Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Vikings new QB

Obviously there is need for change at the position.
I myself do not think that the answer lies in the top 5-7 of the draft, where we will probably be drafting. I would rather see that pick go on value to get either Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, Kenny Philips ect.

I think the answer is a veteran, and there are a number of options that i have floating around.

Free Agency

Rex Grossman - No thank you
Tony Romo - Will be locked up
Chris Simms - Possible back up - good upside

Possible Cuts

McNabb - Doubt he will get cut, but i would jump all over the oppurtunity
Pennignton - Would be a good veteran to play while the future qb develops.

Restricted Free Agency

Derek Anderson - Will have high compensation
Charlie Frye - I still dont mind him, he is mobile and could fit our scheme - i wouldn't give up ,much though.

Pre Trade Deadline Trade

Pennignton - if we could get him for a third i would jump all over it, if we had a solid QB we would be 3-1 at least.

J.P Losman - I would love this but doubt the chances, He is still young so he could be the long term guy in Minni, nice and mobile, strong arm but maybe a victem of and untimley injury and a step up of Edwards.

So lets hear it. Who do yyou want under centre, next year or this year?
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont Say ud love to see Losman. He isnt that great of a QB. He has a good WR and cant even hit him. I dont know maybe because im surrounded by buffalo news but idk. I would love to see pennington tho.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its obvious yet that we have need there we need to let Tarvaris have a shot too many people assume he is nothing the guy has only started 4 games lets atleast let him start around 10 before we start assuming things. And i reall don't like any of those options outside of McNabb.

However if Tarvaris doesn't show any progression throughout the season, Matt Ryan is the QB I would like to draft next year. He has everything you look for in a franchise QB good size, decent decision making, Good touch on the ball, he's accurate, he can throw well on the move, and best of all he has a very quick release.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see what T-Jack can do today against Chicago.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

tjack played well, he made some nice throws and made a lot of good decisions and controlled the game. He probably will never be a Manning or Brady, but if he can be someone to control the game and move the offense, with our running game and our defense (well at least our rush D) we could be competitive
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tavaris jackson once again is another case of a QB being rushed into action..i thought he was supposed to be a developmental QB that wouldnt see the field til year 2 or 3 atleast.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO T-jack earned a pass with his play this week now to see what he does with the cowboys defense it should be a good test. Not that they have an amazing secondary but they have a very good #1 corner in Newman and they are very good at bringing the pressure. Im not expecting him to do much but if he doesn't turn it over i will be estatic.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
tavaris jackson once again is another case of a QB being rushed into action..i thought he was supposed to be a developmental QB that wouldnt see the field til year 2 or 3 atleast.

Thats how it was supposed to be...but we didnt realize just how bad Brad Johnson really is.

This is one of the reasons I think people are really jumping to conclusions when it comes to Jackson. People are forgetting that when we drafted him we had no intention of him even playing at his point in his career. He was definetly a project coming out and to think that hes reached his ceiling is pretty premature IMO. We just need to ride it out this year with him. Its not going to be pretty this year, but I dont think anyone can deny that he has the skillset to be a very good QB, he just needs to learn the mental part of the game, and that takes much much longer than 7 starts, especially for a 1AA quarterback.

He did show me a lot of promise in last weeks game, if only our receivers could catch the ball he would have been around 14-22 with close to 200 yards and no INTS, which as Vikes fans have been saying all along is the most important thing by far, especially this early in his development.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Dont Say ud love to see Losman. He isnt that great of a QB. He has a good WR and cant even hit him. I dont know maybe because im surrounded by buffalo news but idk. I would love to see pennington tho.
oh god no you wouldn't... maybe he needs a new team but he's been garbage this year
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pennington isnt a deep passer and thats what we need. We just need a QB who can throw dink dunk passes and then let the WR do. Pennington Could be able to do that.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Pennington isnt a deep passer and thats what we need. We just need a QB who can throw dink dunk passes and then let the WR do. Pennington Could be able to do that.

I agree. Pennington is still very accurate inside of 20-25 yards.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Andre Woodson, this team isn't going anywhere until we can find another top QB through the draft.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I would be disapointed if we drafted Andre Woodson to be honest. His spotty Mechanics and Slow Release worry me.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wont matter if the receivers can't catch the ball. Really we are better off just throwing hail marys and hoping someone catches them than having us knocking balls up in the air in front of the safeties.

I was one of the people big on the Brady Quinn wagon last year but TJ has impressed me. He played stupid against Detroit, but has been pretty solid other than that. Was very good against the Bears. I do wish he would back his legs more though, I have more faith in his wheels than in our wide outs hands...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I would be disapointed if we drafted Andre Woodson to be honest. His spotty Mechanics and Slow Release worry me.
so you'd rather have tj than basically a clone of jason campbell?
nemesis3394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want Matt Ryan somehow, but I don't want to sink a 1st rounder on a quarterback and Ryan seems to have surpassed 1st-2nd round fringe status to surefire 1st round pick.

My dream come true in the draft would be Kenny Phillips early in round 1 and then trading up and getting Matt Ryan somewhere after later in round 1. It'll never happen but I can dream...

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis3394 View Post
so you'd rather have tj than basically a clone of jason campbell?
its funny u say this...because any rookie QB brought in won't get to be eased in like Campbell....hell Tavaris wasn't suppose to play till year 2 or 3 and it only took a half a year....funny how you can compare prospects like they'll have the same output no matter what the circumstances.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
its funny u say this...because any rookie QB brought in won't get to be eased in like Campbell....hell Tavaris wasn't suppose to play till year 2 or 3 and it only took a half a year....funny how you can compare prospects like they'll have the same output no matter what the circumstances.
its true that tj was thrown to the wolves and he is still extremely raw but wouldnt you think that even woodson would complete more than six passes a game?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Nope i don't think woodson would complete more passes, not yesterday When the line was just letting the Cowboys pass rush come right on through. While at the same time the Viking WR couldnt get open to save their lives. And Andre Woodson definatly wouldn't have done much better in the bears game where Every Reciever dropped just about every pass Thrown to them.

And about the comment up there yea actually i would rather stick with TJ than take Woodson because i don't want woodson at all. If we were to take another QB Early in the Draft I would be fine with Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 10-22-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
NATIONALchamps

offseason plans

draft QB

draft big penetrator defensive tackle a player who just gets the jobs done

draft a cornerback that is at least 6'2

draft a safety that is no bigger that 6'2
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Nope i don't think woodson would complete more passes, not yesterday When the line was just letting the Cowboys pass rush come right on through. While at the same time the Viking WR couldnt get open to save their lives. And Andre Woodson definatly wouldn't have done much better in the bears game where Every Reciever dropped just about every pass Thrown to them.

And about the comment up there yea actually i would rather stick with TJ than take Woodson because i don't want woodson at all. If we were to take another QB Early in the Draft I would be fine with Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm.
what makes Ryan and Brohm so much better than Woodson? He's at least proven that he can beat a #1 team and put up very good competition against the best in the country while the other two are playing mediocre teams at best
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Woodson is so vastly over rated I don't care if he beat LSU because honestly when i watched him do so i wasn't that impressed with his performance neither was i impressed last week against Florida I watched him throw the ball out of bounds in the endzone a few times that would have been easy TD's the reciever was wide open but woodson missed him i saw it happen twice and than i stoped watching... Overall when i watch woodson play there is absolutly nothing about his play that screams Franchise QB to me... None of the Quaterbacks scream franchise QB to me but the best of the bunch is Matt Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris
However if Tarvaris doesn't show any progression throughout the season, Matt Ryan is the QB I would like to draft next year. He has everything you look for in a franchise QB good size, decent decision making, Good touch on the ball, he's accurate, he can throw well on the move, and best of all he has a very quick release.