Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-25-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.
Default Which sophomore CB is the best pro prospect

With the thread about top sophomore RBs i decided to make one about CBs, several sophomores were among the best in the country this year and I'm willing to bet that at least three of these guys will declare early for the 2008 draft. Who do you all think is the best one?

Brandon Flowers VT
http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...6/flowers.html

Jack Ikegwuonu Wisconsin
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sport_news/...183&deptid=111

Malcolm Jenkins OSU
http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sp...malcolm00.html

Justin King PSU
http://www.gopsusports.com/Football/...?rosterid=2816

Derek Pegues Miss St
http://www.mstateathletics.com/index...m ember_id=93

Aqib Talib Kansas
http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m...ib_aqib00.html
Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
snuff

Aqib Talib, unfortunately no one else will vote for him.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink

Malcolm Jenkins is a very good all around corner. Reminds me of Cris mccalister, but I really havent seen any of the other candidates so im not voting.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4v9AE5tM1A

Great hit by Flowers last year, I didn't know he doubled as the Killers frontman as well (someone may have said that anyway, and I killed it to ruin the possibility).

The only one I have seen extensively has been Justin King. I like his ability as well, but I have not seen much of Ikegwouno nor Pegeus.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ikengwuonu imo.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
What makes you so sure.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Malcolm Jenkins is the guy you want as a more physical press corner. Justin King is probably a hair better in man coverage.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like Tony Carter, small but great quickness, and has great instincts
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody ever throws on Ikegwuonu.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'd say Jenkins at this point, but it's still wide open.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Tony Carter? That's FSU's super sophomore corner.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talib was only soph? Some reason he struck me as a junior.

i voted jenkins
Old 01-25-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

Ike has great, size, speed, and awareness. He even helps in run support, so Im gonna say him. On the other hand I havent seen much of the others play so...
Old 01-25-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
goblue093

Each one is outstanding but I'm goin with Ikegwuono
Old 01-25-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
snuff

I would put Ike as the #3 on my list for Big10 from this list.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Badger fan I get to see Jack play every week, and I am so impressed with his abilities to make a big play. He can take back interceptions fot TD's, he shuts down opposing wide receivers and he even helps in the running game on defense. Big time Player!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love Flowers, but I'm gonna go against my homerism and say Malcolm Jenkins. Flowers is one of my favorite players in the NCAA though.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best prospect is King IMO.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asher Allen 8)

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21
Best prospect is King IMO.
In flag football maybe.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a prospect, King has great measurables for a CB. But Jenkins is probably the better player (he has great measurables as well). I really like Ikegwuono a lot as well.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin King reminds me of kelley jennings for some reason...may struggle in press coverages but plays well in the open and in man coverage...

id take overall flowers or jenkins first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
sounds like a rapper, does he rap ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

jenkins
Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Malcolm.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote