Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daMbxOceaac

cool video introducing the 23 of the US
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

turkey is gonna rape.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spector has been getting toasted.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love to see Howard ream out the defense, makes US soccer seem important
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Bradley needs to pull his head out of his ass; his passing has been pretty poor all half.

Turkey keeps getting isolating our center backs using the space behind Spector (Turan) when he pushes up or behind Bradley (Tuncay) when he does that same. Where the hell is Ricardo Clark? It's not like he's being involved on offense, so he ought to be in position to cover for more talented players in the event they choose to push up.

Altidore's been anonymous aside from the one run, but holy crap what a run. All it takes is that one moment to level the match.

I like the preliminary look of these subs. Except Findley, maybe.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey look, Bradley, this is what happens when you play Torres. He's playing amazing and the team is overall playing better. It's ok, I completely expect you to bench him next game and then barely play him in the WC.

Findley is also playing pretty good. But his inexperience is showing. He needs to keep his head up and make better decisions.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torres is brilliant.........really gives us some creativity and passing from midfield. I hope we see him some in the WC.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holden and Torres both need to play. I'm nervous about our back with Bornstein and Spector though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
turkey is gonna rape.
they've got a pretty decent team though. Arda Turan, Nihat... just think of how good they'd be if all those immigrant turkish guys would declare for turkey... Amazing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arda Turan is ******* amazing!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to play you guys in a friendly. We'll show you how to play some grind it out football!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
Arda Turan is ******* amazing!
that he is. Only a matter of time before ze Germans get to him, they seem to have a pretty decent pipeline with Turkey going on. He's gonna be a real star someday.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-29-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
that he is. Only a matter of time before ze Germans get to him, they seem to have a pretty decent pipeline with Turkey going on. He's gonna be a real star someday.
I thought once you cap with a country you're not allowed to switch?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think he meant on the club level? Dude's got 38 caps for Turkish senior team, no way he is able to play for the german national team. PLus most of the turks who've palyed for german did so because they were immigrants who lived in Germany.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I ment club teams. There are some rules under which you can switch, I believe not playing as an international for 5 years allows you to effectively change national teams.

But I ment clubs. German Bundesliga seems to have quite a ways of getting turkish players to come towards them. Expect Turan in a Bayern jersey soon.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-29-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah he can't switch national teams now but he will probably play in the bundesliga. i can't believe how young he is. i remember him from a few years ago and he has quite the potential to be a world class winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Can't wait to play you guys in a friendly. We'll show you how to play some grind it out football!
what are you thoughts on the aussie national team? being a huge korea fan, i know about pim verbeek and i sympathize for the aussie fans. his style is just ridiculously mundane and relies way too heavily on a target man.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I ment club teams. There are some rules under which you can switch, I believe not playing as an international for 5 years allows you to effectively change national teams.

But I ment clubs. German Bundesliga seems to have quite a ways of getting turkish players to come towards them. Expect Turan in a Bayern jersey soon.
I dunno, Bayern's already god Ribery and Robben locked up long term and have Kroos coming back. As for the turks in the Bundesliga many of them moved to germany before their football career. There's just a lot of Turks in germany so there's a turkish population for the turkish players to connect with.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Oh ok sorry for the mixup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno, Bayern's already god Ribery and Robben locked up long term and have Kroos coming back. As for the turks in the Bundesliga many of them moved to germany before their football career. There's just a lot of Turks in germany so there's a turkish population for the turkish players to connect with.
I checked and you're right. Although the Altintop brothers and arguably the biggest talent of Turkey, Nuri Sahin do in fact play in germany I guess most of the Turkish stars play in Turkey .

Fenerbahçe is quite a respectable club anyway. But don't make the mistake of thinking Bayern is set. Ribéry might still leave for greener pastures (he won't find them but he'll start looking) and Robbin is injury prone. Kroos is coming through but you can never have enough wingers and there is no guarantee that he'll continue to devellop, whereas Turan is pretty much established as a top winger talent.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-29-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post

what are you thoughts on the aussie national team? being a huge korea fan, i know about pim verbeek and i sympathize for the aussie fans. his style is just ridiculously mundane and relies way too heavily on a target man.
Australia is one of those teams that are always going to be tough. We have a nice history with Dutch coaches and we have played well under Verbeek the last couple of years.

He actually fits our style. We have never been an overly creative field and we always rely on a tough defense and solid counter attacks to help us win games. We are a ridiulously hard team to score on and I expect that to continue.

We have a nice target man in Josh Kennedy who is fairly decent at holding up the ball. Our one glaring weakness is that we rely too much offensively on Tim Cahill. If he doesn't score, we are usually in trouble. Thankfully he is awesome and can single handedly win us games.

I expect another good showing from us at the world cup with the quarters probably being our peak this year due to some tough match ups.

Hell, we could have gone a long way last World Cup if we weren't robbed by the Italians.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I checked and you're right. Although the Altintop brothers and arguably the biggest talent of Turkey, Nuri Sahin do in fact play in germany I guess most of the Turkish stars play in Turkey .

Fenerbahçe is quite a respectable club anyway. But don't make the mistake of thinking Bayern is set. Ribéry might still leave for greener pastures (he won't find them but he'll start looking) and Robbin is injury prone. Kroos is coming through but you can never have enough wingers and there is no guarantee that he'll continue to devellop, whereas Turan is pretty much established as a top winger talent.
Sahin was another guy who grew up in germany and for long time it was thought he'd end up on the German senior team.

I just don't see Bayern shelling out big bucks on another winger. Ribery just signed an extension, Robben just had the best year of his career and Kroos did very well for Leverkusen and could beat out Marin for the spot opposite Ozil in the national side by the 2012 EC. Plus Mueller does quite well dropping off to the sides when he's not up top behind the striker.

Meanwhile they still have no long term solution in net, need another starting back, and preferably two of them, and they could use a striker who fits better with Mueller, Robben and Ribery. Olic is pretty good but upgradeable, Gomez is an underachiever and Klose really had a disappointing campaign.

Not denying Bayern could use another quality striker, but they have bigger fish to fry first.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

So I just filled out my bracket on espn and got the following teams making it out of their groups
A
Mexico
South Africa

B
Argentina
Nigeria

C
England
Slovenia

D
Germany
Serbia

E
Netherlands
Cameroon

F
Italy
Slovakia

G
Brazil
Ivory Coast

H
Spain
Chile

with Serbia v Brazil and Germany v Ivory Coast as my final four. Germans winning it all of course.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance South Africa gets past Uruguay, France and Mexico.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, South Africa isn't good. Like, at all. Unless 2 of those teams spontaneously combust, they aren't getting through.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

so i know it was just a friendly but the kiwis beat serbia today. wow.