Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad View Post
They could do the NHL thing and give the team that losses in penalties 1 point and the team that wins 3, I would have nothing against that.

BTW Paul Robinson really put Ben Foster in his place yesterdy (in case you missed it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFmFnSPqGI) another great win for Spurs. I can't wait for Chelsea to come to White Heart Lane then Servilla in the UEFA.
yea that was an awesome goal. i could watch that video all day.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these posts about Robinson's goal and everything aside, I still think Foster is better, he's kept Watford close in many a game and barring yesterday's freak incident has been hugely reliable.

Just on a side note, why do so many of you like Spurs? I always figured fans in the US liked Man U or Chelsea, and a few Liverpool and Arsenal fans. On my holiday in NY the only shirt I saw was Man U.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am an Arsenal man myself...not to sure why there are so many spurs fans.

It is possible that it is just this board because just about every where else it seems people are Man U fans like you said.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I don't like it as it punishes outgunned teams IMO. I love to see a struggling team go to a high up the table team, play for their lives and walk away with a well deserved point, if the penalties were introduced they still might not get anything out of the game. Defending and frustrating the opposition to get a point is a valuable part of the game and I could see it going out of the window with the introduction of penalties.

In my opinion the game should be settled on 90 mins, not a shootout which is pretty random IMO. If the 2 teams cant be separated in the 90 mins, play extra time as in the NFL, or just leave the system as it is, if it isn't broke, why fix it?
They proposed what Getwellchad said.
3 points for a win.
2 points for a draw and penalty win
1 point for a draw and a penalty loss
0 points for a loss.

It still encorages defensive play away, possibly more so as a 0-0 draw gives you the option of 2 points.

@TCU - It was Fosters fault. Honourably after that match he accepted that he told Shittu to leave it. The crazy bounce was beyond his control. He is still a excellent young keeper and a large reason as to why Watford have even managed 20 points.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
They proposed what Getwellchad said.
3 points for a win.
2 points for a draw and penalty win
1 point for a draw and a penalty loss
0 points for a loss.

It still encorages defensive play away, possibly more so as a 0-0 draw gives you the option of 2 points.

@TCU - It was Fosters fault. Honourably after that match he accepted that he told Shittu to leave it. The crazy bounce was beyond his control. He is still a excellent young keeper and a large reason as to why Watford have even managed 20 points.
Oh ok, I was under the impression the losing side get nothing after pens, oh well, still dont like it. Current system is fine, if 2 teams are even, so be it.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh ok, I was under the impression the losing side get nothing after pens, oh well, still dont like it. Current system is fine, if 2 teams are even, so be it.
Completely agree.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe they could try it for a year, just so we could have a comparitve chart of points if they did and did not have this rule. I believe that this would be the only way to decide if it was detrimental to the league or not.

I would personally rather see just a 5 minute overtime or something to that extent then straight penalties.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people in Canada like Man U because they are typical bandwagoners from the Beckham era. I don't have a favourite team but I find the Spurs very exciting to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I believe they could try it for a year, just so we could have a comparitve chart of points if they did and did not have this rule. I believe that this would be the only way to decide if it was detrimental to the league or not.

I would personally rather see just a 5 minute overtime or something to that extent then straight penalties.
No, that would be stupid. It's a stupid idea in the first place and will never work, if it was introduced for one year, the teams that do bad will complain, it's really stupid.

And Foster is better, I think, although that was his fault, as he honourably metioned.

Also, Spurs lost to two CRACKING goals to Chelsea, reall good strikes, while United won 1-0.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despicable challenge by Woodgate to cause the penalty. There was only one possible outcome from that tackle attempt, and it was a penalty and a booking. There was no chance he was going to touch the ball but he just slid in recklessly anyway. It was even more poor when you consider how slow he was to react and chase down Ronaldo, giving him the freedom to draw the penalty. Just plain poor defending from Middlesbrough, and then they played dirty at the end.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

What a dirty squad...Chelsea plays so dirty and so obnoxiously. I can't stand that team or anyone on it. I won't say that they didn't deserve because those were two brilliant rediculous goals that deserve so much credit.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

You can say what they want on how they play but they are winning, amazing left footed shot by Andriy Shev. and another awsome goal from Wright-Phillips. I do have to say the did play kind of dirty like and it was annoying but it wasnt as bad as how Middlesborough finished their game. Anyone who watched the Chelsea game it seems like Lampard can simpy fade out of a game, i dont think he touched the ball more than 5 times in that game.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Uh, Chelsea is god awful. Bunch of divers and cheap shot artists. Alot of people are Man U fans because they seem to get prefrence when it comes to Prem games in America, and with Ronaldo and Rooney they have a lot of marketing pull here.

La Liga is were its at.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I love the EPL hands down over La Liga, and there are a lot of Chelsea haters on this site. I believe I am the only supporter of them on here. I dont mind Man U just because i get to see all their games even though i hate Rooney. I dont see Man U having any trouble with Watford even though goals havent came too easy for Man U and Chelsea should take care of the Rovers to set up a great final in the new Wembley.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Hmmmm, interesting. Didn't catch last nights game but glad it's being recognised Lampard can be extremely ineffective.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Hmmmm, interesting. Didn't catch last nights game but glad it's being recognised Lampard can be extremely ineffective.
Pretty much every Chelsea game in the last couple of weeks i have watched Lampard isnt even in the game, i dont know how this guy has 20 goals, it shocks me. I dont see him doing anything in the midfield what so ever but he will get a goal i so everyone thinks he is playing great, but in all honesty him and Ballack are pretty ineffective right now, but it doesnt matter when Shevchenko is pounding them from the corner of the box.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D28lD9lF3QU

first to 500 posts
Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
but it doesnt matter when Shevchenko is pounding them from the corner of the box.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D28lD9lF3QU
Shevchenko is really returning to form lately and that strike against Spurs was unbelivable, he is going to prove to be worth the money for Chelsea when all is said and done...but I'd still rather have Berbatov.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It was a cross.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
It was a cross.
You can't be completely sure, but if that was a cross to Drogba it was a damned ugly one!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
It was a cross.

Was that a joke, looked legit like a shot to me?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

i dont eeven like soccer thay cant eeven ever scor the scor at the end of the gam is ushualee like 1-0 or eeven 0-0! ROFL
Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkin012 View Post
i dont eeven like soccer thay cant eeven ever scor the scor at the end of the gam is ushualee like 1-0 or eeven 0-0! ROFL

So you're saying you are slow and can't follow a game that doesn't have scoring every other second?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
So you're saying you are slow and can't follow a game that doesn't have scoring every other second?

butt its just mor exsiting to wach a gam that scors mor than soccer! thay just kik a bal bak and forth
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously your mind can't handle it, sorry to be in your shoes.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Obviously your mind can't handle it, sorry to be in your shoes.
no my mind can meenie! i just dont lik it!