Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Packers-Aaron Kampman, finally a decent pass rush.
Bears- Devin Hester, I dont remember the last return man we had that scared anyone.
Lions- Roy Williams, underrated imo, I think hes a top 5 WR in the league, him and Rice would be a dominant 1-2 punch when Rice gets going.
Desmond Howard

Lions- Roy Williams: Imagine Donald Driver, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, and James Jones. Run and Shoot, here we come!!!
Bears- Devin Hester: Most electric returner in the game.
Vikings- AD: Huge upgrade over Wynn, Morency, and Jackson
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Desmond Howard

Lions- Roy Williams: Imagine Donald Driver, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, and James Jones. Run and Shoot, here we come!!!
Bears- Devin Hester: Most electric returner in the game.
Vikings- AD: Huge upgrade over Wynn, Morency, and Jackson

Howard returned TD's against us, not for us.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Howard, superbowl mvp for the pack in 96 I believe. He scared many teams, unfortunately for Bill Parcells Howard didnt scare him. Ron Wolf said that when he was watching the game he was saying to himself "just keep kicking it to him Bill". Howard eventually returned it for a TD and the pack won the SB against the Pats. I believe he was let go the next year, because Wolf wouldnt match Detroits offer.

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-09-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His best year was our super bowl year.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys do notice that yo's three players came from the Bears, Lions, and PACKERS, right? I think we can assume that his team is the Vikings, not the Packers, which is what you guys seem to be thinking. Desmond Howard never played for the Vikings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-11-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

ahh, my bad. I thought that any packer fan should have known Howard played for the pack before detroit.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
You guys do notice that yo's three players came from the Bears, Lions, and PACKERS, right? I think we can assume that his team is the Vikings, not the Packers, which is what you guys seem to be thinking. Desmond Howard never played for the Vikings.
Then why did he respond to me talking about desmond howard.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean by saying that Howard returned TD's AGAINST them, not FOR them? Seems to me by a preponderance of the evidence, it's pretty obvious he's not a Packers fan, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

From Detroit: I'd take Calvin Johnson.

From Minny: I'd take Adrian Peterson.

From Chicago: I'd take Nathan Vasher to play nickel.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Detroit, I would select:

From Green Bay, QB Brett Favre

From Chicago, DE Mark Anderson

From Minnesota, OG Steve Hutchinson

Not conventional picks, but good ones nonetheless.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because you quoted his post, genius.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that wouldn't take AD from the Vikings is crazy.

I'd take Calvin Johnson from Detroit because Roy Williams is an idiot.

Honestly I'm not sure about Green Bay. There is a lot of potential upgrades but no exceptionally standout players, just a very good team. I'd probably say Kampman, he'd play the run much better than Anderson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Honestly I'm not sure about Green Bay. There is a lot of potential upgrades but no exceptionally standout players, just a very good team. I'd probably say Kampman, he'd play the run much better than Anderson.
Not to mention he'd pass rush just as well or better while playing the run much better and playing every play.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Anyone that wouldn't take AD from the Vikings is crazy.

I'd take Calvin Johnson from Detroit because Roy Williams is an idiot.

Brett Favre?

2nd best QB in the league this year?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Brett Favre?

Yep, that's right. Second to the amazingness that is Rex Grossman... :)
Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brett Favre?

If I have the choice of anyone I'm not going to take someone on the brink of retirement.

And come on...I don't care what the stats say, Favre is not the 2nd best QB in the league.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
If I have the choice of anyone I'm not going to take someone on the brink of retirement.

And come on...I don't care what the stats say, Favre is not the 2nd best QB in the league.
I didn't know if you were thinking keeper or not. A-Rod perhaps? :D

Who is better than Favre this year? Tom Brady, that's it.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I didn't know if you were thinking keeper or not. A-Rod perhaps? :D

Despite the fact that Peyton Manning could sit in a wheelchair and still be the 2nd best QB in the NFL, I would probably take Romo as well.

I'll admit, I'm a Romosexual.

In terms of actual ability I'd take Carson Palmer and McNabb when healthy as well.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Despite the fact that Peyton Manning could sit in a wheelchair and still be the 2nd best QB in the NFL, I would probably take Romo as well.

I'll admit, I'm a Romosexual.

In terms of actual ability I'd take Carson Palmer and McNabb when healthy as well.
Manning hasn't shown nearly enough this season to be placed ahead of Favre. Sure, his team has been riddled with injuries but you can't say that he's outplayed Favre. What has he done to be considered better than Favre this season?

Romo...wow. I have watched both extensively and I just don't see it. Favre is more careful with the ball and puts up big numbers while cutting down on his mistakes. Romo is a loose cannon (Favre of old) and makes many mistakes every game.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's a 10 week season. Even if I was simply choosing someone to win a game tomorrow I'm going to take a lot more into account than what has most recently happened. Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Favre. This isn't even debateable.

Whether or not he's having a better year isn't the point.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's a 10 week season. Even if I was simply choosing someone to win a game tomorrow I'm going to take a lot more into account than what has most recently happened. Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Favre. This isn't even debateable.

Whether or not he's having a better year isn't the point.
Actually, it is the point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
This year. As in, the past 10 games. Favre has performed better than every quarterback in the league with the exception of Tom Brady.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You said: "Who is better than Favre this year?"

There's a big difference between who is better, and who is having a better year.

Trent Cole is having a better year than Julius Peppers. Does that make him better?

The point of this thread is to pick the best players for your team. Favre is having a tremendous year but his value isn't nearly close to that.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You said: "Who is better than Favre this year?"

There's a big difference between who is better, and who is having a better year.

Trent Cole is having a better year than Julius Peppers. Does that make him better?

The point of this thread is to pick the best players for your team. Favre is having a tremendous year but his value isn't nearly close to that.
No no, you're right. I mean, obviously since Manning is better than Favre this year he's having a worse year. That's just common sense. Wait, what?

Favre > Manning this year. Look at team wins. Look at rating. Look at TDs thrown. Look at yards. Look at completion %. Look at ints. Guess who wins every single relevant QB stat? Most by a wide margin... it's Favre.

OH, by the way.. Manning also has one of the best RBs this year on his team so people can't sit back and tee off on his passing game. Favre.. uh.. yeah, not so much.

So yeah. Favre >>> Manning this year. It's not even a debate, there is no arguement to what I just said.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year Favre is a top 5 QB at worst. If this is for the future though it doesn't matter. He is 38 and nearing the end. I don't see why anyone would take him over Kampman, Barnett, Jennings, Hawk, etc. for this. If it was for just this year all 3 teams could really use him, but my understanding was it's for the future.