Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread is my lasting contribution to society

along with jesus

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made my home-made lamburger pitas last night

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking for some recipes. Thinking about dinner tonight. Going and buying ingredients isn't a problem. Who has something good you make that you wouldn't mind sharing?? Beef, Chicken, pork. All that is game.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

do you have a grill?
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is this place down the road from my house that makes such good Chicken Pad Thai, its like 10 bucks for a huge serving. Usually lasts 2 meals. Soooooooooooo good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
do you have a grill?
I have three. haha but keep in mind I am doing this all after work. (4 o'clock) so not a lot of marinating time.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

This is a good, quick, and spicy dish that I eat at least once a month. Using a rotisserie chicken makes it pretty easy. I freeze the leftover skin and carcass and make chicken broth later when i feel like it. This makes me feel better about paying for precooked chicken.

Chicken Chilaquiles (adapted from Martha Stewart recipe)
You can do this in about 30-40 minutes.
Ingredients

Serves 4
1 tablespoon oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 of a white or red onion, diced
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
4 chipotle chile peppers (the kind that come canned in adobo sauce) finely chopped (about 2 heaping tablespoons), plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from same can)
Coarse salt
1 ~2 lb. cooked rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded , carcass discarded
1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
Tortilla chips
Reduced fat sour cream
Feta or cotija cheese

Directions

Combine oil and onions in a large (3-to-4-quart) saucepan. Cook over medium heat until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant and sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes, chipotles and adobo, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; season with salt to taste. Reduce heat and simmer rapidly until lightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add chicken and cook, stirring, until hot, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro.
Divide chips among four shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, sour cream, and cheese. Serve.

It ends up looking something like this (not my photo):

Last edited by jared : 11-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

I'm definitely gonna keep that one in the recipe book. Sounds awesome. I love cooking with chipotle peppers. Tasty. But I'm limited in my spicyness because my old lady is prego and for unknown reasons to me or her, she has become a whimp when it comes to spicy foods. (she thinks Chili's salsa is hot as hell)

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I'm definitely gonna keep that one in the recipe book. Sounds awesome. I love cooking with chipotle peppers. Tasty. But I'm limited in my spicyness because my old lady is prego and for unknown reasons to me or her, she has become a whimp when it comes to spicy foods. (she thinks Chili's salsa is hot as hell)
Tell her spicy foods will speed up her contractions and help her go into labor earlier.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have discovered the 1 dollar McChicken Sandwich with cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Tell her spicy foods will speed up her contractions and help her go into labor earlier.
I would but we are already at risk at an early labor. She is on bed rest for high blood pressure. Might have to take him in the next 2-3 weeks. And she is 32 weeks right now.

Decided on a steak, to make it food thread related.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would but we are already at risk at an early labor. She is on bed rest for high blood pressure. Might have to take him in the next 2-3 weeks. And she is 32 weeks right now.
Oooh. That's early. Anything prior to 36 weeks is considered premature and the baby has to stay in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. Good luck with everything
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Oooh. That's early. Anything prior to 36 weeks is considered premature and the baby has to stay in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. Good luck with everything
Yea, I know, which will suck not being able to take him home. Another doctor appointment today. Last week at 31 weeks, he was 3 lbs 12 oz. So he is going to be decently big. So if he has to come early, I hope that is beneficial to him.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

craving some freebirds right now, might either do that or grill some chicken tonight or i could do both..decisions must be made.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Freebirds. For me, please. Stupid Monroe, LA. I miss Freebirds so much.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im lucky to have one right down the street from my house.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Yes, yes you are. I always went to the one in Addison. I didn't know they had one in Arlington. SSSOOOO many choices. God, I love that place.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always went to the one in Addison.
That's the closest one to my house... havent been in forever. I need to go sometime this week.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I need to go sometime this week.
Freebirds or Chipotle was almost a bi-weekly thing for me. Both were relatively close.

That and Panda Express. Cheap chinese food in heaps and heaps. Yum.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Freebirds or Chipotle was almost a bi-weekly thing for me. Both were relatively close.

That and Panda Express. Cheap chinese food in heaps and heaps. Yum.
Chipotle has NOTHING on Freebirds. Oh, and I havent had P.E. in a while, since there are like a hundred chinese places within about a 20 second drive.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chipotle has NOTHING on Freebirds. Oh, and I havent had P.E. in a while, since there are like a hundred chinese places within about a 20 second drive.
I don't know.....I like my burritos pretty plain (meat/cheese/black beans/hot sauce). Chipotle's chicken burrito is better but steak/carnitas at Freebirds is better. Again, never had anything except burritos, so take it for what it is.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

andy nelsons for lunch today. some damn good bar b q.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
andy nelsons for lunch today. some damn good bar b q.

ahhh man, nothing is better than barbecue food. NOTHING!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I don't know.....I like my burritos pretty plain (meat/cheese/black beans/hot sauce). Chipotle's chicken burrito is better but steak/carnitas at Freebirds is better. Again, never had anything except burritos, so take it for what it is.
I cant do plain stuff like that, I get almost all the veggies and stuff on my burrito. Also, who goes to Freebirds for something other than burritos or tacos?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
ahhh man, nothing is better than barbecue food. NOTHING!
if you are ever in the area andy nelsons is the truth. its just off york road in north baltimore.