Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Car... decision to be made

I'm getting a new car. My mom is looking to lease and we're looking at cars like 20k to like 25k... Right now she is thinking the Mistubishi Lancer ES.

http://www.globalmitsubishi.com/New-...oryId=21052067

any ideas?

Old 10-06-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right off the bat, a lease is a really bad idea unless you know you aren't goin to drive very often. Most lease agreements have low monthly payments but they have yearly mileage caps around 12,000 miles a year. Once you go over that amount you end up paying like .10 for every mile you go over. 12,000 miles sounds like a lot but it sneaks up on you quickly, especially if you have to commute more than 20 miles to work
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Right off the bat, a lease is a really bad idea unless you know you aren't goin to drive very often. Most lease agreements have low monthly payments but they have yearly mileage caps around 12,000 miles a year. Once you go over that amount you end up paying like .10 for every mile you go over. 12,000 miles sounds like a lot but it sneaks up on you quickly, especially if you have to commute more than 20 miles to work
they want to lease it... im not arguing with them about deals because i'm just happy...
Old 10-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tsk tsk, get a job and buy a junker.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
they want to lease it... im not arguing with them about deals because i'm just happy...
ok. It all really depends on what you're looking for. personally I like the Volkswagen Rabbit and it has low lease payments right now at no more than 175 a month(at least thats advertised in CA)
Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not get a lease. It is pointless and stupid.

Also, don't sell out and buy a foreign car.

I bought a 2008 Ford Fusion last month. It's an awesome car. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mom is looking for the same thing. 20-25k sedan, comfortable, stylish. Right now we are leaning towards camry or mazda 6 both 07. I personally like the mazda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
My mom is looking for the same thing. 20-25k sedan, comfortable, stylish. Right now we are leaning towards camry or mazda 6 both 07. I personally like the mazda.
i drove the mazda and it feels too small... i also drove the mazda rx... we went to the mazda dealership and looked at them.. i dont like how they drive
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Leasing? Probably one of the worst financial decisions you could make. Buy used.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leasing actually isn't a bad option if you intend on getting a new vehicle every couple years.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
leasing actually isn't a bad option if you intend on getting a new vehicle every couple years.
Getting a new vechile every couple years is idiotic unless you can actually afford it. Cars are a money sink, especially if you're constantly getting new ones.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Getting a new vechile every couple years is idiotic unless you can actually afford it. Cars are a money sink, especially if you're constantly getting new ones.
true, I own 2 of my vehicles, but I do have one leased vehicle that I just got 3 weeks ago. I decided that I wanted a Bentley and I got into a 5 year lease at 1,675 a month. It's def. worth it though, I love this car.

By the way, you cand find good lease options to get into from craig's list, that's what I did, assumed someone lelse's lease, this way there's no money down needed.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
true, I own 2 of my vehicles, but I do have one leased vehicle that I just got 3 weeks ago. I decided that I wanted a Bentley and I got into a 5 year lease at 1,675 a month. It's def. worth it though, I love this car.

By the way, you cand find good lease options to get into from craig's list, that's what I did, assumed someone lelse's lease, this way there's no money down needed.
That's a nice car. I love Bentley's.

Dream Car:

Old 10-06-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
That's a nice car. I love Bentley's.

Dream Car:

Mine's an 05 GT Continental. It's soo bad ass, I used to think my mustang was balls, but this thing kills it. Sad thing is though, I only have a little more than 2 years on the lease, and unless I find another I gotta give this bad boy up...
Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

two words. dont lease......
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Do not get a lease. It is pointless and stupid.

Also, don't sell out and buy a foreign car.

I bought a 2008 Ford Fusion last month. It's an awesome car. I would recommend it to anyone.

Actually, the majority of 'foreign' as in Japanese cars are made in the US. Whereas the majority of Ford and GM vehicles are made in Mexico. You could make the argument that the domestic car market was 'sold out' years ago and that you should buy Toyota or Honda now.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Actually, the majority of 'foreign' as in Japanese cars are made in the US. Whereas the majority of Ford and GM vehicles are made in Mexico. You could make the argument that the domestic car market was 'sold out' years ago and that you should buy Toyota or Honda now.
Depends on your reasoning for buying domestic. All profits from domestic manufacturers are going into the U.S. economy whereas foreign manufacturers are taking the profits back to their respective countries. If you want to help the U.S. economy, buying from domestically-owned manufacturers is definitely the route to take.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i also think it's ridiculous that parents lease cars for their kids. there's no investment in it. and unless they need another car to lease in a few years (or would rather buy a car after a teenager abused it for 2-3 years), it's a completely ridiculous idea.

so. my opinion on cars?

hah. i drive the honda prelude i got when i was 19. (which for all you counting, was 8 years ago). it has 207k miles on it. it runs fine. which is fantastic. i bought it new... best car i've ever bought. ha, it's the only car i've ever bought. it was either that or buy a mazda miata...

i still sort of regret that decision.

now, your plight? i don't know what's not to like about the rx8... but, assume this, you can get a fully loaded ford fusion (with all sorts of gizmos and gadgets) for the same price you would a more bare bones lancer. i like gizmos and gadgets. big speakers... not that i look for cars, i'm just overhearing what my younger sister said about her car buying fiascos lately (as she's wrapped her second car around lightpost (neither of which her were fault either)).... i also completely concur with kevin. check out the VW's (in the house), they're tight suspension, big little cars. if you wanna be awesome, just go with a Golf TDI. 60+mpg and enough power to kick your ass in there (especially with the cetane boosts as of late). if you feel like being a little girlier, of course, you could go with the jetta. but, even a man can drive a black jetta.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Civic Hybrid. 40 mpg city and 45 mpg hwy

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depends on your reasoning for buying domestic. All profits from domestic manufacturers are going into the U.S. economy whereas foreign manufacturers are taking the profits back to their respective countries. If you want to help the U.S. economy, buying from domestically-owned manufacturers is definitely the route to take.
Precisely. I don't give a damn where the car was made. I care about which country makes the profit.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Precisely. I don't give a damn where the car was made. I care about which country makes the profit.
Really, it makes little to no difference.

Japanese auto makers have prided themselves on setting up auto plants within US borders with US Union workers, paying them competitive salaries and giving them a stable work enviornment. The result is, greater purchasing power and income for US workers. On the flip side, US automakers have outsourced much of their work to countries like Mexico, thus sending the money out of the US to give Mexican citizens greater purchasing power.

Again, to flip it, profits from the sales of automobiles go to overseas corporations when buying a foreign car, whereas the profits go into the culvers of US companies when buying a domestic car. However, those profits are then reinvested within the company to make their processes more efficient, ultimately sending that money back to Mexico for reinvestment in production (for US automakers) or back to the US for reinvestment in production (for foreign, espcially Japanese automakers).

So yes, buying US cars is nice because at least then those profits are more taxable then the profits of a foreign automaker, however the money made in tarrif protection from imports as well as the taxes required from the sales of foreign cars here also goes to the US government.

Really, go with what you enjoy the most. Because you're leasing and not too concerned with a long lasting car, you can go just about anyway. Toyota has been given rave reviews because your dollar goes the farthest in terms of quality, gadgets and realiability.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

If you're in High School, don't lease. Hell I didn't even have a car until i graduated college.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
i don't care about the country who makes/markets it. I'd buy a car made in Northern Pakistan if it could get a 5 star crash safety rating and get good gas mileage
Old 10-07-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
i don't care about the country who makes/markets it. I'd buy a car made in Northern Pakistan if it could get a 5 star crash safety rating and get good gas mileage
Both those things can be found on American made cars . . .
Old 10-07-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

You should really look at Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep now because they are the only company offering a LIFETIME powertrain Warranty. That alone is making me lean towards buying one of their cars in the near future. However thank god for today's copycat marketing because odds are the other major car companies will follow suit shortly