Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Chargers Acquire Chris Chambers

What do you guys think about this guy? We traded a 2nd rounder for him. Is that too much?

He should be able to help us out. There would be no one in the second round on the draft that could come in right away and contribute like Chambers. I don't like the talent in this years draft anyways.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was a great move! He has been a good WR with alot of inconsistencies at QB so i think this move will help his career and the talent at WR for the Chargers
Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think this trade helps both teams cuz the fins are rebuilding as we know and the chargers finally get that impact receiver that can take this team to the next level
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I posted much more detailed what I thought about the trade in the NFL forum..

But I like it. In summary, if you wanna read what I said in detail its there....but more or less it lets Vjax face easier matchups, puts Davis in a natrual spot for him (slot), makes it harder for secondaries to just focus on Gates, takes people out of the box for LT, and gives Rivers another target...

What I don't like is it phases out Eric Parker.

But this could be a move that springs us forward. It's a good thign we have the bye to get accustomed to the offense.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Eric Parker was placed on IR today aswell.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I think Eric Parker was placed on IR today aswell.
Yeah, I just saw that after I posted....thats a shame, he was the safety blanket all last year...although it looks like Rivers can use Gates for that.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think its a great fit for chris chambers struggling at miami not being able to do what hes capable of doing now he's here with chargers with phillip rivers gates and LT and VJ great fit for the offense chris is going to break out and have a great year i just know it. this was the boost we needed i have nothing but confidence in chris chambers.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.
Default No draft picks for Bolts

This trade gives the Chargers only one draft pick in the first 4 rounds of the 2008 draft (round 1) 3rd belongs to Chicago and 4th was used the the suplemental draft. It's gonna be a long draft for the Bolts when the day comes.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
This trade gives the Chargers only one draft pick in the first 4 rounds of the 2008 draft (round 1) 3rd belongs to Chicago and 4th was used the the suplemental draft. It's gonna be a long draft for the Bolts when the day comes.
yeah that doesnt really matter... JK17 put it much more eloquently but basically we dont need those picks... we have the young defenders we wanna let them develop etc etc..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a much better player than any WR the Chargers would be able to target in the mid/late 2nd round. When he's concentrating he's an elite WR.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree. This is basically the same argument all of us were having when AJ traded all those picks for Eric Weddle. We don't need all those draft picks. There isn't enough space on the roster. Chris Chambers is a veteran receiver who can take pressure off VJ to go from a No. 2 or 3 receiver last year with Keenan and Eric Parker, in front to being the No. 1 guy. Buster Davis can now line up in the slot against safeties, LBs or nickel corners who he can beat. We now have 3 tall, fast receivers as threats to keep those SS out of the box. Great trade, AJ the Swashbuckler, strikes again.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case anyone cares, Chambers will be wearing #89
Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
In case anyone cares, Chambers will be wearing #89
Ahh good...as if we needed more David Boston reminders....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Ahh good...as if we needed more David Boston reminders....
actually we do need reminders. Boston is not only a great wr, but a great person and teammate. We should be lucky to have had him on our team.. what a class act that guy..

sig by bosanac01
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
actually we do need reminders. Boston is not only a great wr, but a great person and teammate. We should be lucky to have had him on our team.. what a class act that guy..
Ahh yes, my favorite part would be him lashing out at our team trainer, or remarking on how his personal physique was more importnat then then the team....

What an asshole...
Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I agree. This is basically the same argument all of us were having when AJ traded all those picks for Eric Weddle. We don't need all those draft picks. There isn't enough space on the roster. Chris Chambers is a veteran receiver who can take pressure off VJ to go from a No. 2 or 3 receiver last year with Keenan and Eric Parker, in front to being the No. 1 guy. Buster Davis can now line up in the slot against safeties, LBs or nickel corners who he can beat. We now have 3 tall, fast receivers as threats to keep those SS out of the box. Great trade, AJ the Swashbuckler, strikes again.
Interesting, i hadnt really payed any attention to it until you said it. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that we have 3 nearly identical recievers. They're tall, which is good. THey're fast, which is good. But who is quick? Do we have that guy? or a better question, do we need that guy? Our intent is for buster to be that guy, but alot of his routes are streaks and comebackers.. we need to exploit the middle and honestly, I dont like the chances of tall recievers doing that.. and i dont like the chances of a rookie reciever doin it either..

sig by bosanac01
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

We really don't need a middle of the field WR, b/c we have Antonio Gates to work the middle. Norv can coach up Buster Davis, look what he did to SF offense last year. They got Darrell Jackson and lost Norv and now its abysmal. AJ Smith has got stones like none other, more power to him.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
Interesting, i hadnt really payed any attention to it until you said it. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that we have 3 nearly identical recievers. They're tall, which is good. THey're fast, which is good. But who is quick? Do we have that guy? or a better question, do we need that guy? Our intent is for buster to be that guy, but alot of his routes are streaks and comebackers.. we need to exploit the middle and honestly, I dont like the chances of tall recievers doing that.. and i dont like the chances of a rookie reciever doin it either..
I dont think that they are the same at all. VJ is huge, and fast, faster TO with worse hands. Chris Chambers is a very good no 2 WR, and Buster is a good slot guy, referring his play at LSU, when he had help from Dwayne Bowe and Early Doucet. None of those guys need to be No. 1s, Gates is a no 1.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I dont think that they are the same at all. VJ is huge, and fast, faster TO with worse hands. Chris Chambers is a very good no 2 WR, and Buster is a good slot guy, referring his play at LSU, when he had help from Dwayne Bowe and Early Doucet. None of those guys need to be No. 1s, Gates is a no 1.
well yeah but dont you think that VJ and chambers are similar? lets be honest here, Vj is a better athlete then he is a reciever, thats been my opinion all along. i personally like the idea that we have tall recievers cause i love that stuff in the redzone. But honestly, i dont think we have an option to exploit the middle of the field. I mean, gates is a te so hes the best bet there.. but we really dont have any wr that can run little "Patriot" routes.. thats all i mean by it

sig by bosanac01
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

That's a good point, we don't have that Wes Welker type of guy; however, Chris Chambers is not that tall. He's listed at 5-11, which surprised me. VJ is getting better, and I agree, that he is a better athlete right now than WR. Because he's a veteran, teams must respect him. Teams haven't really done that with VJ and Buster b/c they haven't proved themselves, yet. I definitely understand your point, though.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

One game and he already has made an impact. AJ Smith looks like a genious again
Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Chris Chambers is our best reciever. How sad is that? Gates is a tight end but hes obviiosly the best recieving threat we have, but in terms of wide outs Chambers has proved his worth in 2 games. Vincent Jackson is no differnt than a fast linebacker, craig davis is still a rookie... and we have no other options.. This fact is a saddening one. especially considering we found a way to not be able to run the ball and all of a sudden we're relying on rivers to win games.. whats up with that?

sig by bosanac01
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

AJ Smith looks like a genious for this trade.

i realize I have now said this twice
Old 12-25-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Since acquiring Chambers, the Chargers are 7-2.

Rivers Before- 6 Games: 7 INT 7 TD Sacked 9 times 5 fumbles... 3 sub 200 yard games

Rivers After- 9 Games: 8 INT 12 TD Sacked 12 times 5 fumbles... 6 sub 200 yard games

How effective has Chambers been? The team is winning, Rivers is playing better, but the stats dont illustrate a change. If Rivers has always been a constant, whats the explanation for the turn around?

sig by bosanac01
Old 12-25-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Chambers has been in my opinion the most important member of this offense because his presence has kept teams a little more honest against Gates and LT in the passing game. Philip Rivers finally has a legit #1 option