Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6: Cowboys vs. Patriots Thread

This is THE thread.

I was listening to Parcells talk about the game and the thing that stuck out to me was that he said, "Dallas is going to have to beat New England doing something other than what they've done, and I don't mean strategically, just meaning in philosophical approach."

That is some deep crap. If the Cowboys are to change their philosophical approach, what the heck are they going to do??? What can they do??? What will they do???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:55 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's just Bill's way of saying that he has more confidence in the way Belichick and the Pats do things than he does in the way Wade and the current Cowboys staff do things. Maybe he's just taking a shot at Wade's laid-back style and implying that the Pats are going to hit us in the mouth. Maybe he's speaking exclusively of Wade's defensive philosophy. I dunno, but I don't put much stock into it, even if it did come from a man who's opinion I respect greatly. Strategy and execution will win this game. Philosophy? What the hell does he even mean by that? I wish he would have elaborated. I really think he's just being a philosophy-homer though. He's a man set in his ways, and people who see things differently simply don't see things the right way, in his opinion. That's how it is for most people anyway. Interesting comment though. Kinda cryptic.

I do know one thing, our offensive line is going to have to play one hell of a game to keep Tone loc from making too many pressure-induced mistakes. That is my biggest concern. Well, that and the fact that Julius will likely put us at 3rd and long far too many times by leaving the tough yards on the table. Yards the Barbarian seems to have a voracious appetite for, thereby eating them up with remarkable consistency. We need Barber's energy against a team like the Pats. The whole team seems to feed off it. Long 3rd down conversions don't come easily against the spytech brigade.

edit- ok, I just now heard the full Parcells quote on ESPN. Sounds like he was speaking of the Pats defense versus Romo and our offensive approach. I still don't know what he means by "philosophical" as opposed to strategy. The bottom line is that we will need to do what it takes to move the ball. I still think it's a must that we give Barber the majority of the snaps, and I think Garrett just needs to be on top of his game as far as play calling goes. That's all there is to it other than execution. Strategy and execution are key, just like any other game. The Pats aren't invincible. The reason Parcells isn't questioning their philosophical approach is because it resembles his own, while ours doesn't.

Last edited by duckseason : 10-11-2007 at 08:35 PM.
duckseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I am saying is I am jazzed. And I have a request. If we beat the Mighty Pats, no arguing the next day between us. We truely will have nothing to complain about if we win.

No Roy bashing, No Julius aint running hard. I promise I wont even bash Carpenter, Canty or Spears.

Also, just a freakin win...I dont care if we have to kick the field goal three times or we blow them out. I dont care if it comes down to a bad call, as long as it goes our way. As long as we win.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I just hope we use Barber 75% of the time. Using Jones against mediocre teams usually ends up in only 2-3 yard games. Against the pats, plays with jones may as well be counted as wasted downs. Use him in the flats and on screens, but please... no julius trying to muscle the ball up the gut.

In order to win this game we're going to have to give the patriots they haven't seen yet from our offense, and our defense must get pressure. No pressure, we get blown out.

Personally im preparing for a 42-20 loss. I don't think we're ready for NE yet. Maybe in the bowl, but not yet.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think what Parcells is saying is this

1) We can't just be blitz crazy b/c their O line is smart
2) We need to mix run with pass much better
3) We need to get Tony out of the pocket
4) Special Teams needs to prevent more run backs
5) We need to mix Press Cover 2 and Cover 1 with Zone
6) We need to use TO differently -- more crossing in short zone, less deep.

But I dunno nothing.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Parcells means were gonna have to play a bit dirty.

You know like talk trash, a few late hits, maul receivers at the line of scrimmage,
Tell Roy and Ken to give Randy Moss a little message...you know stuff like that.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Oh yea, and some helmet to helmet hits never hurt anyone...
Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the DMN blog:

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
From the DMN blog:

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
I think we should do to Brady what Wolfork did to Losman then say "I am sorry."

Oh and horse collar Randy everytime and say "I am sorry."

This is a team the perfected playing dirty then saying "I'm sorry" so time to get what you give.....

But if it where me once again in my glory days, their RB would know enuff to go down before he approaches b/c there was not a body part I would not break, bite, naw, punch or slap if give the chance .... once spit out my piece and took off a "chunk of chin." That c*ock sucker never said a word to me after it. I was also "sorry."

But yeah, we need to go after them angry. Out physical.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-10-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post

I would spear Brady in the stomach. Helmet first and try to break his ribs.

If on angle, go for the back of the knees.

Don't thinkHarrison, Wilfork and Vrabel won't do it. They are the modern day Raiders -- short on talent but long on nasty.

Hell Harrison was labled the dirtiest player in the NFL ... and he loves it.

I so have visions of Brady mimicking Willis McGhee's knees in the OSU title game.

I would die laughing.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
From the DMN blog:

That owns me. rofl

As for this game.......what can you say? Its the biggest, most hype-worthy regular season game (read: without immediate playoff implications) around here since the annual 49er/Cowboys games during the early-mid 90s. Just wow.

Obviously, pressure will be big, as well as discipline in the deep patrol. Those both go without saying. I will be more interested in seeing how Ratliff responds to being leaned on by some serious beef late in a close game (which I expect it to be). This should be his first real, big test.

After that, I want to see the way that Romo responds to the exotic coverages that Belicheck is sure to throw at him. Last week, it seemed more of stubborness on his part in trying to fit it deep against a team that wasn't going to allow it than an inability to read coverages or determine where the throw was supposed to go. He seemed like he was damn-well bound and determined to fit it deep (though, to be fair, only 3 of the picks happened this way) no matter what. TO could have ripped them apart if Romo would have just dumped it off and let him show off his YAC ability. But against the Pats, we might see Romo genuinely confused for the first time. I fully expect at least one pick, and I'd set the over/under at 2. On the flip side, I expect us to turn Tom Terrible over at least once, too.

Lastly, I think the thing BP was referring to in that clip was the determination that the Pats have to eliminate what you do best by loading their resources against it. That, to me, means taking away Jason Witten. You'll notice that 3 of Romo's INTs were passes intended to go to him (ironically, not one INT was directed TOs way). It's pretty clear that we have been exploiting the TE matchups at an incredible rate in each of the first 5 games. Will they man up Adalius Thomas against him? Double him? What will they do? Witten will kill Bruschi or Vrabel man-on-man. Same with Harrison or Sanders. Its either manning Thomas up or doubling him if they want to concentrate on containing his ass. I look for the former to happen, with bracket coverage on TO, and some extremely unconventional, exotic rush patterns that feature plenty of containment to keep Romo in the pocket, while zone-blitzing lineman back into the short passing zones. If I was the coaching staff, I would game-plan to get Fasano involved in a lot of seam routes on the backside (opposite both Witten and TO) and be prepared to smash-mouth the hell out of them in the run game. That is our best shot, at least imo.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I think what Parcells is saying is this

1) We can't just be blitz crazy b/c their O line is smart
2) We need to mix run with pass much better
3) We need to get Tony out of the pocket
4) Special Teams needs to prevent more run backs
5) We need to mix Press Cover 2 and Cover 1 with Zone
6) We need to use TO differently -- more crossing in short zone, less deep.

But I dunno nothing.
1) I think we need to bust out new blitz packages that we haven't shown yet. Their OL is smart, but will more likely be prepared to protect against what we've shown up to now. Time to get deep in the playbook. I don't want to reduce our pass rush attempts. Pass rush is the only way to rattle Brady.

2) Again, we need to open up the playbook a little more. Even bust out some trick plays on offense. We haven't seen much of that at all so far this year.

3) I don't know about moving Tony out of the pocket purposely. I think instead, we need to incorporate more 3 step back and quick release type plays. Tony can buy his own time by stepping out of the pocket, so I don't think we need to scheme for that to happen on purpose.

4) Yes, right on.

5) I think we need to stick with what we've been doing as far as pass coverage. Trying something new or fancy now, is not a good idea.

6) Moving TO is ok. We do need to make sure he's involved more than he has been lately though. I think NE will really try to clamp down on Witten first and foremost. Not sure if they can, but I think they will try. That could open up some things for the rest of the offense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=robert_in_bigd;661623]

But if it where me once again in my glory days, their RB would know enuff to go down before he approaches b/c there was not a body part I would not break, bite, naw, punch or slap if give the chance .... once spit out my piece and took off a "chunk of chin." That c*ock sucker never said a word to me after it. I was also "sorry.

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah I'm sure you were a stud!!! Just like now your the best G.M. the NFL has never heard of. Maybe with all your biting and nawing that you did on the field you should have taken up rastling. LMAO
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

1) Keep their offense off the field. That means run run run and chew up clock time. We must be effective in moving the ball down the field. We must score at every opportunity.

2) Tony has got to recognize his check-downs so that "Monday night fiasco" doesn't happen again. He can't be throwing into all kinds of coverage, especially when the other team is simply dropping their line-backers back. He DID adjust late in the 2nd half.

3) Disrupt that Moss and Brady chemistry. Don't let Moss get clean breaks off the line. Make Brady look for someone else.

4) And for $@*# sakes, don't let Ellis Hobbs get good kick return yardage/or a return for a TD. We need good special teams play here.

Cowboys 31-24
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my 2 cents....I have to say this will be our 1st loss IMO. To think we will beat a team like N.E. with a banged up or out Anthony Henry is a little much to ask. Newman isn't 100% so our secondary is going to be hard pressed to keep up with their receivers especially with Brady throwing to them. This is the team most pick to win the Super Bowl so to think we are going to beat them without being at full strength...I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but the way I see it going is high scoring and the only way I see us winning is by putting up at least 5 sacks and constant pressure. My pick for now is N.E. 34-24.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

[quote=pocketaces;661679]
Quote:

But if it where me once again in my glory days, their RB would know enuff to go down before he approaches b/c there was not a body part I would not break, bite, naw, punch or slap if give the chance .... once spit out my piece and took off a "chunk of chin." That c*ock sucker never said a word to me after it. I was also "sorry.

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah I'm sure you were a stud!!! Just like now your the best G.M. the NFL has never heard of. Maybe with all your biting and nawing that you did on the field you should have taken up rastling. LMAO
Actually I sucked. Too slow, shortish arms and not dedicated to the weight room.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Well my 2 cents....I have to say this will be our 1st loss IMO. To think we will beat a team like N.E. with a banged up or out Anthony Henry is a little much to ask. Newman isn't 100% so our secondary is going to be hard pressed to keep up with their receivers especially with Brady throwing to them. This is the team most pick to win the Super Bowl so to think we are going to beat them without being at full strength...I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but the way I see it going is high scoring and the only way I see us winning is by putting up at least 5 sacks and constant pressure. My pick for now is N.E. 34-24.
You are a New England Patriots fan.

You are on the wrong board.

You need to go back to the Patriots forum.

This board is for Cowboys fans and it is obvious you are not one.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are a New England Patriots fan.

You are on the wrong board.

You need to go back to the Patriots forum.

This board is for Cowboys fans and it is obvious you are not one.
Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer. I actually kind of agree with him. It's tough for me to see us winning this one.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else see us having alot of trouble in their 3-4 wr sets spread out, that means more db's on the field for us, that means stallworth vs reeves which makes me shudder thinking about it, and it means wes welker vs who???

I dont like the thought of that, we needed Henry for this game to have a chance to stop them through the air, this game is going to be tough, but that doesnt mean we dont have a shot....heres what we CAN do....

1. We can dominate their D line with our O line and a power running game...pound barber this game, let him get his swagger going and the crowd into the game which shouldnt be underestimated...nothing pretty about it, get our o line moving forward and create a push, have barber find the holes and wear them down, that sets the tone

2. If Romo runs alot of bootlegs to get out of the pocket, and improvises in the pocket, along with playactions will all be key(which all come from the running game getting established)...I think if tony escapes the rush and buys time he CAN pick them apart, he has the arm to do it, we have weapons all over the field, and the most that the pats have seen this year...the best they have seen has been the chargers who have no wrs to focus on, thats what spreads us out...To will have 2 guys on him, Crayton catches everything thrown everytime romo escapes the pocket, witten is, well witten, fasano will make tough catches, so it comes down to just being patient...we can move the ball on these guys, we have the personell to score points, BUT WE CANT EXPECT TO TURN THE BALL OVER AND HAVE A CHANCE

3. Get witten involved early, hell forget TO, he will have plenty of attention, witten involved early opens the middle of the field and pulls the safeties in tighter when we throw deep, witten gets romo comfortable early without stressing, and gets him into the flow of the game

4. on defense we need to get pressure, we have been saying it all year, but for goodness sakes we need to blitz like its the last play of every game, show some aggression...honestly, if brady gets all day we lose, point blank...ware will get all the attention, its up to ratliff to create a push and garner attention, and spencer must be a force, he needs to use his athleticism to make plays because ware cant do it all himself....Brady can get rid of the ball fast, alot of times it will go to Welker who we dont matchup well with, but if we frustrate brady we can force plays to happen with out playmakers(ware, newman)...brady is human, pressure and confusion presents mistakes...lets go wade, show me why we brought you in, put pressure on him and throw out the house, i want to see different looks on 3rd downs, i want to see guys moving around, guys lined up to blitz but dropping back, coverage guys coming, you have to mix it up, NE is the most prepared and disciplined team ever and thats how we have to attack...sitting back and waiting will get us imploded on

5. SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!! If we act like Ellis hobbs wont take it to the house on us were fooling ourselves, i hope we put some emphasis on it, Hall one week(which was a great return), last week was ridiculous...makes me upset Davis might not go because I like him out there, but we cant give up special teams points again...

6. Turnovers...regardless of how things go, if we lose the turnover battle we will lose, i dont see any way around it...no fumbles, picks, just be patient and discipline...we have the best punter in the league, use him whenever we can and play field position, kick the fgs when we can, and dont get careless with the football...if we dont turn the ball over we have more then a chance to win...

now in summary, it could be one of those games that, the last team with the ball wins...our offense can/should score points, i dont care what defense we play...we have every factor we need to put up points, so if we can get some turnovers on defense with pressure, we should be able to keep the heat going on offense...

this is a statement game, as much as we may not want it to be...we need to play like we want to prove something, our we hyped up, or are we a team of destiny....last year we lost close games, last week showed me something about this team, good things may be in store...everyone acts like the pats will blow out every team, this is the NFL guys, anything can happen, and there is no reason to act like with our team we dont have a shot...

but the 2 most important things are not turning the ball over, and creating pressure/confusion on D...we make those 2 things happen, we are in the game in the 4th qt, we dont, we wont be close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer. I actually kind of agree with him. It's tough for me to see us winning this one.
Well S12, I was told by the same poster that I was a Eagles fan b/c I felt that Philadelphia had a better front office than Dallas.

So,,,,,, I would suggest you speak to Pocketaces directly with respect to this style of rhetoric. It is pretty clear to me it is silly to do so and I posted that response tongue in cheek. I am just doing exactly what is done to me, including reporting "abusive" posts.

Frankly, I have no problem with folks saying we will lose. Makes you no less a fan. I also have no problem saying certain players and GMs are lousey. Makes you no less a fan.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally seeing this be another firefight like the Giants game, and one that will be hard for us to win. I think it could be one of the highest scoring NFL Games in recent memory and will be taking the O/U on total score.

Prediction:
Patriots 52 Cowboys 49

If we can prevent turning over the ball, control the special teams, and dominate the time of possession I think we have a great chance of having a shot to win. I also think Roy Williams is our achil. heel in this one and will be responsible for atleast 3 TD's given up...
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well S12, I was told by the same poster that I was a Eagles fan b/c I felt that Philadelphia had a better front office than Dallas.

So,,,,,, I would suggest you speak to Pocketaces directly with respect to this style of rhetoric. It is pretty clear to me it is silly to do so and I posted that response tongue in cheek. I am just doing exactly what is done to me, including reporting "abusive" posts.

Frankly, I have no problem with folks saying we will lose. Makes you no less a fan. I also have no problem saying certain players and GMs are lousey. Makes you no less a fan.

I never said you were an Eagles fan, just that I couldnt figure out how they had a better front office than us when we have "rings" and they have none.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This is THE thread.

I was listening to Parcells talk about the game and the thing that stuck out to me was that he said, "Dallas is going to have to beat New England doing something other than what they've done, and I don't mean strategically, just meaning in philosophical approach."

That is some deep crap. If the Cowboys are to change their philosophical approach, what the heck are they going to do??? What can they do??? What will they do???
I suggest they spend the rest of the week at Walden Pond, thinking about the importance of nature and the beauty of the natural world. The only way we will win this week is if we learn to think like Henry David Thoreau...I mean, is there a brighter mind in the world of philosophy? If we really need to change our philosophical approach, this most certainly is the way to do it.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely don't see that high of a score. Both defenses are a lot better than that. New England has been good, but people are painting things like they have been completely unstoppable all throughout games. They were shut down for nearly the entire first half against Buffalo. They weren't that great against Cleveland, and were stopped numerous times. The Jets were neck-and-neck with them for much of that game. This is a team, much like us, that has gotten fat late in games by blowing it open. The one big difference is--and I really can't believe this hasn't been brought up by any national media outlet--that the Patriots are trying their hardest to run up the score on teams. Did you see them go for it on 4th down inside the Browns 10 yard line with only like 4 or 5 minutes left in a (at the time) 10 point game? They did the same thing to San Diego, too. Compare that to us getting up by 28 on the Rams at the start of the 4th quarter, at which time we shut it down, took the air out of the ball and brought in the subs. This isn't being mentioned enough.

I like a mid 20s score for each team, and I think it will come down to a last second score. Right now I would say 28-24 the Pats, but I reserve the right to change that later on.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote