Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Hypnosis

We had a hypnotist come to our school last night...and I was selected to be hypnotized along with about 20 other kids. The hypnosis didn't really work that well on me (I was pretty concious of everything I was doing, but I just kept wanting to go back to sleep), but some of my friends were totally out of it. There was one girl who was so completely hypnotized that they had to lock her up in a room to prevent her from hurting anybody.

The same hypnotist also did some crazy ESP stuff...he had one girl pick a single word out of a 250 page book and then he figured out the word and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else believe in this stuff? Because I'm totally convinced now that it's real.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My brother was telling me he was hypnotized at one point and he isn't a person to lie about thingfs like that. So ever since then, I've believed it's possible. I've always wanted to see what it is like.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
My brother was telling me he was hypnotized at one point and he isn't a person to lie about thingfs like that. So ever since then, I've believed it's possible. I've always wanted to see what it is like.
I was really disappointed that it didn't work that well on me...but after seeing my friends go completely crazy (including one pretending he was the King of England, talking with an English Accent and walking around with a crown cape and scepter) I have to believe that it's true. I just think that I wasn't concentrating hard enough to be completely hypnotized.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hypnosis is very real. i had a hypnotist come to campus when i was in college...the one of my friends is a huge tight ass...never shows any personality at all...and the crap that guy did while he was under made me a believer.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
I was really disappointed that it didn't work that well on me...but after seeing my friends go completely crazy (including one pretending he was the King of England, talking with an English Accent and walking around with a crown cape and scepter) I have to believe that it's true. I just think that I wasn't concentrating hard enough to be completely hypnotized.
That's what my brother told me. You have to go into it thinking it's possible. If you go in and say it isn't going to happen, then it won't.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypnosis is one of those things that I will not believe until it actually happens on me.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Bucky
Rookie

Bucky hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We had one come to my school once and the people who got it done were doing some crazy stuff that they normally didn't do. I didn't have the opportunity to have it done to me because i showed up late :(

But i vote real!

mad props to Tobzilla for the sig
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Hypnosis is one of those things that I will not believe until it actually happens on me.
Same here.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what my brother told me. You have to go into it thinking it's possible. If you go in and say it isn't going to happen, then it won't.
I just kept thinking about whether it was actually happening, and the guy kept saying "your eyelids are getting heavy, oh so very heavy" and they were, but not heavy enough for me to go into hypnotic sleep I guess.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J^3, who let you out ERU's cage?

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

My sister had a hypnotist come to her Senior Grad Night and like 12 people I think were hypnotized. I think it only works on you if you belive it works, because it is all in your head to begin with. It's both real and fake. Nothing is actually real while you're hypnotized, but if you belive it's real, then it seems real and the hypnosis works. My sister told me some really funny stories about what people were doing. The hypnotist told the "victims" that they were supposed to milk a cow, and a couple girls were shying away and saying things like "eww gross don't make me touch that". The people that did "milk the cow" were told to go faster and faster and one guy apparently laid down on his back "under" the "cow" and was just pumping his arms like his life depended on it.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beleive that it just takes alot of training, anyone can probably do it if they REALLy wanted to
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination
J^3, who let you out ERU's cage?
Your mother.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

ever heard of MKUltra?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use hypnosis to get girls in my pants
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Can't get 'em any other way? Ever tried date rape drugs?
Old 01-28-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Can't get 'em any other way? Ever tried date rape drugs?
All the time. My favorite is the roofie-colada.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats some crazy stuff.... i kinda want to be hypnotized to see how it feels

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Hypnotism is real, however it greatly depends on your personality.

Only around 10% of people can be "hypnotised." These are people with really in depth imaginations, and can pretty much live fantasies. There were actually a lot of experiments done with hypnotism, and it was proven to work as long as you have the ideal subjects.

However, hypnotism doesn't extend as far as people think. You cannot:

a) make people remember things they don't normally remember. Such as 3rd birthdays, etc.

b) make people do things they don't want to do. Even with ideal subjects, when you try to make them do something they don't want to do they will simply sit there.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
We had a hypnotist come to our school last night...and I was selected to be hypnotized along with about 20 other kids. The hypnosis didn't really work that well on me (I was pretty concious of everything I was doing, but I just kept wanting to go back to sleep), but some of my friends were totally out of it. There was one girl who was so completely hypnotized that they had to lock her up in a room to prevent her from hurting anybody.

The same hypnotist also did some crazy ESP stuff...he had one girl pick a single word out of a 250 page book and then he figured out the word and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else believe in this stuff? Because I'm totally convinced now that it's real.
I just wanted to reply to some of this, even if you did post it a while ago and may not read this.

In the US there was a huge challenge offered forth by a large group of psychologists, who offered over a million dollars to anyone who could display any paranormal/esp ability. This experiment was open to anyone who applied, and thousands did. Needless to say, no one has won that money. Pretty much every display you see, the person is in complete control of who is selected, what happens, where it happens, what is said, etc. When you take complete control away from these people, their abilities disappear.

Now, I'm not completed closed-minded to all these types of things, but as a psych student, I have to review facts/stats and remain somewhat skeptical. And so far, all the facts and stats are highly opposed to hypnotism to that level, along with esp and paranormal abilities.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Default Re: Hypnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:

I just wanted to reply to some of this, even if you did post it a while ago and may not read this.

In the US there was a huge challenge offered forth by a large group of psychologists, who offered over a million dollars to anyone who could display any paranormal/esp ability. This experiment was open to anyone who applied, and thousands did. Needless to say, no one has won that money. Pretty much every display you see, the person is in complete control of who is selected, what happens, where it happens, what is said, etc. When you take complete control away from these people, their abilities disappear.

Now, I'm not completed closed-minded to all these types of things, but as a psych student, I have to review facts/stats and remain somewhat skeptical. And so far, all the facts and stats are highly opposed to hypnotism to that level, along with esp and paranormal abilities.
I recently talked to a friend who is a magician about some of the tricks...and he said he knew how to do all of them except for one. The only explanation he could offer for this "trick" was that the hypnotist temporarily hypnotized the subject to say the correct card.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I recently talked to a friend who is a magician about some of the tricks...and he said he knew how to do all of them except for one. The only explanation he could offer for this "trick" was that the hypnotist temporarily hypnotized the subject to say the correct card.
See, you cannot transfer knowledge through hypnosis. There have been so many experiments with so many hypnotists.

I mean, logically, if he can hypnotise someone to know the right card, he is sending information to other peoples brains. Which means he can send you thoughts, no?

A simple experiment would be to randomly walk up to him and ask you to send you a number. Both work with the exact same principles, and if he can do one he obviously should be able to do the other. Of course the magician would say no, because "it doesn't work like that," or something along those lines. The real reason is that he doesn't have control over the situation, and cannot perform his illusion.

If you take away the control from any magician, hypnotist (one that claims to be able to do extreme things), or person with esp, they all somehow lose their abilities.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people are predisposed to be able to be hypnotized. When you are actually hypnotized it is just like being drunk, all that leaves are your inhibitions. Many studies have shown that some of the people aren't hypnotized, they just are able to use it as an excuse to act like a dumbass, much like when people drink.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Hypnosis

Quote:
Quote:

we've talked about that in psych alot. It satrted at a million a while ago and now its up to alot more. I'm not sold on any of it as its less ESP and such things more just taking advantage of loopholes in the brains coding to trick people

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne
My sister had a hypnotist come to her Senior Grad Night and like 12 people I think were hypnotized. I think it only works on you if you belive it works, because it is all in your head to begin with. It's both real and fake. Nothing is actually real while you're hypnotized, but if you belive it's real, then it seems real and the hypnosis works. My sister told me some really funny stories about what people were doing. The hypnotist told the "victims" that they were supposed to milk a cow, and a couple girls were shying away and saying things like "eww gross don't make me touch that". The people that did "milk the cow" were told to go faster and faster and one guy apparently laid down on his back "under" the "cow" and was just pumping his arms like his life depended on it
now that gave me my good laugh for the night

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote