Good news is he stopped being inconsistent. Bad news is he's always Bad Rex. He might be able to succeed later, but not in Chicago, he's under too much pressure I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't place all the blame on Rexy, though he isn't playing well now. I place a hefty amount of blame on Ron Turner, the offensive coordinator. He's getting way too giddy with his quick little receivers and big gains in the passing game to the detriment of his young quarterback.

Seriously, Bill Cowher gave you the bloody blueprint with Roflisberger in 2005. Run the ball with Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson, play action pass, maybe a few bootlegs so Grossman has easy completions in front of him, and emphasize the tight ends more. Why is Grossman not getting more chances to throw to his most sure-handed and comfortable receiving option, Desmond Clark?

It's statistically proven how much remarkably better Rexy plays when Clark is involved in the offense. And Greg Olsen is a promising prospect drafted in the 1st round. How damn thick do you have to be to not get that? Crying out loud.

Last edited by Geo : 09-24-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote