Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 7: Cowboys vs Vikings Thread

Well, we'll see how good our run defense is this week. You guys keep saying our DL is fine and dandy because they stop the run, we'll they'll be tested "All Day" Sunday. Meanwhile, I'm sick of our DL and I think as a unit they are the weakest link. I hope Bradie James is up for this weeks game too. Ya'll know how little I think of him. Hopefully he can inspire his teammates for once instead of just being another guy out on the field. Ha! A guy can wish can't he?

Anyways, AD should blast through our Defense this week. I know I'm playing him on my fantasy team. LOL. Don't underestimate their defense either. We have a big challenge this week.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do realize that we rank 7th in the league with less than 80 yards a game defending the run right?

Now while I don't doubt AD going for over 80 yards...I don't buy him going over 4 yards a carry.

This game will be huge to test tackling..AD is the best runner in the league after contact...our gang tackling will have to be at it's best.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ronnie Brown only managed what... 33 yards against us? And I think he's a better RB at this point then AP - Now do I think we'll hold AP to under 50yds? No but I doubt he goes over 120 and 1 TD and if that's all the Vikings score on us, we should fly right past them.

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that scares me is the playmaking defense that the Vikes have. They are very aggresive and it's near impossible to run between the tackles on these guys. We ought to be careful and not shoot ourselves in the foot. But with some bad luck this could become a close game.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-16-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is special, but he is all they have on offense. Their pass offense may just be the worse in the NFC. IF we can't slow AD down enough to win, we don't deserve to mentioned in the same sentence as NE & Indy.

On offense, we won't run well, at least early. However, as good as Minn is on the front 7, they are that bad in the secondary. I think we throw the ball, throw the ball and then throw the ball some more. Then run in the 4th.

This is not a cakewalk game, but if we truly are the best team in the NFC, we should win this one going away.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Griese is throwing for 350+ against them, Romo should put up insane numbers. They are currently ranked dead last against the pass. This is another one of those games, that has blowout written all over it.There is no reason why we shouldnt win this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In this game we should go out with 3/4 WR and Witten like the Pats and spread them out. I don't think they can stop us. Plus, if we get a big lead they aren't catching up.

Really, balance isn't such a big deal when you can consistently spread out your opponents and throw quick passes against them. Return of the run and shoot?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Test for our team to establish the run. Garrett needs to step up and develop an Offensive personality.

Do we run to setup the pass or pass to setup the run?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Test for our team to establish the run. Garrett needs to step up and develop an Offensive personality.

Do we run to setup the pass or pass to setup the run?
I'd love to see us run on them but, it'll be tough. Honestly, the secondary is so bad that you really dont need a good game out of runningbacks to beat them. We could just beat them through the air. We should win handedly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I think we need to try and get Barber some quality touches... he hasn't been able to get in a groove in the past few games so hopefully we can get up early and just grind them down with the run in the second half.

Im looking for a big game from witten, he seems to do well against cover 2 teams (Minn plays a cover 2 right? Never see any of their games but that is what I seem to remember)

T.O. needs to start making the easy catches... I find myself cheering/getting excited when he makes average catches because I cant even expect that from him anymore..

Tavaris Jackson is a great athlete but hasn't polished the mental part of the game yet. Priority #1 needs to be shutting down A.D. If we do that we need to run 5 or 6 man blitz's, pressure jackson, and force him to throw some picks.

Im predicting our defense has one of its best days turnover wise and creates 4 turnovers.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'd love to see us run on them but, it'll be tough. Honestly, the secondary is so bad that you really dont need a good game out of runningbacks to beat them. We could just beat them through the air. We should win handedly.
You are correct but my read is this team needs a personality and with the amoutn of beef on that OLine we should have a Steelers mentality. We will run on you.

Plus I think Romo with play action is deadly because we have good receivers in the middle of the field.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this game home also?? I dont know why but I see AD trying to have a huge game coming back to Texas...scares me, but they have no passing game to stretch the field, williamson could beat us deep, but there is no reason why we shouldnt have this won by the 4th qt and be able to let barber run the rock down the stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually looking forward to see AD in game. Aside form highlights, I've haven't really seen him since he came into the league.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

1st down on the first series Hurray!!!

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This game isn't gonna be close...Garrett got creative from play one...thats good to see.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Damn we look good.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Audibles at the LOS who woulda thought of such a thing....stack them up let romo call it at the line I love it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raise your hand if you think we have a good run defense.
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Tony Romo had a perfect drive...only incompletion was a throwaway in the back of the endzone.

Designs by me
Quote:
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Hand Raised

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Imagine that Chris Canty with a stop behind the LOS...seems to happen a lot this year....he handles OG/OT's like a rag doll...sheds like a LB.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

How good is our defense going ot be once Henry and Newman are both on the field at the same time...I just can't wait to see Jones off the field.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

James has to make that tackle in the backfield....

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I don't see why they would never go for it on fourth and short. Our DL sucks.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

When we go to our one corner package...can anyone tell me why Reeves stays on the field and Newman goes off

Designs by me
Quote: