Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, i always make sure to get a good meal before some sauce.

Also, mary jane and concerts mix much better than alcohol and concerts IMO. Actually, sobriety and concerts are probably best lol....

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gaterade is the way to go i dont see the fun in drinking even if its just social drinking

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
gaterade is the way to go i dont see the fun in drinking even if its just social drinking
Once you get a bit older I bet that will change.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

na not really im 18 in a few weeks nothing really makes me want to drink

Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
So you're 17...

Trust me, a lot will change with your personality and values within the next 5-10 years.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to hear you are ok man, I don't drink anymore but I can relate I guess. When I was 17 I drank, well I can't remember exactly, but I hurled outside the pub, made the taxi pull over 5 times in 2 miles to let me throw up (it's £50 fine if you puke in a taxi) and then passed out on the pavement outside my house. An ambulance was called for me but I woke up so they cancelled it. I laid on the ground for 45 mins saying I couldn't get up as I was dead as well. Yeah, we've all been there.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahh to be young and naive again..........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

well i know i wont drink its just not me

Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You should try some quality craft beers at some point. Drinking alcoholic beverages isn't always about getting drunk. I'd hate to see somebody miss out on the greatness that is beer just because they only knew of it as an alcohol delivery system.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No offense but you don't know who "you" are yet, not by a long shot.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I bet you "knew" you wouldn't do a ton of things when you were 12...how did that work out?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
No offense but you don't know who "you" are yet, not by a long shot.
Yep, we're constantly evolving as human beings. If you're not evolving, then you're stagnating. And if you're stagnating, then you're dead. I think it's important to always keep an open mind and never shut yourself off to anything- within reason. A closed mind will yield very little in the way of enjoyment, among many other things. I can't imagine life without great beer. Not only is it very pleasing on the palate, but it's also quite healthful when consumed in moderation.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know one thing that will make you want to drink .... poontang. They go hand in hand most nights.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to the hospital recently, too. Long story short, I got my tonsils out earlier this month, and a week later, I was eating some pizza when I had to go to the bathroom. After I washed my hands, I spit in the sink.

But spit didn't come out. Blood did.

I quickly went to the hospital, spitting blood in a cup the entire way. When I finally got there, they examined me, put me to sleep and stitched up the back of my throat, and got my stomach pumped of all the blood that I had inadvertently swallowed. It turns out I had broken a blood vessel in the back of my throat.

The lesson here is, don't eat pizza. Yeah, right.

Oh, and while bleeding from the back of your throat isn't as painful as you might think, it is terribly inconvenient on a Friday night.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
I know one thing that will make you want to drink .... poontang. They go hand in hand most nights.
Fat chicks need love too.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
So you're 17...

Trust me, a lot will change with your personality and values within the next 5-10 years.
Or perhaps he won't drink? What a concept. I really have no interest in beer/alcohol, or at least not normal stuff just for the sake of drinking. I know there is some great beer out there (like duckseason is talking about) and I plan on drinking some when I visit my brother, but I'd much rather have some soda or gatorade than most beer. zOMG I drink something that I like, go figure.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Or perhaps he won't drink? What a concept. I really have no interest in beer/alcohol, or at least not normal stuff just for the sake of drinking. I know there is some great beer out there (like duckseason is talking about) and I plan on drinking some when I visit my brother, but I'd much rather have some soda or gatorade than most beer. zOMG I drink something that I like, go figure.
Tastes change as you get older. Do you think it is a coincidence that most 12 year olds drink pop where as most people 25+ would rather enjoy a beer or another alcoholic drink?

Saying you never want to drink when you're 17 is stupid. That's like saying I never want to get married. You have no idea how your life, tastes, values, etc. are going to change. Hell, you're just beginning the biggest transformation of your life and you think that you can actually rule out something like drinking a beer?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

beer isnt for everybody maybe for u, or thats like saying ive never liked veges since i was little and i still do it works both ways

Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
beer isnt for everybody maybe for u, or thats like saying ive never liked veges since i was little and i still do it works both ways
Beer/alcohol is an acquired taste. Does everybody like it? No. But a ton of people do, and making the determination of whether you do or not when you're 17 isn't likely going to be the determination. Hell, you have 4 years before you're even legal.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

im not saying i dont like it or dont im just not gonna drink

Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
im not saying i dont like it or dont im just not gonna drink
Alright, I'm not going to argue with you about what you think you're going to do in the future. Just know that as a 17-year old you really don't know what you're going to want to do in the future.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 shots? Holy crap. I wouldn't do that crap before a concert. Glad to hear your OK, though.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
How do you know you had alcohol poisoning then? I was always under the assumption that if you had alcohol poisoning, you had to have your stomach pumped or you would die/be hurt permanently. I went to the hospital once, got an IV, and was observed, but it wasn't alcohol poisoning.
I've had alcohol poisoning without going to hospital before. Moving resulted in vomit. I didn't drink for months.

I don't really get why the OP or his friend felt it was necessary to drink that much before a concert. A few shots before a show can be a ton to fun, but 8 shots of strong alcohol, especially when you're not an experienced drinker, seems like a stupendously bad idea.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get this at all, when the body induces that much alcohol that fast isn't the natural reaction to throw it back up at a pretty good rate of knots after which you feel much better? I've never been hospitalised or anything from drinking (although i am a regular 2-4 times a week reasonably heavy drinker, most of which is done in environments similar to the one described, clubs, concerts, music festivals etc.) but from my experience a quick chunder sess and you're good to go. I personally blame the popularity of light beer in your country for the alcohol poisoning phenom.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i pissed on my mini fridge on saturday
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote