Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-05-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Dennis Dixon or Brady Leaf

Personally I hope it Dennis Dixon, I hate Brady hes just like his brother and he cant throw the ball, dixon can throw and run hes just way skinny. Any thoughts on who will be the number one QB at Oregon next year?
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw Leaf play aganist ASU and he did really good but u can say the same for Dixon

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Brady Leaf

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i dont know, i havent really been impressed with either of them so far

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Neither really. Its time to look to the recruiting. I thought Dixon was going to get a final shot at WR? Or is he being offered the reigns again?
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon gives them the best shot to win IMO.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon, but neither of them look any good against BYU, but that was prob the coaches fault for switching them.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want my QB in the same gene pool as ryan leaf
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516
Yea, i guess ill agree with that. I didnt see much of Oregon last season, but they just seemed to play better when Dixon was in.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon is terrible. 7-5 record, and got blown out by all the ranked teams except the cheating at OU.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
omecool20

I am going to give Brady a chance and see how he performs in the next few seasons. Still, he has the Leaf name there ... so ... let's hope Ryan's karma does not befell Brady ;-)
Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knowing Bellotti, we'll probably see a lot of both this year. If we would have stuck with Dixon from the get go, he'd probably be much further along in his development. However, that concept seems to have completely missed Bellotti's gray matter. I'm not sure how much of a say our new OC Chip Kelly will have in these decisions, but I'm guessing that Bellotti will continue his love affair with the dual QB system. After all, it's nonexistent advantages obviously far outweigh it's many obvious flaws. Leaf really has no place in our offense. Dixon is perfect for it (at least athletically.) I don't think either of them has an advantage upstairs. Hopefully Chip will mesh with them well, and it will show on the field. Both of them often seemed to get lost for long stretches last season. We need to find a way to fully utilize Dixon's natural talent. I think we need to dumb down the offense in order to do that. If we keep yanking him for Leaf, and vice versa, then we will again underachieve this year. I think if we show some confidence in Dixon and just give him the reigns and let him go out and play his game, then we'll be very competitive.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Salami

Dual QBs almost never work out. Except for maybe Keith Smith and Ortege Jenkins at Arizona several years ago. Opposing teams assumed Smith was the drop-back passer and Jenkins the runner, but Smith was actually the faster runner.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:51 AM    (permalink
bigG
Rookie

bigG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Dixon will win the job in the spring. The new offensive coordinator from New Hampshire Chip Kelly had a pretty mobile QB and Dixon seems to fit that system better.
bigG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Brady Leaf better get the starting spot

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dixon is more of an athlete so I'll go with him.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.
Cool

Dixxxxxonnnn

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a couple games last season for Oregon and i liked the way Dixon played and i didnt see much of Brady but Ill Dixon should be the one.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that dixon should get the PT as i think he gives oregon a better chance of winning with his legs. he is fast and i think that if he can make better decisions this year(like when to throw, when to run) he should outshine leaf
Old 03-04-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
were not talking about prospects.I'll go with Brady.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Ryan Brady Quinn Leaf, this is clearly a sign!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither of the two will be the starter at Oregon next year. Nathan Costa will be their starter. I wouldn't give the starting job to either Dixon or Leaf. Both have a hard time winning and are inconsistent. Costa is the future for them and they need to start him now.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I wouldnt wanna be a tony romo fan......Tony Romo is the biggest embarrassment to the NFL.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Neither of the two will be the starter at Oregon next year. Nathan Costa will be their starter. I wouldn't give the starting job to either Dixon or Leaf. Both have a hard time winning and are inconsistent. Costa is the future for them and they need to start him now.
You don't know what you're talking about. Costa will play when it's his time. I agree he will be good, but he will have growing pains just like Dixon has. Nobody is immune to that. Why clear your crops just before harvest? The only way he sees the field this year is in garbage time.