Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
This is just too easy Rob. It's something like 6 wins in a row now.
Yup. Our run in is brutal though and the goal difference could screw us in the end. Chelsea(A), Man City, Everton(A) to end the year is ruthless. Spurs end with Blackburn, Bolton, Villa....
Old 04-21-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yup. Our run in is brutal though and the goal difference could screw us in the end. Chelsea(A), Man City, Everton(A) to end the year is ruthless. Spurs end with Blackburn, Bolton, Villa....
There loss was big though. And they're in bad form, losing to QPR is not a good sign when you have a Champions League place on the line.

Blackburn and Bolton are both fighting to stay up like QPR were, so if they show more fight than Spurs there's no reason they cant drop a few points.

I think 2 wins against Wigan and Everton and a draw against Chelsea would get us 4th place. It'll be hard but there's definitely a realistic chance.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winning this Clasico may be one of my favorite wins ever!!!

#3 Duke Blue Devils (3-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Messi may be the best player in the world, but Ronaldo is my favourite! After he scored his celebration was brilliant. He's so much more charismatic.

I think you win the title now! And probably the Champions league as well.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hala Madrid!

Sergio Ramos was awesome today, and Coentrao played really well vs. Alves too.

Ozil's assist was just perfect.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope we win Europe but that isn't a given. A lot of records fell today. 109 league goals for this Madrid squad, 55 game Barca home win streak is done & now Ronaldo has the La Liga scoring record at 42 goals with 4 games to go!!

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 04-21-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhhh, I loved it. We should have scored a couple more on some of the counters, but Barca missed their chances as well.

Can't wait for the 2nd leg against Bayern this week!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Confidence will be at an all time high at the Bernabeu.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Messi may be the best player in the world, but Ronaldo is my favourite! After he scored his celebration was brilliant. He's so much more charismatic.

I think you win the title now! And probably the Champions league as well.
Lovin the Madrid win. Can rub it in my coworker's and my dad's faces. They're Barca fans.

I disagree about Ronaldo though. I can't stand him.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

He's a character. Better than being boring.

My second favourite player has to be Balotelli, he is just so funny and weird, but in a good way.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Balotelli. NEVER on my team though. As for Ronalo, he can go **** himself.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Hate on Ronaldo all you want but there is nobody on the planet like him at all. His stats and reputation speak for themselves. Sorry if he comes off a bit arrogant about it but every great player in all sports has that streak about them. I can never thank Man U enough for selling him to us on an absolute steal.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Hate on Ronaldo all you want but there is nobody on the planet like him at all. His stats and reputation speak for themselves. Sorry if he comes off a bit arrogant about it but every great player in all sports has that streak about them. I can never thank Man U enough for selling him to us on an absolute steal.
This is not true, not as overtly and obviously as it is with Ronaldo anyway. That said, I agree with everything else really.....Ronaldo is an outstanding player. He is still a prick though and it totally makes sense that my reaction to hearing his name is **** that guy
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is not true, not as overtly and obviously as it is with Ronaldo anyway. That said, I agree with everything else really.....Ronaldo is an outstanding player. He is still a prick though and it totally makes sense that my reaction to hearing his name is **** that guy
100% agreed, he's still a flat track bully in my eyes as well, he gets snuffed out against the big teams far too much for me to truly rank him elite

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have no problem in making him elite. Messi and Ronaldo are in a class of their own imo.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry I mean elite in terms of greatest ever I should have said, in the Pele, Maradona class etc. Ronaldo is very close to being with them, but not yet for me.

As has been seen in various soccer drafts though, I see things a bit different to most ha.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

54 goals in a season and you can't rank him as elite? Who is elite then? Messi must be the only one.

EDIT: Oh, i see.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Messi definitely gets a pass for not showing up in big games when Ronaldo gets ripped... yet Ronaldo definitely shows up more. It's like Manning getting a pass even before he won his superbowl for absolutely sucking in the playoffs and having the most one and done's of all time, but guys like Romo get ripped for not showing up in big games because one is the golden boy who watches film for 18 hours a day so he must be God, and the other plays for the Cowboys and ***** hot girls.

In the past two games (chelsea and madrid) messi didn't score, and for Argentina he is garbage. With Tevez, Higuain, and Aguero to take the pressure off him he has no excuse. Country is definitely a good way to get an abstract view of a player in my opinion.

Ronaldo isn't much better for Portugal but Messi has a lot more attacking help. Ronaldo works with what he has at Portugal and does make them better. Ronaldo won the Copa Del Rey with a ridiculous header in extra time last year, and had a brilliant finish for the winner yesterday.

I'm not taking anything away from Messi, and Ronaldo's supporting cast is great in their own right, but put Xavi and Iniesta on Madrid to play in balls to Ronaldo and it wouldn't even be fair. Ozil and Xabi Alonso are nice, but Xavi and Iniesta are in a class above when it comes to vision and passing in the midfield.

Messi is great, but he does get a pass for being humble and 5'6'' which Ronaldo does not for being cocky and a much bigger and faster athlete. Granted Ronaldo shouldn't be so brash, but that should not change the view of his game on the field at all.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Meh, Ronaldo is a phenomenal player and I am only nitpicking ever so slightly. Internationals IMO aren't a great way to judge people as especially in the case of Argentina they have had idiotic decisions being made that haven't maximised their talent (Maradona playing Jonas at RB and so on).

I really don't want to sound like I am bashing Ronaldo though, despite him being ex-Man Utd I can still recognise he is crazy talented, Messi is just other worldly.

Quite simply if I had to build a team around one of them, Messi would be my pick but you really couldn't go wrong either way.

As an aside and talking of building a team... soccer draft at some point peeps? Not done one for some time now.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Meh, Ronaldo is a phenomenal player and I am only nitpicking ever so slightly. Internationals IMO aren't a great way to judge people as especially in the case of Argentina they have had idiotic decisions being made that haven't maximised their talent (Maradona playing Jonas at RB and so on).

I really don't want to sound like I am bashing Ronaldo though, despite him being ex-Man Utd I can still recognise he is crazy talented, Messi is just other worldly.

Quite simply if I had to build a team around one of them, Messi would be my pick but you really couldn't go wrong either way.

As an aside and talking of building a team... soccer draft at some point peeps? Not done one for some time now.
I think international play is a good way to get a different view on these players because unless they are playing for Spain. They get thrown into an adverse situation with a different coach, not the best of players around them like they would have at a big time club, and they don't have the best chemistry because of minimal practice time.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Messi absolutely shows up in big games for Barca. It's completely and utterly ridiculous to say otherwise. For Argentina he hasn't been great, no, but his managers have sucked and his teammates at Argentina can't play the very distinct style that he has become accustomed to playing at Barca. That's a tough adjustment. It is also tough to adjust to playing with new strike partners every time out......give him consistent partners at the national team and they will develop that understanding that he has with the players at Barca and he will be a deadly international player.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I mentioned a soccer draft a while ago. I think we should do one.

Messi definitely does play well in the big games. Both Champions League finals against Man U...

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

If someone wants to set one up I would be down, if not I can set one up in a bit. It'll be unusual this time, I won't be desperately scrapping to get Mascherano so early haha!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I mentioned a soccer draft a while ago. I think we should do one.

Messi definitely does play well in the big games. Both Champions League finals against Man U...
Start it up. I have a hell of a week, but I would be down to do it after that.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I dont mind setting it up. Start it next week then?

RIP themaninblack