Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Trench play is not that good? Their OL is sick and their DL is damn good. Explain?
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd "Pats are over-rated because their trench play is not that good"

I won't explain b/c I said over-rated. I did not say they where not good. Of course they are good. Your question presumes incorrectly that I think they are not good. A complete false strawman.

Dirk Nowitzki is good but he is over-rated. Pats trench guys are good but over rated.

You question, if answered, requires me to either a) completely change my position 2 minutes after I made it, or b) requires me to argue with you about apples when you wish to discuss oranges.

Rephrase counselor

(** BTW, this reading thing I always talk about which is such an issue nowadays. People address what they think you may have said then what was actually written or spoken. **)

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-13-2007 at 10:10 AM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Last and final. 35-17. Cowboys.

Pats are over-rated because their trench play is not that good.
your right. Brady has 0 time in the pocket and just throws up a pass and we come down with it.

our DL is doing good..and thats without Seymour :\
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
your right. Brady has 0 time in the pocket and just throws up a pass and we come down with it.

our DL is doing good..and thats without Seymour :\
Another poster who comes in, reads a misrepresentation of very sensitive poster and adds fuel to the fire without properly reading what I wrote.

Guys, please go back and actually read what I wrote before you intend to engage in fannie banter. I am sure both are big Pats fans.

When and if you comprehend what is written, we can chat nicely. I can't engage in apples to tree discussions.

Till then go read and re-read.

(** Keep saying it, Reading Comprehension is a major problem here **).
Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Final Prediction - Cowboys 31 - Patriots 28

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am jazzzzed!

However, I have to agree with some of the posters that think it is ok to pick someone to beat your favorite team. Think about it. If Lions fans always thought they were going to win a game, they would have all blown their heads off by now!!! There is nothing wrong with cheering for a team. A fan is supposed to do that, even when it is unlikely the team will win.

I love the boys, and hope they win. I do think they have a chance if they get to Brady and SCORE SOME POINTS EARLY!!!!!!!!! WHICH THEY DONT DO...However, I would say it is more likely to me that the Pats will win.

As long as the Cowboys give a strong showing, put up a fight and make a game out of it, I will be tickled pink.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

38-20, patriots. I dont feel like we're ready yet, maybe in the Bowl, but not now. Reeves and Jones going against stallworth, welker, and moss throughtout the game is not a winning recipe.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

38-20, patriots. I dont feel like we're ready yet, maybe in the Bowl, but not now. Reeves and Jones going against stallworth, welker, and moss throughtout the game is not a winning recipe
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like last year, before the game against the Colts...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I feel like last year, before the game against the Colts...
Except this year's Pats are better than the Colts last year
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmm...and how does it change how I feel? I'm not saying we're gonna win like last year, I'm just saying that right now I feel the same way, an undefeated team is coming to Dallas and the Cowboys needs to step up to make a statement.

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-13-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Hmm...and how does it change how I feel? I'm not saying we're gonna win like last year, I'm just saying that right now I feel the same way, an undefeated team is coming to Dallas and the Cowboys needs to step up to make a statement.
I thought you were insinuating the same type of result. My bad. By the way, sweet user name.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
I thought you were insinuating the same type of result. My bad. By the way, sweet user name.
The greatest american-born hockey player (imo) ;)

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Pure speculation. NE has played NO ONE. New England is 100% hype right now.

Last year's Colts team was undefeated and already wiped the floor with the Pats and few other HIGH QUALITY teams.

Colts where 9-0 with tons of injuries and rookie RB and just traded for a stop gap DT .... but they still kicked the Pats ass twice.

They beat the Giants, Jacksonville, Jets and New England. Plus wins over weaker but not horrid teams like Washington, Tennessee, Houston and Buffalo.

After we beat them they still kicked Philly and Cincy's arse -- in spite of their poor play.

So to say New Enlgand now is better than the Colts last year is pure homerism.

New England has beaten no one this year. All we have are people drooling over Tom Brady's stank infested johnson b/c he is completing 75% of his passes versus crappy teams.

God, I am so sick of the Pats talk. I am not impressed by the Cowboys but no less so by the Pats.

Win a few versus quality teams playing well then talk smack.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-13-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Pure speculation. NE has played NO ONE. New England is 100% hype right now.

Last year's Colts team was undefeated and already wiped the floor with the Pats and few other HIGH QUALITY teams.

Colts where 9-0 with tons of injuries and rookie RB and just traded for a stop gap DT .... but they still kicked the Pats ass twice.

So to say New Enlgand now is better than the Colts last year is pure homerism.
Only it's not, because I'm not a Pats fan. New England's offense this year is better than Indy's and as usual, their D is much better. Funny a Dallas fan says NE is 100% hype. Ironic. And the Pats lost last year by a touchdown on the road and 4 points on the road. How exactly is that getting their ass kicked?

The Colts played Denver (with Jake Plummer) and NE that were good teams before Dallas. Other teams included the Giants, Redskins and Titans.Yeah, some real HIGH QUALITY teams there
Old 10-13-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Only it's not, because I'm not a Pats fan. New England's offense this year is better than Indy's and as usual, their D is much better.
Play someone first. You have beaten no one and played WORSE DEFENSES THAN WE HAVE.

Rah-rah.

Quote:
Funny a Dallas fan says NE is 100% hype. Ironic. And the Pats lost last year by a touchdown on the road and 4 points on the road. How exactly is that getting their ass kicked?
Well, less see you where up 21-3 at halftime on the Road and still lost.

San Diego beat the crap out of you but McCree forgot to drop the ball.

Gimme a break. The Jets beat the crap out of NE last year -- twice -- but lost once.

New England was a finesse team last year and they are a finesse team this year.

Just look at the Cleveland game. You guys where taking blows not giving them. Too bad Anderson gave you like 17 points.

Quote:
The Colts played Denver (with Jake Plummer) and NE that were good teams before Dallas. Other teams included the Giants, Redskins and Titans.Yeah, some real HIGH QUALITY teams there
Last I checked Denver was rock solid through the first half of 2006 and fell apart with a rook QB. Still had a shot at the playoffs.

They beat the Giants first half of 06 b/f the G-Men's injuries. 6-2 and SB bound? Rememba?????

Titans are pretty good team. Better than the crapola NE has played this year.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer bringin' the heat on Brady. Nice pressure there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Hamlin almost had that fumble.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We're sending Roy on a safety blitz half the time it seems.

Overall good pressure on Brady, he's just being a stud getting out of his hand.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So is everyone going to be in this thread, or the NFL folder thread?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Newman blown coverage on Moss.

Moss just owns him. Always has.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
So is everyone going to be in this thread, or the NFL folder thread?
NFL is too crowded with other games. I'm just staying here.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

But there are three games being played right now.

Three.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Why The **** Are We Giving The Ball To The Worst Guy On The Team??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Bad throw, bad attempt to catch it. We just look scared out there.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Witten lost his shoes out there.

Man Harrison... what a stud.