Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-16-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
I hope City kick the **** out of Utd.
We have that in common.

But the second I wake up I'm pretty much heading downtown for the Sabres game, so I won't know for a while.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a bit off topic...

I just purchased the Fifa 10 video game, and I'm messing around and want to make a young team of studs to develop and play with. I knowa decent amount about the sport and it's players but my knowledge of the prospects is a little shotty. So if you guys were to put together a starting line up of the best 21 and under players who would you pick?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 21 and under team, interesting, I'll have to have a think about it to refine this I am posting, but off the top of my head...

GK - Sergio Asenjo (Atletico Madrid, 20 years old)

LB - Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur, 20 years old), Has been playing LW for Spurs and been much better there, but he will be an LB on game
RB - Davide Santon (Inter, 19 years old)
CB - Mamadou Sakho (Paris St-Germain, 20 years old)
CB - Jerome Boateng (Hamburg SV, 21 years old)

CM - Sergio Busquets (Barcelona, 21 years old)
CM - Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur, 19 years old)
CM - Javi Martinez (Atletic Bilbao, 21 years old)

ST - Alexandre Pato (Milan, 20 years old)
ST - Mario Balotelli (Inter, 19 years old)
ST - Sergio Aguero (Atletico, 20 years old)

If wanted could drop a striker, put in Juan Mata (Valencia, 21 years old) at LW and find an RW, or play Pato out there as a very attacking formation and drop a CM. Danny Rose could also likely be replaced, am having a bit of a brain fart, he looks great though.

If you want a more general list of players I could provide that too, I'll warn though that CB in particular is very thin at that age.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Micah Richards is a another defender worth looking at. He could play CB if necessary.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 04-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theo Walcott is probably gonna be a beastly RW on the game too, though in real life he sucks...

Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
This is a bit off topic...

I just purchased the Fifa 10 video game, and I'm messing around and want to make a young team of studs to develop and play with. I knowa decent amount about the sport and it's players but my knowledge of the prospects is a little shotty. So if you guys were to put together a starting line up of the best 21 and under players who would you pick?
lets play online sometime
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Would people be up for an age restricted draft sometime? Just curious, doing that research has made me realise I dont know too much about the young guns

Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would consider Ozil and/or Marin as well, that very well may be the homer in me speaking but those are two fantastically gifted 21 year olds who's only really problem is that they play for Werder. Ozil's the better of the two although as Marin's consistency increases he'll close that gap and very well could surpass Ozil as he's quicker.

Speaking of Fifa10 is it any good? Haven't bought a fifa a game in a couple of years and don't really have the time to play it as much as I would want to but I have been thinking about grabbing it for a few weeks now.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tottenham Hotspur ftw?

I think so!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
lets play online sometime
add me: Buddha Brown

Quote:
Speaking of Fifa10 is it any good? Haven't bought a fifa a game in a couple of years and don't really have the time to play it as much as I would want to but I have been thinking about grabbing it for a few weeks now.
I've only played a couple matches but so far so good, I like it a lot.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I would consider Ozil and/or Marin as well, that very well may be the homer in me speaking but those are two fantastically gifted 21 year olds who's only really problem is that they play for Werder. Ozil's the better of the two although as Marin's consistency increases he'll close that gap and very well could surpass Ozil as he's quicker.

I was very tempted to put in Ozil, but with me putting 3 up front I wanted a bit more of a solid player.

Marin I don't know much about tbh, but Ozil was amazing at the U-21 tournament.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone Play PES 2010? I like that game a lot more then FIFA.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Anyone Play PES 2010? I like that game a lot more then FIFA.
I haven't played any '10 soccer games yet. I did like Fifa 09 though. I don't know who won the '10 wars.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of EA Sports.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a big fan of EA Sports.
although I'm not particularly crazy about everything they do I think they generally do a decent job. But they're just big fish in a small pond so there's a lot of criticism...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-18-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FIFA surpassed PES this year and last year in the opinion of most everyone. 10 is a tremendous game.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I was very tempted to put in Ozil, but with me putting 3 up front I wanted a bit more of a solid player.

Marin I don't know much about tbh, but Ozil was amazing at the U-21 tournament.
You really should check Marin out, Ozil's a better shooter and passer, although Marin is very good at both of those things as well, while Marin is quicker on the ball, Ozil's really crafty with the ball but Marin's just about as crafty but significantly shiftier. The two of them are awesome and as a german fan I'm giddy with our attacking talent, Ozil, Marin, Trochowski, Kroos and Muller is a wonderful group of young wingers to carry the load once Ballack hangs up the boots.

EDIT: Here's some youtube clips, for what they're worth:

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
FIFA surpassed PES this year and last year in the opinion of most everyone. 10 is a tremendous game.
Even WC 2010 looks amazing.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Even WC 2010 looks amazing.
it's probably not gonna be worth the money though. Usually those tourney specials aren't quite as good as the annual edition.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
it's probably not gonna be worth the money though. Usually those tourney specials aren't quite as good as the annual edition.
Sometimes I wish they'd incorporate WC/Euro etc into select yearly games. Like WC 10 only found in FIFA 10.

At least we know that what is seen in WC 2010 will be improved on by the time FIFA 11 comes out.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Sometimes I wish they'd incorporate WC/Euro etc into select yearly games. Like WC 10 only found in FIFA 10.

At least we know that what is seen in WC 2010 will be improved on by the time FIFA 11 comes out.
They should just make it like a 15 dollar special edition DLC thing. Everyone would buy that. To buy a full price product which is going to be absolete in a month or two (assuming Fifa 11 comes out in august as always) is just stupid.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

What is Marko Marin's decent? Sounds Bosnian.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What is Marko Marin's decent? Sounds Bosnian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by come on Bos, wikipedia doesn't bite
Full name Marko Marin
Date of birth 13 March 1989 (1989-03-13) (age 21)
Place of birth Bosanska Gradiška, SFR Yugoslavia
I hope this helps.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I hope this helps.
LOL first sentence on wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks Addict
Marko Marin (born 13 March 1989 in Bosanska Gradiška) is a German footballer of Bosnian descent[2] playing for Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga as a winger.
Damn you Germans stole a good one. Haha. Just like Swedish got Ibra, who is also of Bosnian decent. Among others.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2010, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Damn you Germans stole a good one. Haha. Just like Swedish got Ibra, who is also of Bosnian decent. Among others.
I kinly refer you to Renji (GOW), our resident German. I'm Dutch, we only steal players from Marocco, Surinam or the Dutch Antilles.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC