Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
It's common sense. if you don't have 3 people it's just two guys jerking each other off. No real circle about it
Yeah, when it's just 2 people, that's pretty ***. But you get 3 or more strokers in the same room, and you've got yourself a party. A circle jerk party. And that's what life is all about, right fellas?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Well, who can't? Who do you think killed the Dinosaurs?
you don't always have to post the first things that come to your head.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah, when it's just 2 people, that's pretty ***. But you get 3 or more strokers in the same room, and you've got yourself a party. A circle jerk party. And that's what life is all about, right fellas?
And when yo're done you can play soggy cookie
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
you don't always have to post the first things that come to your head.
That was the second thing....the first would have got this thread locked.

Quote:
The good ole days.......
Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
get on irc.
i would if i could
Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
just connect. they can't be blocking all the ports.
me and snuff tried tons of proxys, with crazy ass ports, like 197.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So in response to njx's deal with worthless degrees. Here's my take. If you're going to college, these days, the point is to make more money in life. Not everyone, but most people. So with that in mind, I present this. It's a study in 2004, but I'm sure the results haven't shifted much in a direction that would fail to make my point. Yes, you can get a job with basically any degree, because a degree is an automatic foot in the door. But in some cases that job will be teaching English to 6th graders for 30 grand a year (in Texas).
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Well nobody really answered your question, so I'll go. My whole life I was force fed that without a college degree that I would have to earn less. Of course, people also preached hard work in high school to get into a better university. I did fairly well in High School with as much minimal work as possible. I self taught frequently via reading and television and never did homework. I would show up, drone out and ace tests to earn my grades. I graduated high school with absolutely no intention of going to college. Instead I decided to hit the work force immediatley. I spent countless hours my first 2 years working meaningless jobs and living paycheck to paycheck. I then decided that I was going to place myself in a field that had good earning potential and that would allow me to progress quickly. I ended up getting hired at Alltel Wireless as a sales representative. I quickly observed the other employees just go through motions and spend too much time doing nothing. I on the other hand took easy steps such as flyering to businesses with "specials" via email, and just talking to people outside of the job casually about who I was and what I did. Within 2 months I was promoted to Manager. I was already making 60,000 salary 2 years out of high school with no degree. I continued to work smarter and not harder and was again promoted to Area manager earning 100,000 a year. I was then able to invest my money into creating a car detailing business that came out to your home. With the people in my area being so lazy as to not mowing their own lawn, my venture exploded earning me an extra 70,000 a year after covering all overhead. I kept my Alltel job, I did a minimal amount of work yet again, but worked smart by teaching my area what I once had done and was promoted to area president. I now make 250,000 thousand because my stores do amazingly by working less and earning more.I was able to cut out 80,000 worth of mass advertising and was able to completely guerilla market for less than half the cost. I still have my detailing business which i was able to expand and that now makes me about 150,000 a year. Do the math that's 400,000 a year, no college education and I'm freshly 22 years old. Life is all about how bad you want it, and what avenues you take to get there. I decided to work less, but cover more ground and it payed off in only 4 years of leaving high school.
That's a great story. My point is that getting a college degree is not going to stop you from doing amazing things like you did. The difference is that they would start in the middle instead of the bottom. Also, in many businesses, it would be a requirement to even get into a low level job or to be promoted higher. Obviously you picked a career where that is not necessary, but there are many that require degrees.

Sounds like you're doing amazingly well for a 22 year old. I hope you have continued success and keep building wealth and happiness. Out of curiosity, what area do you manage for Alltel?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
sure, but keep in mind, a lot of kids get to school and pick up, say, english, with the sole intention of teaching. there's nothing wrong with that. but for someone to assume that the liberal arts degree is worthless just because you can "only" become a teacher is silly and completely untrue, whether or not the majority of those people do choose to become teachers.

so while the averages may be skewed towards the engineering jobs, i don't buy that that's a statement of value on those degrees over other degrees, as much as it is a statement on what's important to most of the graduates with those degrees.
I would have to disagree with that. I have rarely heard of liberal arts majors making more money than biz/engineering majors out of school, and it's not for lack of trying.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
i would if i could
IM me, i know how to. you just need to quit being a wuss about it.
snuff knows nothing

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't fart in the elevator.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's a great story. My point is that getting a college degree is not going to stop you from doing amazing things like you did. The difference is that they would start in the middle instead of the bottom. Also, in many businesses, it would be a requirement to even get into a low level job or to be promoted higher. Obviously you picked a career where that is not necessary, but there are many that require degrees.

Sounds like you're doing amazingly well for a 22 year old. I hope you have continued success and keep building wealth and happiness. Out of curiosity, what area do you manage for Alltel?
I overlook the South West for an Alltel premier dealer,which is as close to Alltel corporate as possible. It includes Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and West Texas and for some reason I'll also be getting Oregon. We piggy back off of a lot of corporate advertising, but I found that cutting out our own print and radio advertisement allowed for us to do a lot more guerilla marketing, which has been much more successful. You're right in saying that a college degree works for most, but you asked for a success story from somebody who was opposed to higher learning, and I gave you mine, which trust me I know is a one in a million chance, but if you can stay persistent and work smarter it's attainable.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, very nice. Yeah I don't give a damn what you say about anybody, to be clear. Just always found it funny when people do that. I do it myself with regularity.
yes. big pet peeve of mine.

i also enjoy it when people say; "not to be racist but...i just don't like minorities."

OR, when people think they can justify anything they do by saying, "I'm the kind of person that...."

really, "I'm the kind of person that just likes to run over puppies."

Well, that makes you an asshole.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yes. big pet peeve of mine.

i also enjoy it when people say; "not to be racist but...i just don't like minorities."

OR, when people think they can justify anything they do by saying, "I'm the kind of person that...."

really, "I'm the kind of person that just likes to run over puppies."

Well, that makes you an asshole.
"You're an idiot, no offence..."

I was going to be offended, but since you said "no offence", it's OK now.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
I overlook the South West for an Alltel premier dealer,which is as close to Alltel corporate as possible. It includes Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and West Texas and for some reason I'll also be getting Oregon. We piggy back off of a lot of corporate advertising, but I found that cutting out our own print and radio advertisement allowed for us to do a lot more guerilla marketing, which has been much more successful. You're right in saying that a college degree works for most, but you asked for a success story from somebody who was opposed to higher learning, and I gave you mine, which trust me I know is a one in a million chance, but if you can stay persistent and work smarter it's attainable.
I'm surprised that Alltel would give so much responsibility to a young person like yourself. You must have really blown their socks off to get promoted that quickly. Also, when you moved up the ranks, what happened to the people who previously held those positions?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
IM me, i know how to. you just need to quit being a wuss about it.
snuff knows nothing
you better not let me down, ill im you tonight
Old 09-27-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I'm surprised that Alltel would give so much responsibility to a young person like yourself. You must have really blown their socks off to get promoted that quickly. Also, when you moved up the ranks, what happened to the people who previously held those positions?
Well like I said, I work for a premier dealer of alltel. We're only a few years old and the position I currently hold was abrand new position, so I'm the first to hold it. They say it's area president but it's more like a director of sales for my area. I coordinate a lot of business deals and oversee the marketing and sales tactics. The person who I replaced as just Area manager, which was like AZ state manager was released for fraud. When I moved up to store manger it was a brand new store. I've only replaced one person and been given a lot of new opportunities because I'm able to manage assests very well and I'm very business driven.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About going away to college, how did everybody adapt to not being at home and missing thier parents and so on, was it a hard transition?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What jobs can you get right away, other than being a teacher can you get from an english major?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
What jobs can you get right away, other than being a teacher can you get from an english major?
You can be a publishing editor
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've learned that it was a mistake to take a political science course in San Francisco (I mean, I'm pretty damn liberal, but goddamn).

I've learned that Plato bugs the utter **** out of me.

Beyond that I don't think I've learned all that much.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I've learned about myself in college. Wow, where to even begin...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
About going away to college, how did everybody adapt to not being at home and missing thier parents and so on, was it a hard transition?
I'm a freshman right now, and I can honestly say that it hasn't been a problem at all. I'm the oldest of 3 kids and very close to my younger siblings, and pretty close to my parents as well. When they left at first it was kind of tough, but the adjustment isn't very difficult at all.

To answer the first question, I've learned that handling being much more independence than I was used to isn't that hard, home cooked meals are awesome, the setup of high school absolutely sucks, work is a lot easier to do than I thought it would be, I miss my car, and Philly is much cooler than my hometown.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm.... does anyone know how to break a pennylock?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wear an extra small condom.