Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Slap a franchise tag on his ass.
ahahahh, thats why players complain saying thats not what the Tag was ment for. I see that happing, Hall waves bye-bye, Aurther slap that Tag and says, how much can i get from you?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would have drafted Dunta Robinson. He can play and he isn't a narcissistic diva.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wish we would have drafted Dunta Robinson. He can play and he isn't a narcissistic diva.
And he's really turning into a great young cb, I love his game, physical, fast and can cover elite wr's

Anyway with Hall, yes he is worth a first, and YES I would fall in love if we gave up our first(clevelands pick) for him...im sure ATL would take it, we are drafting a CB more then likely in the first rd, and Hall is about the same age Newman was when we drafted him...

Well....at least it sounds good, too bad TO spit on Deangelo and those 2 on the same team would NEVER work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me, or is Robinson not used properly. He is like never on the best WR. And whoever is playing opposite Robinson (usually number 1 reciever) makes huge plays.

Man. I am so pissed about this Hall situation. I really dont want him to leave. He has been playing lights out this season too. COME ON. Stop being such a prissy ****** Hall.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Brooking, Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, etc. Those guys may feel like Hall does, but they aren't immature douche-bags and go to the media to vent.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

There's only one silver lining. Hall is a competitive little sh**, so I don't expect to see him tank out the next season and a half, which some players might do.

And there's only one thing which will keep Hall happy, and persuade him to stay: winning. If we get a quick turnaround next year, and put together 7 or 8 wins, he might end up staying.

But it's not looking likely, and McKay might have to grab something in a trade if it's going...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
There's only one silver lining. Hall is a competitive little sh**, so I don't expect to see him tank out the next season and a half, which some players might do.

And there's only one thing which will keep Hall happy, and persuade him to stay: winning. If we get a quick turnaround next year, and put together 7 or 8 wins, he might end up staying.

But it's not looking likely, and McKay might have to grab something in a trade if it's going...
yeah, at this point I would just trade Hall for a guy like Vilma to play the middle for us and then a 3rd...

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Vilma would be great.

If we do have to get rid of Hall, there should be some talented CB's at the top of the 2nd this year. This site has guys like Mike Jenkins, Zach Bowman, Terrell Thomas in that range. It would be a shame to lose Hall, but every player is replaceable.

Houston and Jenkins, for instance, could form a high end partnership in a year or two.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I don't want it to happen, it is going to suck to see D. Hall go. Lockdown corner when on his game and is only going to prove, hopefully he gets his act together, and if not a good trade would be nice.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Think on the bright side: if the team trades DeAngelo Hall for a 2nd round pick the team would have the ammo necessary to add a stud LT and QB that the team desperately needs. I think the offense would flourish if the team did something similar to what the Cleveland Browns did last year. Jake Long and Brian Brohm anybody?

Old 10-27-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The odds of a 2nd round pick, or a 1st even, of being better than DeAngelo Hall aren't very good. Then we just have a massive need at CB.

Oh, and Jonathan Vilma is out for season.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.
Hall is not top-3. He makes plays on the ball, but so do players like Asante Samuel and Rashean Mathis and they don't get picked on successfully as often as Hall does.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-28-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-28-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.
I really don't see it. Hall effectively has shutdown ever WR, except for Toomer/Plaxico.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You also have to consider the safeties that are playing behind him which we know are not the best in coverage.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

damn you lose money and yards all in one drive? that's harsh.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. The slim chances of him staying are pretty much gone. I dont think he wants any part of this organization anymore. I bet he likes the idea of going to a new team too. Just like his idol Sanders.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is kind of a cool thing, as much as I hate Hall.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or maybe he is just playing nice now, and then come time he dips
Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.
true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

Yeah, it'd be so awesome to keep Hall around. For the most part I really like our D, it's just our offense that needs alot of work.

People have been talking about him trying to steal the ball from Jimmy. It didn't look like that at all to me. It looked like he was trying to make sure Jimmy had it.