Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-14-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink

because of this rule, my mavs are going to get screwed over. And today I read in the paper that David Stern's dumb self didn't see any reason as to why he should change the current playoff seeding format.Basically If you don't win your division, you don't get one of the 3 top seeds. You could have the second best record in your conference, but if the best is in your division, the best seeding you can get is a #4 seed
Old 04-14-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well maybe they should win their division.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
still,we're 1.5 games behind and this stupid rule is going to screw us over while we win 60 games for some team that is barely above .500
Old 04-14-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has to be a reward the for teams that win their own division.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

If you play in a much tougher division your record will be worse than the one good team in another division, probable, thus a division winner should get a top 3 seed. In hockey thie was clear about 5 years ago when Washington was the only good team in their division, they would always have a ton of points while teams from the other, more competitive, divisions would suffer and not have such great records. Thus their division winner could be much better than Washington and still have less points. This applies to divisions with only 2 good teams aswell, not sayin that is the case but that is the rationale for the rule.

Quote:
look at the western conference seedings and records and tell me if that is fair.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings
John Basedow
Rookie

John Basedow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

John Basedow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Basedow
Quote:

FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 04-14-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Syll
Quote:
look at the western conference seedings and records and tell me if that is fair.

Looks good to me.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Looks good to me.
we've got 15 more wins than Denver and 7 more than Pheonix, and they both happen to be in frail divisions, while we are in possibly the toughest division and they get a higher seeding.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

all i heard was ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch ***** *****
Old 04-14-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
all i heard was ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch ***** *****
of course, That's exactly what I'm doing
Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
John Basedow
Rookie

Is C-syll or whatever Cartmanclone?
Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
yeah
Old 04-14-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
John Basedow
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
yeah
CARTMANCLONE11111111111111111111111111111 We have finally reunited via nfdc. This is a special moment.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what? I'm a Mavs fan and I will tell you this: You cant ***** all you want but it doesnt change a thing. The Mavs still lost to the a few times and had they not lost those few times over the course of the season they would be ahead of the Spurs. There isnt a reason the Mavs should lose the Warriors... EVER. The Mavs even lost to the BUCKS once.... THE BUCKS! I have seen every game so far this year; the Mavs lost games to teams they should have beaten. No one is a great rebounder and the Mavs centers are terrible. Until the Mavs get a good center they are going to continue coming in second to the Spurs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C-Syll does have a point. I mean the Mavs have a 14.5 game lead on the Nuggets who will be ranked higher than them. But the rule shouldn't be changed as this doesn't happen very often.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yeah
CARTMANCLONE11111111111111111111111111111 We have finally reunited via nfdc. This is a special moment.
yay, when were you allowed back. Let the world know about your return
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN
you know what? I'm a Mavs fan and I will tell you this: You cant *********** all you want but it doesnt change a thing. The Mavs still lost to the a few times and had they not lost those few times over the course of the season they would be ahead of the Spurs. There isnt a reason the Mavs should lose the Warriors... EVER. The Mavs even lost to the BUCKS once.... THE BUCKS! I have seen every game so far this year; the Mavs lost games to teams they should have beaten. No one is a great rebounder and the Mavs centers are terrible. Until the Mavs get a good center they are going to continue coming in second to the Spurs.
we still won 59 games this year, and that is better than the 44 win Denver nuggets. Stuffl ike that happens, I believe the Spurs have lost to Atlanta twice these last two years
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
C-Syll does have a point. I mean the Mavs have a 14.5 game lead on the Nuggets who will be ranked higher than them. But the rule shouldn't be changed as this doesn't happen very often.
it happened last year, when we had the second best record in the league
Old 04-14-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink

They should rank them by the number of wins and not who wins the division. Luckily no teams I care about are affected by this. If all it does is ruin the Mavs chances every year then let the system be.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Last year does not affirm "very often". Pheonix and Denver are by the way better than Dallas if they had a healthy team in my honest OPINION. They just happened to be plagued by injuries. Also, like one poster said, there has to be a reward for winning the division.

Btw... SEEDING IS OVERRATED. It does not guarantee home court advantage... only the opponents faced. Since your Mavs have the second best record in the West, it shouldn't matter who you guys face anyways right because you'll have homecourt advantage over everybody except the Spurs or Pistons? Also, this is the playoffs. EVENTUALLY, everyone will be playing the best of the previous series. There is only ONE winner after the playoffs. And that one winning team will be the BEST team. Thus, who cares who you face. If you lose early in the playoffs, you don't deserve the championship crown anyways.

Besides, home court advantage is determined by wins anyways, so what does it matter. If the Mavs somehow manage to meet Denver or Pheonix in the playoffs, they will have the home court advantage.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Quote:
Last year does not affirm "very often". Pheonix and Denver are by the way better than Dallas if they had a healthy team in my honest OPINION. They just happened to be plagued by injuries. Also, like one poster said, there has to be a reward for winning the division.

Btw... SEEDING IS OVERRATED. It does not guarantee home court advantage... only the opponents faced. Since your Mavs have the second best record in the West, it shouldn't matter who you guys face anyways right because you'll have homecourt advantage over everybody except the Spurs or Pistons? Also, this is the playoffs. EVENTUALLY, everyone will be playing the best of the previous series. There is only ONE winner after the playoffs. And that one winning team will be the BEST team. Thus, who cares who you face. If you lose early in the playoffs, you don't deserve the championship crown anyways.

Besides, home court advantage is determined by wins anyways, so what does it matter. If the Mavs somehow manage to meet Denver or Pheonix in the playoffs, they will have the home court advantage.
1.First that must be the biggest homerism I have ever seen

2.Seeding makes it so that we have less memorable games later in teh playoffs, like dallas meeting the Spurs in the second round rather than in the conference finals
Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:roll: at the Nuggets being better than the Mavs...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink

Thats just the way the cookie crumbles. In the East, there could be as many as four playoff teams with losing records. Meanwhile, in the West, the Kings, Jazz, and Hornets could all finish above .500 and only one of them gets in. Is that fair?