Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-05-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Harris, Poz, Connor, and J Leman (maybe) over him. He is a fantastic player for a sophomore, but he is a bit over hyped.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see much of him since I don't follow Big 10 much. I remember he picked off Colt McCoy in the Texas game. He seemed like a really good player, and was around the ball a lot. Plus, he's got one of the coolest names out there, so that pretty much instantly makes him awesome. Seriously though, he probably can get into the late 1st round because he's a good commander in the middle and he's got pretty good size, especially as a sophmore. Some random comparisons off the top of my head are Dat Ngyuen and Gerrald Hayes. Hayes isn't so good. I can't really think of one right now. Maybe Matt Wilhelm but more athletic. Anyways, he's a pretty good player, probably a solid #2 in the Big 10 and should contend for the best LB next year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
'backer

JL is overrated. I would take Harris, J Leman, Poz and Connor over JL. He is good in coverage, with the obvious knack for the interception, and he is a good blitzer. However, he shows marginal instincts in the run game when it comes to shedding blocks and making the tackle.

He reminds me of Bobby Carpenter before he became a situational passrusher in his senior year, but Carpenter never got the same kind of recognition that JL is getting.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The poll question is worded badly. Obviously he is a good player, but I still feel he is overrated because of the team he is on and who his father was.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker
The poll question is worded badly. Obviously he is a good player, but I still feel he is overrated because of the team he is on and who his father was.
It's worded so the guy who made the thread got more votes, but it didn't work.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vitamin

JL is a good player but he is over rated an last season Poz, Connor, harris were all better players then him now this season i expect him 2 b the second best LB in the big10, an as for the Hawk comparison i don\'t see it, JL is bigger an isn\'t nearly as explosive as hawk was
Old 02-06-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hah

lol....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Is james Lauranitis overrated?

Quote:
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
I remember all the talk of Derrick Johnson not being able to shed blocks and how he would be a bust in the NFL. How did that work out?

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
Quote:
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
I remember all the talk of Derrick Johnson not being able to shed blocks and how he would be a bust in the NFL. How did that work out?
Oh thanks for reminding me that we were in the NFL thread.... Not to mention that doesn't make him not overrated...
Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
vitamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"swagger\"
Quote:
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn\'t shed a single block this whole season.
Dj has done nothin spectacular in the NFL and gets manhandled in the run game, also laurinitis does not have DJ\'s athleticism