Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margarito TKO in 5
Old 07-25-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Margarito TKO in 5
Very BOLD.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Very BOLD.
I think Margarito knows this is his fight and he has the advantage. the ball is in his court.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell yes...I cant wait. My buddy's birthday is on the 30th so i bought this fight, in glorious HD for him. Guy has an unhealthy man crush on Cotto. haha.
he wouldnt be the only one lol. I love miguel cotto. I was one of the first to get on the bandwagon too. I remember it was when I was 1st getting into boxing, my 1st PPV he fought an 8 rounder and I said......he is my favorite fighter. It worked out haha.......it could have easily been Panchito Bojado or someone. So because I have been in from the beginning I almost feel like I have grown up with Cotto haha........its wierd.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Margarito TKO in 5
if the fight ends early margarito will be the victor imo. I could see one of his uppercuts putting cotto down, thats pretty much the only punch that had consistently hit cotto tho. His defense has been money lately.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure Cotto will see a knockdown or two but, I think he'll take it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think Margarito knows this is his fight and he has the advantage. the ball is in his court.
How? do u care to elaborate at all? His only advantage is his height and punch output and chin. And he fight inside so height means jack......only that more body is availible for cotto. So all margarito had on cotto is a chin and being able to punch more. While that is enough to make this a pick em fight.......it is way off to say this is fight and that he has the advantage. Even if he does stop cotto early.......it wont be because he is a better fighter than cotto. Cotto is better at most aspects of the sweet science.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I figure Cotto will see a knockdown or two but, I think he'll take it.
he easily could.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Going to be a good weekend...potential fight of the year Saturday and the Dark Knight on Sunday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Going to be a good weekend...potential fight of the year Saturday and the Dark Knight on Sunday.
nice. have u seen it yet?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How? do u care to elaborate at all? His only advantage is his height and punch output and chin. And he fight inside so height means jack......only that more body is availible for cotto. So all margarito had on cotto is a chin and being able to punch more. While that is enough to make this a pick em fight.......it is way off to say this is fight and that he has the advantage. Even if he does stop cotto early.......it wont be because he is a better fighter than cotto. Cotto is better at most aspects of the sweet science.
Margarito's gonna turn it into a slugfest, height advantage means cotto will need a little momentum on his punches for power, so Margarito can just inside and pound on him. I think he's got this.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Margarito's gonna turn it into a slugfest, height advantage means cotto will need a little momentum on his punches for power, so Margarito can just inside and pound on him. I think he's got this.
do u actually think cotto will be stupid enough to slug it out. He outboxed Sugar Shane for God's sake. I mean Margarito may be able to walk him down, but Cotto's jab could very well keep him away. And the height does nothing for margarito. Fighting a tall guy is only hard if they use their length.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
do u actually think cotto will be stupid enough to slug it out. He outboxed Sugar Shane for God's sake. I mean Margarito may be able to walk him down, but Cotto's jab could very well keep him away. And the height does nothing for margarito. Fighting a tall guy is only hard if they use their length.
You don't think Margarito's gonna use his length. Stun him with the jab and move in and get some slugs in.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You don't think Margarito's gonna use his length. Stun him with the jab and move in and get some slugs in.
how many margarito fights have u seen. I am just curious (I honestly dont mean this o insult u, its not anything like that) because margarito either doesnt throw the jab or looks poor doing it. Margaritos style is essentialy, put his head down, walk his opponent down (he isnt tremendous at cutting off the ring), maybe throw a lazy lead punch, then get inside and unleash hell. Could it beat Cotto, for sure. But I really think Cotto is going to back up, use his sledgehammer jab and at least keep margarito at bay for most of the rounds.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
nice. have u seen it yet?
Nope, not yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Nope, not yet.
u wont be disappointed. I have already been twice and am going to go once more in IMAX. I would even go a fourth time, but then I would be spending over 40 bucks on one movie and I dont have that kind of loot.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
how many margarito fights have u seen. I am just curious (I honestly dont mean this o insult u, its not anything like that) because margarito either doesnt throw the jab or looks poor doing it. Margaritos style is essentialy, put his head down, walk his opponent down (he isnt tremendous at cutting off the ring), maybe throw a lazy lead punch, then get inside and unleash hell. Could it beat Cotto, for sure. But I really think Cotto is going to back up, use his sledgehammer jab and at least keep margarito at bay for most of the rounds.
I've only seen two Margarito fights..When he throws the jab its not terrible. Against a fighter like Cotto he's going to need it and he should use it some FWIW. I still say he catches him with an uppercut.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

honestly.....I can only see Margarito winning by decision if Cotto fights stupidly. He could however knock Cotto out at any time. I dont think Cotto will stop Margarito unless he lands a perfect body punch because u literally cant move when a perfect liver shot lands, it had nothing to do with toughness really.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Alright so my official prediction is Cotto by points in a close decision, possibly split or majority.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cotto by UD, probably an 8-4 or 9-3 split of rounds I think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my friends had the genius idea of going to BWW yesterday instead of today. I completely forgot about the fight, and now i might need to shell out the 50 bones to watch it here at home.

Maybe this time i can win the pool ;)

Let's go Margarito!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Cotto needs to win by at least a good unanimous decision to keep my respect.
wow. No love for Margarito for you. Thats cool.....his resume is questionable for sure, but I think he is class. To each his own I suppose.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

And yes, I'm callin Cintron a scrub. He didnt start fighting until he was 19. He never beat anybody that had any type of skill. He got destroyed by Margarito twice (who I'm obviously not to high on). He only won a vacated title and it was against Mark Suarez (come on). He has absolutely ZERO heart and minimal skill. He is a definite scrub and anybody that knows anything about the Feliciano fight fight wont dispute it. I swear on my life that I'd pick Berto to beat him right now.

Last edited by SugarSean : 07-26-2008 at 08:45 PM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote