Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then why does this deserve it's own thread? He's probably going to get benched either this week or the next anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Wrecks Grossman dosen't pick it up agianst that Detroit's defense he damn well better be benched, oh wait, the Bears alternative QB sucks too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
If Wrecks Grossman dosen't pick it up agianst that Detroit's defense he damn well better be benched, oh wait, the Bears alternative QB sucks too.
If he is playing against the Detriot defense I will be livid. I mean, if he fails, I wont be, but if he has large sucsess it will be an excuse to leave him in for a few weeks longer based on the "Well Rex can play, look at detriot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
If he is playing against the Detriot defense I will be livid. I mean, if he fails, I wont be, but if he has large sucsess it will be an excuse to leave him in for a few weeks longer based on the "Well Rex can play, look at detriot"
if he can't get a good game in agaist OUR defense he deserves to be 16th string quarterback in the Arena League it's just that simple.

Those defensive injuries suck though, not so bad for the Lions, but losing Harris, Briggs and Vasher

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griese is starting this Sunday. Mark it down.

As for the Bears, it seems likely that Harris and Vasher will miss the next 2-3 weeks. It sounds as if Briggs will be ok to go. None of them appear to be season ending.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like the Bears and want to see them do well, if they actually start Griese by choice then they deserve what will happen.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
As much as I like the Bears and want to see them do well, if they actually start Griese by choice then they deserve what will happen.
Jake Long and Sam Keller here we come.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Somehow I find it hard to believe that Griese will throw 6 interceptions to every 1 touchdown.

I realize Griese comes with his faults, but to me he's a Jon Kitna type. Not very good...but good solid enough to win with good people around him.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tribune expects Brian Griese to start against the Lions, though it seems they have no evidence whatsoever to support their claim (it's not like such inconsequential and trivial matters have stopped or will stop the media).
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u could put the leagues best receivers on the bears and i still think he wouldnt do much better
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Tribune expects Brian Griese to start against the Lions, though it seems they have no evidence whatsoever to support their claim (it's not like such inconsequential and trivial matters have stopped or will stop the media).
Well I think Lovie not giving the same old "Rex Grossman is our quarterback" spiel is pretty telling. He said he made his decision on Monday and would announce on Wednesday. Why wait if you are just going to reiterate that Grossman is the starter? It doesn't seem like that big of a leap in reasoning even if the evidence isn't definitive.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

NFLN's Adam Schefter is reporting Griese will start against the Lions.

Looks like the Bears have indeed made the change.

(I wonder where Rexy will play next year?)

Last edited by Geo : 09-25-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Somehow I find it hard to believe that Griese will throw 6 interceptions to every 1 touchdown.

I realize Griese comes with his faults, but to me he's a Jon Kitna type. Not very good...but good solid enough to win with good people around him.
I think Kitna (and, in your opinion, Griese) is better discribed as 'not great, but good enough'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I wouldn't even go so far as to say good enough, I'll settle with ok at this point. That's what I would consider Kitna or Griese. Ok. I wouldn't put any higher than 20th amongst starting QB's in the NFL though, that's for sure.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope we don't win too many games to hop out of the Jake Long sweepstakes, allthough Sam Baker wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I wouldn't even go so far as to say good enough, I'll settle with ok at this point. That's what I would consider Kitna or Griese. Ok. I wouldn't put any higher than 20th amongst starting QB's in the NFL though, that's for sure.
wowowowowow kitna is a lot better than you give him credit for, did you see how atrocious the Lions were in Week 2 after he went down?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
wowowowowow kitna is a lot better than you give him credit for, did you see how atrocious the Lions were in Week 2 after he went down?
Kitna has been in the league for years, he's always been average.

The difference is that your backup is J.T O'Sullivan, a guy who couldn't even beat out Chris Leak for the 4th QB on our depth chart (Chris Leak is currently bagging groceries at the local Walgreens by the way).

Martz's offense, with those weapons, and throwing the ball 40 times a game is going to produce a lot of stats and points, but Kitna is still average, and still turns the ball over like it's his job.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
as long as you can protect him. if he starts getting beat up, he becomes far more ineffective than the average nfl qb.
I'll settle for ineffective over a QB who plays like he put money on the opposing team. Jesus everytime they replay that clip of him floating the ball into three defenders I want to ram my head into a wall. Its almost identical to the one in the Superbowl that clinched the game for the Colts.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not disagreeing he'd be better, but i mean ineffective like he sees the defensive line running towards him and he freezes like a deer in headlights.
So be it as long as he holds onto the ball. Although I wonder how many games until the majority of idiotic Bear fans start chanting for Orton. The QB carousel continues...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I just hope we don't win too many games to hop out of the Jake Long sweepstakes, allthough Sam Baker wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Hush. You guys haven't looked THAT bad... us on the other hand is a different story.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres the breakdown:

Our receivers have went from decent-good last year to 2004 or 05 versions this year. Just plain terrible. O-line looks slow and weak. Pass protection is pathetic. Benson cant block to save his life. Ron Turner is at least half-devil. Devin Hester is a God who plays Satan on certain Sundays.

Oh and our D is getting exhausted.

All that plus a QB who has a hard time reading defenses, cant get a rythm with his receivers, cant scramble at all, and doesnt know how to throw away from defenders.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 09-25-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/...downfield.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote