Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him take it, but I trust your judgement.
But you don't trust me even though I was at the match? It was from left hand side and wipped into the far corner, meaning that it was an inswinger and as such would have to be taken by a right footed player, Ronaldo.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
But you don't trust me even though I was at the match? It was from left hand side and wipped into the far corner, meaning that it was an inswinger and as such would have to be taken by a right footed player, Ronaldo.
I know, I've seen the highlights again. I was just confused because I saw Giggs standing over the ball and then the camera angle changed so I couldn't see who took it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Goodbye King Henrik.

You stayed here only 10 weeks yet you made one hell of an impact.

What a great couple of perfromances by United, getting the result when it mattered. Well done lads, now let's concentrate on the tittle.

And can people please call it the Champions League? It is not the UEFA Cup, it is a completly different competition.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys catch the Valencia, Inter brawl?

David Navarro is a little wus. Comes in, clocks the guy, and runs away. Kind of funny to watch him get chased though.

Anyway, Inter should have won that one. They couldn't do anything with their opportunities.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

what was up with Arsenal? after that own goal from PSV all they needed to do was play good defense which they havent been able to do lately at all. frustrating

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would give my first born for Larson to stay and complete the season
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Predictions:

Man U 2-0 Lille
Giggs 12'
Larsson 62'

Arsenal 1-1 PSV

Bayren 2-1 Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
you a betting man? with form like that i know someone who'd like to get some more predictions from you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
tcu is unreal
Thats two days in a row of ace-like predictions, im upset that Man U only got 1 goal today or else my predictions would have been absolutly dead on, like i was for tuesdays games. Well see for the next round.

Im just glad that we got a consistent group of people who contribute to the thread and we have people who know a lot about the game overseas.

Lets just make sure to continue with this thread becuase it the only place i can talk about soccer with people who know more than more, because where i live i dont know of anyone who cares about European football.

and stay tuned for more predictions from me.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts

Last edited by TCU : 03-08-2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man U is in some serious trouble over the next few weeks... the striker problem is very troublesome
Old 03-08-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
You guys catch the Valencia, Inter brawl?

David Navarro is a little wus. Comes in, clocks the guy, and runs away. Kind of funny to watch him get chased though.

Anyway, Inter should have won that one. They couldn't do anything with their opportunities.
It was like Carmelo Anthony in that NBA brawl, comes in, breaks the guys nose and then chips it after realising what he's done!

There's a photo gallery of the brawl for people who missed it HERE

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Thats two days in a row of ace-like predictions, im upset that Man U only got 1 goal today or else my predictions would have been absolutly dead on, like i was for tuesdays games. Well see for the next round.

Im just glad that we got a consistent group of people who contribute to the thread and we have people who know a lot about the game overseas.

Lets just make sure to continue with this thread becuase it the only place i can talk about soccer with people who know more than more, because where i live i dont know of anyone who cares about European football.

and stay tuned for more predictions from me.
Agreed. I was suprised anyone on an NFL draft site would care about 'soccer' in the first place, but it's cool there are a few. Now I just gotta get you all to support Crystal Palace. Former home of USA internationals Gregg Berhalter and Jovan Kirovski. We pretty much suck though, so I dont really recommend it.

We do have an academy out in the states though, and a team I believe. We've already had a few American youngsters over to train and stuff.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
Man U is in some serious trouble over the next few weeks... the striker problem is very troublesome
But they have Ole Gunnar..... :D

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
But they have Ole Gunnar..... :D
But he's injured for a couple of months, as is Saha.

Which means we have Rooney and Smith who is just returning from injur and we're entering the most important part of the season.

But yeah, it's wicked apart from that...:|
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

I can't see Fergie not making a huge play to keep Larson at the last moment... but all signs point to him not... sad
Old 03-08-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Arsenal havent been able to defend set pieces all year, and it finally bit them in the ass. PSV was supposed to be on a skid as well and it should have been a cake walk for Arsenal but no dice. No one really comes out of these first knockout stages as a lock for the championship, it should be really interesting from here on out.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another great win for Spurs today, the stiker group of Keano, Berbs, Defoe and Mido is one of the best in the world and mark my words; Tottenham is going to win a major cup this year.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pXRUmFNM3...elated&search=

video of the Valencia vs Inter 1/8 Champions League BRAWL for anyone who wants to see, it was an ok fight.

And yeah Tottenham is looking pretty solid right now.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Agreed. I was suprised anyone on an NFL draft site would care about 'soccer' in the first place, but it's cool there are a few. Now I just gotta get you all to support Crystal Palace. Former home of USA internationals Gregg Berhalter and Jovan Kirovski. We pretty much suck though, so I dont really recommend it.

We do have an academy out in the states though, and a team I believe. We've already had a few American youngsters over to train and stuff.

Good luck with that. Hopefully, they'd sooner support Coventry.

To be honest I had you as 2nd favourites for promotion this year. I can't figure out why your doing so averagely. Maybe selling Johnson and losing your excellent coach (now at us), is why your doing so bad. I like your chairman, he's young and ambitious
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
Good luck with that. Hopefully, they'd sooner support Coventry.

To be honest I had you as 2nd favourites for promotion this year. I can't figure out why your doing so averagely. Maybe selling Johnson and losing your excellent coach (now at us), is why your doing so bad. I like your chairman, he's young and ambitious
I like Dowie as well, but he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect. Hopefully he is young and determined enough to iron some of his problems out (his record with transfers is a massive issue). His total inability to work with certain players didn't seem to improve at all either. On Palace, we sold our only good striker and 3/4 of our defence, our midfield has been riddled with injury to the point where players like Lawrence and Kennedy have been starting in the middle. Ben Watson should start his first game of '07 this week though.

It was always going to be a tough year.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have not checked here in a while........pretty cool this thread is still going strong. Anyway, I am shocked Inter is out. I had them pegged to win the whole thing.

Personally I am pumped for the UEFA cup as Newcastle has to be one of the favorites. The 4-2 win over AZ was a good start to the leg. Conceding 2 away goals is never good, but I dont see AZ beating us by 2 even if they are at home.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'm pumped for this weekend:

Barca-Real Madrid on Saturday

Inter-AC Milan on Sunday

Those are the games I get plus some mediocre Primera/Bundesliga/Serie A action, but I'm shocked to find that I don't get any FA Cup coverage. Chelsea and Tottenham are my two favourite teams to watch and I don't even get that game.

Robbie Keane is a tank.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I like Dowie as well, but he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect. Hopefully he is young and determined enough to iron some of his problems out (his record with transfers is a massive issue). His total inability to work with certain players didn't seem to improve at all either. On Palace, we sold our only good striker and 3/4 of our defence, our midfield has been riddled with injury to the point where players like Lawrence and Kennedy have been starting in the middle. Ben Watson should start his first game of '07 this week though.

It was always going to be a tough year.
I often get stick for my support of Dowie, but as soon as we fired Adams, I was begging we appointed him. He did wonders at Oldham and you, especially to get you promoted when you were relegation candidates going into that season. I thought he would be good for Charlton, and I couldn't understand why he was sacked. He seems a good tactition and good with the media.

What's happened with Watson? He was a good young player the year you were in the premiership, and I thought he would go onto better things.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

This is what i want to happen, this is not my prediction of what will happen.

I want Chelsea to win it but if i had to put my money on it i wouldnt take them to win. So post what you want or think will happen.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

You post what you think will happen, because you will probably be right. There could easily be 3 English teams in the final 4. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chelsea over Roma in the final, and yes that means I think Roma will upset Man U. I might be a little biased because that Mancini goal was just plain brilliant and now I like them because of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N19h4N7o4Q0 (in french hehe)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ncp_Tt45R...elated&search= (in italian)

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-09-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

David Villa will not let me down GO VALENCIA
Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am going with Bayren to at least make it to the finals. If they get past AC i think they can handle Man U with issues, and Roma as well.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote