Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down Hospitalized....

So last night I went to the Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace/Seether/Skillet Concert here in Bloomington with my buddy and he wanted to get a little liquored up before we went out; I really didn't but he peer pressured me into it and I'm a softy and didn't say no. So we got some alcohol and did a power hour with Rumple Mintze (or however you spell it). Well, I did 8 shots in an hour and 10 minutes (note to others, this is not a good idea at all).

I was feeling fine when we got there and I was alright while Seether was playing but as soon as BB started it hit me like a brick wall. I couldn't stand up and I actually thought I was going to die because there were people all around me jumping up and down. So I decided to get the hell out and got somewhere were I could stand and lean on something. I found the hockey boards and chilled there for 30 minutes (this while my drunk buddy is gone to the bathroom).

Finally, security comes and takes me out. They sit me down near the exit, put a cold wash cloth on my neck and I puke a crap load into a garbage bag. Then they say they're taking me to the hospital to get checked out, I didn't want to go but they pretty much forced me to. As I'm getting up the police officer comes walking over and flat out asks me this;

"So do you want to go to jail or to the emergency room?"

Of course I said the hospital and he was like "good choice" haha. So I took a ride in an ambulance and when I got there they took me to a room and made me lay down on the bed. They gave me an IV, took my BAC, and did some other crap. I got home alright, two girls came and picked me up and brought me home where I just passed out.

So yea...I learned a hard lesson today, if you're going to go and see 2 of your favorite bands play at a concert, do not get smashed. Hell don't do it period at a concert. And don't power hour with 100 proof alcohol either....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the going to look like on your health insurance.

BB and TDG is Friday for me yay!

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see you're alive . . . and I am jealous that you got to go to that concert. Good bands.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was your BAC? Also did you eat anything before doing those shots?

I've had a bad experience with Rumple Mintz as well. Mine involved punching a hole through my friends wall and dry heaving all night while nothing came up.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's only surprising you couldn't handle it. The four Bears games so far this season have inspired me to drink heavy.
Seriously, good thing they sent you to the hospital. Be well.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is an amazing show...sucks that you couldnt really enjoy it.

Have fun Thule!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
It's only surprising you couldn't handle it. The four Bears games so far this season have inspired me to drink heavy.
Seriously, good thing they sent you to the hospital. Be well.
Agreed...

sad day sweetness... that pretty much isn't good....

all you young kids and your bad drinking habits...
you should know how much you're gonna drink before you do it...

it's also moments like this where i think, wow. you can't die from smoking yourself stupid... (did i say that outloud?)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This why you always eat a good meal before drinking heavily.

Ahh Alcohol Poisoning, how I don't miss you........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

How did you get hospitalized drinking 8 shots?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
How did you get hospitalized drinking 8 shots?
Probably drank more then the shots and if you add an empty stomach to the equation is just asking for trouble.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Probably drank more then the shots and if you add an empty stomach to the equation is just asking for trouble.
Unless you weigh about 100 pounds and have a VERY low-tolerance for alcohol, I just can't see that amount of alcohol sending you to the emergency room.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had alcohol poisoning at least 5 times since the time I was 16 or so. Its the worst, thankfully I no longer drink.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I've had alcohol poisoning at least 5 times since the time I was 16 or so. Its the worst, thankfully I no longer drink.
LOL are you kidding? Stomach pumped 5 times?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats not the only thing CCB has had pumped 5 times.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Unless you weigh about 100 pounds and have a VERY low-tolerance for alcohol, I just can't see that amount of alcohol sending you to the emergency room.
Being in a concert environment likely rose his body temperature along with him sweating and losing fluids allowed the alcohol to have a more potent effect. Unfortunately young people, myself included, don't always properly think out a good strategy when drinking. Over indulgence and lack of food and water will always screw you in the long run.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No not stomach pumped, I never made it to the hospital I always toughed it out with a "baby sitter"(AKA my dad) to watch me while I slept. No health insurance is a ***** and I didn't have the cash flow to shell out on hospital bill.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No not stomach pumped, I never made it to the hospital I always toughed it out with a "baby sitter"(AKA my dad) to watch me while I slept. No health insurance is a ***** and I didn't have the cash flow to shell out on hospital bill.
How do you know you had alcohol poisoning then? I was always under the assumption that if you had alcohol poisoning, you had to have your stomach pumped or you would die/be hurt permanently. I went to the hospital once, got an IV, and was observed, but it wasn't alcohol poisoning.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

learn how to hold your alcohol
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the ONLY thing I recommend drinking...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to hear that, but I would have loved to go to that concert.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why were you gonna go to jail? Are you under 21 or something?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Why were you gonna go to jail? Are you under 21 or something?
public intox more than likely...glad to see you're alive sweetness...good luck on the hospital and ambulance fees, hopefully insurance covers it

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this should teach you not to drink when great bands like BB and TDG are playing :p

but your ok, so thats all that matters

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
this should teach you not to drink when great bands like BB and TDG are playing :p

but your ok, so thats all that matters
I saw BB this summer and drank quite a few beers with no problem. But I also made sure to eat and drink water in between.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow did your dad get pissed that you were underage drinking?