Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-24-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Rex is terrible and not the answer for Chicago. That said, the entire team has played poorly in my opinion. The offence has been a trainwreck. There is no run game, the offensive line is nowhere near where it needs to be, and the receivers haven't been getting it done. The defence has even taken a step backwards and it's clear that they're not going to be able to continually bail out the offence anymore.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
He might be able to succeed later, but not in Chicago, he's under too much pressure I think.
Absolutely agree.

I really wanted Grossman to succeed, and I still think he's got the tools to be a very effective QB. But it's not going to happen while he's in Chicago. That bridge has long since burned.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Absolutely agree.

I really wanted Grossman to succeed, and I still think he's got the tools to be a very effective QB. But it's not going to happen while he's in Chicago. That bridge has long since burned.
What tools have we seen from him? He's Joey Harrington 2.0. Not only does he not win games for you, but he'll do everything in his power to lose them. Not a game manager and doesn't have the talent to be a top-tier QB. That's a recipe for disaster.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't place all the blame on Rexy, though he isn't playing well now. I place a hefty amount of blame on Ron Turner, the offensive coordinator. He's getting way too giddy with his quick little receivers and big gains in the passing game to the detriment of his young quarterback.

Seriously, Bill Cowher gave you the bloody blueprint with Roflisberger in 2005. Run the ball with Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson, play action pass, maybe a few bootlegs so Grossman has easy completions in front of him, and emphasize the tight ends more. Why is Grossman not getting more chances to throw to his most sure-handed and comfortable receiving option, Desmond Clark?

It's statistically proven how much Rexy plays when Clark is involved in the offense. And Greg Olsen is a promising prospect drafted in the 1st round. How damn thick do you have to be to not get that? Crying out loud.

The problem with the play action part, is Benson has shown absolutely nothing to show he can be a starting RB in this league (from what I've seen at least.)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The problem with the play action part, is Benson has shown absolutely nothing to show he can be a starting RB in this league (from what I've seen at least.)
He's not very well on blitz pick-ups from what I've seen as well.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
He's not very well on blitz pick-ups from what I've seen as well.

I think you forgot a verb in there somehwere.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering... Since the packers are trying to reduce Favre's mistakes and hide the youth on the Oline with quick passing, could the bears do the same. Can Rexy make the quick passes and do they have the recievers? I know Berrian pretty fast

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you forgot a verb in there somehwere.
I definitely did. But, I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
The defence has even taken a step backwards and it's clear that they're not going to be able to continually bail out the offence anymore.
No it hasn't. It's just that the offense is so terrible that it's giving them even better field position and taken up even less time on the clock. The Bears D falls apart in the 4th quarter because they are so tired of carrying the game. At least last year we could run the ball.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A big part of Cedric's problem is Ron Turner's play calling. They never give him a chance to get into a rhythm. He started out strong, but Turner pulled him too soon. He needs to keep getting the rock, that's the kind of running back he is, that's why Ron Turner had to have him. But whenever he gets anything resembling a groove, he's pulled.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a little harsh. 2 of Benson's first 3 games were rough, but he played very well last year, even in games where Jones barely saw the field. I've seen a lot of both players, and I always prefered Jones, but the margin is pretty slim. Jones has better vision and intangibles, Benson is faster and more punishing. That's about it.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn sweetness, I admire your team optimism and you definitely have valid points about other players besides Rex underperforming, but seriously how can you still support Rex? No offense but it takes a pretty big homer to not see Rex for what he is at this point, and that's a backup at best. This is almost on par with that dude (darko?) who claimed last year that Bruce Gradkowski was a better version of Vince Young. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No it hasn't. It's just that the offense is so terrible that it's giving them even better field position and taken up even less time on the clock. The Bears D falls apart in the 4th quarter because they are so tired of carrying the game. At least last year we could run the ball.
You actually believe the defence is playing like it did last year?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gradkowki a better version of Vince Young. Thats the funniest thing I've read all week.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
A big part of Cedric's problem is Ron Turner's play calling. They never give him a chance to get into a rhythm. He started out strong, but Turner pulled him too soon. He needs to keep getting the rock, that's the kind of running back he is, that's why Ron Turner had to have him. But whenever he gets anything resembling a groove, he's pulled.
I don't understand it either. Benson's a bruiser, he should get somewhere around 20-25 carries a game. The Bears are paying him millions for what?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

McNabb will be a bear by next year. Grossman is so gone at the end of the year barring some sort of miraculous turnaround. Meaning Grossman goes to the land of OZ and gets a brain.

They really have to scale back the offense and simplify things for Grossman.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt
haha, every time I say that to my friends, they just laugh at me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex must be doing something right, because Griese and Orton havent been put in, OR!
Lovie is making a bad decision and keeping Grossman in.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Rex must be doing something right, because Griese and Orton havent been put in, OR!
Lovie is making a bad decision and keeping Grossman in.
Lovie said today that he is going to announce any changes to the starting lineup on Wednesday. He said he has already made the decision for the QB position. I think if he was going to stick with Grossman he would have said "Rex Grossman is our QB".
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
You actually believe the defence is playing like it did last year?
I believe that if you actually watched the game in context, and compared last season to this season, that this defense is better. It's just even more hindered by the fact that our offense is even worse at not turning the ball over and eating up clock than it was last year.

Most points have come off of turnovers or late in the game when the defense was completely worn down (or injured).

Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the worst decisions last night was getting sacked and giving the cowboys a chance at a hail mary to end the half (the ref screwed us out of 3 sec; there should have been one last play)
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
one of the worst decisions last night was getting sacked and giving the cowboys a chance at a hail mary to end the half (the ref screwed us out of 3 sec; there should have been one last play)
stop whining, you guys won.

And yes Moses, the defense is better than last year *i agree w/ 51*. They are playing faster, better football, and it isnt until they start getting tired b/c Wrecks cant keep them off the field that they start giving up points. Most notibly this past game, but remember that Briggs, Vasher, and eventually Harris was out. But it doesnt help when your offense is as bad as ours is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not whining i was just stating that was one of grossmans worst decisions; you do everything you can to run out the clock; and it wasnt like he got hit on the play, he got tripped up
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
im not whining i was just stating that was one of grossmans worst decisions; you do everything you can to run out the clock; and it wasnt like he got hit on the play, he got tripped up
How is getting tripped a decision?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I ******* hate him. I can't believe you are still defending him sweetness. My god....
Defending him? Um no. I said he's blown ass so far this year and deserves the blame, but his teammates have been no better. I agree he's the biggest problem, but other guys aren't pulling their weight either.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote