Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-09-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I heard, yeah. I just dont buy that the clause is 10 million. Someone would have bid for him already if that was the case. If it is 10 million, I'm sure Ashley is scrambling to renegotiate the contract as we speak to bump the clause up. If Demba leaves, I'm pretty sure it won't be for 10 million, probably closer to 30 or 40. Just doesn't make sense to me that the clause is for 10 and we haven't received bids.
Apparently its not 10 mill but its less. Harry Redknapp was asked whether Demba Ba has a 10 mill release and he said "I think you will find it is a lot less than that. and when asked if it was less than 7 he said "Its even less than that".

It might be because teams only found out about it recently a bit like Yohan Cabaye and it might be because hes at the ACON so he wont be able to move this month.

Either way im ******** myslef! :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Apparently its not 10 mill but its less. Harry Redknapp was asked whether Demba Ba has a 10 mill release and he said "I think you will find it is a lot less than that. and when asked if it was less than 7 he said "Its even less than that".

It might be because teams only found out about it recently a bit like Yohan Cabaye and it might be because hes at the ACON so he wont be able to move this month.

Either way im ******** myslef! :(
Well, if we make it past the January window, I have to think we can get him to agree a new deal with no clause or a higher one. I still find it hard to believe though. As far as I know, teams can still bid on ACN players and I think someone would have taken the plunge. Demba is in Paris now, so negotiations wont be too big a hassle.

Regardless, if players want to leave Newcastle then I want them gone. I have faith in Graham Carr and we both know Newcastle's experiences with signing players that don't have their heart in the club. Now, I would hope to get a bit of value out of Demba at least, but if he wants to be somewhere else then I let him go. We have one of the best scouts in the world working overtime and I'm confident he can work his magic yet again.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and Harry Redknapp is a twat.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe Henry scored the winner today.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if we make it past the January window, I have to think we can get him to agree a new deal with no clause or a higher one. I still find it hard to believe though. As far as I know, teams can still bid on ACN players and I think someone would have taken the plunge. Demba is in Paris now, so negotiations wont be too big a hassle.

Regardless, if players want to leave Newcastle then I want them gone. I have faith in Graham Carr and we both know Newcastle's experiences with signing players that don't have their heart in the club. Now, I would hope to get a bit of value out of Demba at least, but if he wants to be somewhere else then I let him go. We have one of the best scouts in the world working overtime and I'm confident he can work his magic yet again.
Why would Ba agree to a new deal though? If he wanted it put in in the first place he wouldn't sign a new deal as soon as a team comes looking for him. I couldn't really blame him if he did want to leave though. PSG would probably treble his wages.

Yeah, total faith in Graham Carr! The guy is a genius. It just sucks that we could lose Demba Ba so soon after him joining.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-09-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Why would Ba agree to a new deal though? If he wanted it put in in the first place he wouldn't sign a new deal as soon as a team comes looking for him. I couldn't really blame him if he did want to leave though. PSG would probably treble his wages.

Yeah, total faith in Graham Carr! The guy is a genius. It just sucks that we could lose Demba Ba so soon after him joining.
Cashley goes to Demba and says, "dump the release clause and I double your wages and still sell you this summer". Demba makes a bunch more in the short term and isn't hurt long term as he still gets his big money move. Works for Cashley because he gets 25 million as opposed to 5-7, recouping the wage expense in the transfer fee.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cashley goes to Demba and says, "dump the release clause and I double your wages and still sell you this summer". Demba makes a bunch more in the short term and isn't hurt long term as he still gets his big money move. Works for Cashley because he gets 25 million as opposed to 5-7, recouping the wage expense in the transfer fee.
We all know thats never gonna happen though. It will go more like:

"Hey Demba, I know some rich teams want you, but how about I half your wages? No?! You dont want to accept my amazing deal? You obviously dont want to play for Newcastle, so im going to have to sell you. Sorry, but I only want players that want to play for NUFC"

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
We all know thats never gonna happen though. It will go more like:

"Hey Demba, I know some rich teams want you, but how about I half your wages? No?! You dont want to accept my amazing deal? You obviously dont want to play for Newcastle, so im going to have to sell you. Sorry, but I only want players that want to play for NUFC"
hmmm.....I actually think Ashley will offer him a significant increase in wages to stay or amend the buyout clause. For the record, while he has made some perplexing decisions, I actually like Ashley a lot.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
hmmm.....I actually think Ashley will offer him a significant increase in wages to stay or amend the buyout clause. For the record, while he has made some perplexing decisions, I actually like Ashley a lot.
Have you followed what mike ashley has done over the last 5 years? What leads you to believe ashley would do this?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Have you followed what mike ashley has done over the last 5 years? What leads you to believe ashley would do this?
He makes more money in the long run. Look, assuming the buyout is in there at 7 million, he makes 7 million this summer. Doubling Ba's wages probably cost him like 5 million. You dont think that in the summer, with no buyout clause, Ba would fetch over 12 million? Assuming even a decent finish to the season, he absolutely would be up to 18ish if not higher. Ashley wins and Ba still moves at the same time he would have.

I think even if Ba really wanted to leave this summer for PSG that he agrees to this. He gets more money now and while his departure is not guaranteed, it is near a lock as no way Ashley pays those wages for more than half a season. He would have to sell him to keep the financial model in place.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He makes more money in the long run. Look, assuming the buyout is in there at 7 million, he makes 7 million this summer. Doubling Ba's wages probably cost him like 5 million. You dont think that in the summer, with no buyout clause, Ba would fetch over 12 million? Assuming even a decent finish to the season, he absolutely would be up to 18ish if not higher. Ashley wins and Ba still moves at the same time he would have.

I think even if Ba really wanted to leave this summer for PSG that he agrees to this. He gets more money now and while his departure is not guaranteed, it is near a lock as no way Ashley pays those wages for more than half a season. He would have to sell him to keep the financial model in place.
Its still not gonna happen though. If Mike didnt want to sign the contract in the first place he wouldnt of.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Vesheatty

Default Locating The Best ugg boots Of 2012

Christian Louboutin Store louboutin shoes Discount Christian Louboutin Shoes SalePaul, the favorable apostle what exactly individuals founded places connected with worship throughout Tibet in addition to Europe, whose missionary philosophy fills your book about Acts, and so, who wrote most of the New Testament was any aficionado Christian destroyer. Known in actual fact as Saul with Tarsus, Paul is definitely introduced within the New Testament from the stoning of Stephen Acts 8: 1, one in every connected with seven Hellenistic deacons, round 34 POSTING, only about year immediately after this resurrection. Next, Saul did start to destroy a church. Going out of house to match, he drawn off people and use them throughout prison christian louboutin shoes uk Acts 8: 3. Cheap Christian Louboutin PumpsExtending a new vigorous Judaism persecution for your young Roscoe movement, Saul always went to Damascus through the use of letters from high priest to imprison more Christians. Still, on the street to portland he read and studied the resurrected Christ. A week later he / she she was baptized and packed with the Holy Style Behaviors 9. Robert, in his well regarded words detailed his amazing conversion in letters to ensure you churches through Corinth 1 Corinthians 15: 9 10, Galatia Galatians 1: 12 23, and additionally Philippi Philippians 3: 6 7. christian louboutin shoes may well havechristian Louboutin architek platform slingback a glance at one of their charm, and provides best in your case looked that you definitely before then haven't put on that form. Fake Christian Louboutin Footwear Sale | Fake Religious Louboutin Boots Sale They're christian louboutin are specially fabricated to the people who wears only designer shoes. There is a lot of money of fun dresses along with amazing multiplicity of gorgeous and fashionable funny designer shoes already in the market these days. Fake Christian Louboutin Ankle Footwear Sale | Fake Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots SaleYou may also use it like a garment either if you are aiming for a nightdress or possibly for a formal wardrobe, christian louboutin shoes. Top notch quality can be bought at our elegant online store because we are faithful in christian louboutin shoes uk bestowing stylish merchandise to our clients with the most inexpensive price.

http://www.clshoeuksales.com/

Reed more:
ugg boots For all Obtaining Versions Which you will want
Uggs boots are a fashion statement
Very best ugg boots Inside 2012 - Where to find Them
ugg boots is really a well-known brand regarding winter clothing and accessories.
Locating The most effective ugg boots Connected with Next year Easy Approaches
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Savic is pretty terrible. Almost gave the game away against QPR a couple months back, and has done little well in relief of Kompany/Toure in the past few days. Has been awful in the air and his marks have been shaking him rather easily. The whole squad is pretty dysfunctional right now. Have to come back strong in premier league action.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Savic is pretty terrible. Almost gave the game away against QPR a couple months back, and has done little well in relief of Kompany/Toure in the past few days. Has been awful in the air and his marks have been shaking him rather easily. The whole squad is pretty dysfunctional right now. Have to come back strong in premier league action.
mancini's been rambling to the press about how he needs more depth on his squad and everyone's been bashing him because of city's outrageous payroll. but the truth of the matter is, many of the contracts are old players who never see action on the pitch. the players that were brought in initially after the sheikh's takeover. players like wayne bridge. lol he gets paid over $110,000 just to go to training sessions.

city is lacking in depth, especially in defense like you mentioned.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YNWA!!!! Awesome victory I love me some Stevie G

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big day for Montreal Impact!! Hope they draft Mattocks...I like Wenger but we are loaded at midfield

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Big day for Montreal Impact!! Hope they draft Mattocks...I like Wenger but we are loaded at midfield
Is there a draft in MLS Football? A bit like the NFL where the worst team picks first from the best college players?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is there a draft in MLS Football? A bit like the NFL where the worst team picks first from the best college players?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_MLS_SuperDraft

This year was 2 rounds instead of 3.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOOOOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNDKK_HGxY
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. Liverpool fans talking about Champions League.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:31 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

All Liverpool fans are deluded, when we sold Carroll to them they were going mental trying to rub it in and now when i tell them what a waste of money it was they try and say hes played well :D! And there teams a bunch of racists!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck making CL Liverpool. Carroll was super overpaid. It was true when he was transferred and it is even truer now.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Woah there we all agree now that Liverpool overpaid for this piece of **** but there is no way you can hate Liverpool outside of Suarez for some reasons...

Stevie G extension!! I like it

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Woah there we all agree now that Liverpool overpaid for this piece of **** but there is no way you can hate Liverpool outside of Suarez for some reasons...

1. Craig Bellamy is a c**t
2. Suarez = Racist
3. Kenny Dalglish is an idiot
4. Martin Skrtels face looks like a bumhole
5. They only have one black player and they're getting rid of him.
6. Andy Carroll
7. Their fans are all *****

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

-Kenny Daglish
-Buying Jose Enrique
-Having Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson
-Liverpool being awful as a city
-Mostly, the entire team defending Suarez's racist ass

EDIT: Forgot Bellamy, he is a prick of the highest order

SuperPacker, maybe this erases some doubts regarding departures from Newcastle:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...out-Toon-exits