Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Arsenal couldn't even beat PSV, and Barca won't advance. They need a 2 goal victory or 3 goals plus penalties. Not gonna happen. Madrid and Bayern stink. Chelsea is the favourite in a slim margin over Man U.
Barca has some of the most explosive offensive firepower in the world, they still have a good shot to advance.

Mark my words, Chelsea will not win. They'll be mismanaged.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barca is having alot of problems latelly with the bust up with Eto and Ronaldinho, and alot of problems with the manager Rijkaard but they have too much talent to count them out. Chelsea isnt built for a Champions league run, the defense is to physical and give up to many penalities. Well Liverpool really battered Ronaldinho around in the last game and didnt get that many calls against, at least not as many as they deserve. My moneys on Man U, the addition of Larsson i think really puts them over the top. Plus Ronaldo is in the best form of anyone in the world right now, and essentially just scores at will. Solid back 4 as well.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casskid View Post
Plus Ronaldo is in the best form of anyone in the world right now, and essentially just scores at will.
Ronaldo is one ony my favorite players and he does score at will just not in the Champions League he has 1 career goal in 27 UEFA cup games. But it doesnt matter Man U will win.

Predictions for tommorow:

Chelsea 2-1 FC Porto
Robben 26'
González 56'
Drogba 80'

Liverpool 0-1 Barcelona
Eto'o 65'

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict that Barca will have a 2-0 lead heading into the 80th min and the hold on the series, but Crouch heads it home in the 83rd and Liverpool moves on. Saviola and Iniesta score for Barca.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

True, but Ronaldo has never been in such form before either, and i really think he'll step it up to show that he can play and produce on any stage. I remember hearing a rumor for a swap of Ronaldo and Eto'o, i hope that doesnt go threw for Man U's sake. Eto'o while an amazing goal scorer, is very selfish and having to split time with Rooney up front will not make him happy.

Also going after Hargreves doesnt really help Man U in the long run. They over paid for Carrick to play more of a defensive role, you need to look into replacing Scholes and Giggs, who Man U doesnt have anyone to replace them. Richardson and Fletcher are not capable everyday replacements.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know this is a little late, but did anyone see the West Ham v. Tottenham game on Sunday?

With out a doubt one of the best, most exiting games I've ever watched. Tottenham showed incredible resilience and really showed their quality. And what a heart-breaking defeat for the soon to be relegated Hammers.

Dimitar Berbatov was great again on Sunday and is really proving to be one of the world’s best strikers. I hope to God that he stays with Spurs because he is really a special player and I'm salivating just thinking of the one two punch that Aaron Lennon and Berbatov will be 2 years from now when Lennon is 21 and Berbs 27. I really think Spurs are going to contend for the premiership and make the top 4 in the next 2 years

I can't wait for the Chelsea game on Sunday.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Liverpool dominated the first half vs Barcelona, they could easily be up 2-0 right now, great half for Liverpool. And Chelsea is down 1-0 at half. Im so glad i have ESPN deportes and Classic for these matches.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Barcelona won that game but Liverpool outplayed them, great comeback by Chelsea.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-06-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chose to watch Liverpool v Barca (ITV needs to get some sky sports esque multi game choice on the same channel available through digital), class game. Liverpool played almost faultless football and we deserving to go through.

Will try catch the rest of the games goals later if I dont pass out from being so tired. Heard Ballack scored for Chelsea and Roma were 2-0 up in Lyon sealing that one, what it finished I dont know.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was sick all day so I missed everything. Chelsea, Liverpool, Roma & Valencia advanced, right?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
snuff

I dont know why you can't delete posts.... It would mkae the world a better place.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Ronaldo is one ony my favorite players and he does score at will just not in the Champions League he has 1 career goal in 27 UEFA cup games. But it doesnt matter Man U will win.

Predictions for tommorow:

Chelsea 2-1 FC Porto
Robben 26'
González 56'
Drogba 80'

Liverpool 0-1 Barcelona
Eto'o 65'
Ace predicting.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I enjoyed that game, Liverpool were clearly the better team. It would have been so undeserving if they went out.

Chelsea turned it on when it counted, although Robbens goal was a absolute shocker.

So much for the perenial "darkhorses" Lyon, who again failed to "surprise". Roma may replace them with that tag.

You got to feel sorry for Inter too, who dominated there first leg, only to go out on the stupid away goals.

Mark it down though, I think Real Madrid will win this year, now that nobody expects nothing out of them.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to the draw Friday, I think we might get Valencia, Rafa against his former club, former Liverpool striker Morientes there and current target David Villa there as well, too many connections for us to stay apart I think.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
So much for the perenial "darkhorses" Lyon, who again failed to "surprise". Roma may replace them with that tag.
It's Gerard Houllier, I tell ya, something happens to him in the big game and his sides suffer, it happened to us as well when he was here. Great tactician though and a decent, although not spectacular, talent evaluator.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Ace predicting.
I know, i didnt get who scored exactly right but i was dead on when I predicted both the 0-1 (barca) and 2-1 (Chelsea) score.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tommorrow is going to be great Man U goes against Lille
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Predictions:

Man U 2-0 Lille
Giggs 12'
Larsson 62'

Arsenal 1-1 PSV

Bayren 2-1 Real Madrid

first to 500 posts
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Mark it down though, I think Real Madrid will win this year, now that nobody expects nothing out of them.
They are probably the worst team left in the pool. They have no rhythm and Beckham and Reyes are injured. They're just lucky to be playing Bayern who have similar troubles.

Bayern 1, Real 0

Pizarro - 64th

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Man U 1 - 0 Lille
Arsenal 0 - 1 PSV
Bayern 2 - 1 Real Madrid
AC Milan 2 - 0 Celtic

Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Predictions:

Man U 2-0 Lille
Giggs 12'
Larsson 62'

Arsenal 1-1 PSV

Bayren 2-1 Real Madrid
you a betting man? with form like that i know someone who'd like to get some more predictions from you lol
Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Predictions:

Man U 2-0 Lille
Giggs 12'
Larsson 62'

Arsenal 1-1 PSV

Bayren 2-1 Real Madrid
Nice one with the Larsson prediction. Kaka just advanced Milan.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

tcu is unreal
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I never would've thought PSV would advance this far.

sig by BoneKrusher