Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkin012 View Post
no my mind can meenie! i just dont lik it!
Simple, don't post in this thread if you don't like soccer...in fact, don't post in any thread if you're going to type stupidity.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Simple, don't post in this thread if you don't like soccer...in fact, don't post in any thread if you're going to type stupidity.
agan i dont apreesheate you diskriminating aganst me becuz i cant spell. im getting better evry day in skool so can you pleez just back off
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no my mind can meenie! i just dont lik it!
Please die and stop trying to be funny

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Please die and stop trying to be funny
shutup i dont car if you think im trying to bee funny
Old 03-22-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I never really bought the whole soccers to boring for Americans. You ever watch a baseball game? My god, could go for 4 hours and the game can finish 1-0. And if something does happen its shown on replay for 10 mins from 8 different angles because nothing is going on. Americans dont like soccer because we're pretty god awful at it.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lewwis Spence, Charlie Sheringham and Aaron Fray will play for Crystal Palace USA over the summer.

The Academy trio will feature for Palace's Baltimore-based development club in their inaugural season.

The USA side's first match match is away to Charlotte Eagles on April 20, with the 10-team second division of the United Soccer League ending in August.

Palace boss Peter Taylor believes the move will be of a huge benefit to the youngsters.

"It will be a good experience for the boys, and I’m sure they will return better, stronger players," he said.

"They're over there for 16 matches, so they’ll come back to us in late August. We’re desperate to change the reserve league we’ve been playing in, because there’s been a lack of matches.

"With that in mind, we decided sending some of the boys to the States would be a good thing."
Mon the Palace in America! Anyone out there will have to try and let me know how they get on.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Real Madrid set to offer 106 million US for Cristiano Ronaldo (80 million )

I hope this does not go through because i would love to see Ronaldo stay in the the EPL because i just flat out dislike La Liga.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_yl...=afp&type=lgns

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.a...enutoId=262249

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

If Cristiano Ronaldo came to the US, then if would be on its way to becmoming a big sport. Beckham is big but getting to the end of his career. Cristiano would be able to score at will. It would be HUGE for the US. But if he ain't playing in the US, I want him in the EPL thats where he should and deserves to stay.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'll say it again, the it's not about Beckham being the best player around, it's down to the fact that he's the most well known player in the entire world, not the best.

And UKFan, I should have put a wink after that, I just dislike Chelsea.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Real Madrid set to offer 106 million US for Cristiano Ronaldo (80 million )

I hope this does not go through because i would love to see Ronaldo stay in the the EPL because i just flat out dislike La Liga.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_yl...=afp&type=lgns

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.a...enutoId=262249
That would make them potentially the best club in the world for years to come. They have moved passed the galaticos phase and are now focusing youth. They already have Gago, Marcelo, Robinho and Higuain. With Ronaldo they would put Arsenal's youth to shame.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
That would make them potentially the best club in the world for years to come. They have moved passed the galaticos phase and are now focusing youth. They already have Gago, Marcelo, Robinho and Higuain. With Ronaldo they would put Arsenal's youth to shame.
No they wouldn't, I would much rather have the Arsenal youth team then the Madrid one, even with Ronaldo. And Madrid are going back to the old ways, the fans are pissed at Capello and the style of footbll they are playing, Calderon, the president, has lost patience with him as well and wants more attacking football and will also buy a big star to try and do this and appease the fans, although this won't be Ronaldo.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
agan i dont apreesheate you diskriminating aganst me becuz i cant spell. im getting better evry day in skool so can you pleez just back off
NOTE: I'M NOT TRYNA BE MEAN

i suggest you leave this forum and go to huddlegeeks or sumn solely for the reason that theres animosity between you and many on this forum

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hate the teams that basically buy wins. Buying Ronaldo will really make me hate Real Madrid. I like Sevilla and Villareal and used to like Real at a young age but now i dont like the REAL DOMINANT TEAMS. Especially when they have all the players yet cant seem to even finsih 2nd place in the Primera Liga

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Well nothing is set, and Man U does not want to give him up no matter what. Real Madrid is just going to throw it on the table.

Also is anyone going to watch the U-21 England Italy game this saturday. Im more interested in seeing the new Wembley stadium.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Well nothing is set, and Man U does not want to give him up no matter what. Real Madrid is just going to throw it on the table.

Also is anyone going to watch the U-21 England Italy game this saturday. Im more interested in seeing the new Wembley stadium.
Spot on, I can't wait to see it. After all the waiting, the wondering and after seeing the Arch go up so long ago but nothing else, it's a relief to see it operational, that is if this thing goes down ok. I wanted to get tickets to go, at only 10 a pop as well, but alas, they were sold out in 5 minutes.

No worries, I'll just take my seat there for the first FA Cup Final, where United should beat Chelsea, providing that the blues can beat Blackburn.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:06 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
Spot on, I can't wait to see it. After all the waiting, the wondering and after seeing the Arch go up so long ago but nothing else, it's a relief to see it operational, that is if this thing goes down ok. I wanted to get tickets to go, at only 10 a pop as well, but alas, they were sold out in 5 minutes.

No worries, I'll just take my seat there for the first FA Cup Final, where United should beat Chelsea, providing that the blues can beat Blackburn.

I see the Wembley pitch is starting to cut up already, terrific...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you guys think Ryan Giggs will retire in 2008 after his contract expires? Or maybe go to a lesser premiership team?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey10 View Post
Do you guys think Ryan Giggs will retire in 2008 after his contract expires? Or maybe go to a lesser premiership team?
No way in hell Giggs goes to another club. He either retires or stays with United, purely because he is a GOD at that club. He's won so much with them, be given so much in return, I don't see him needing to go anywhere, especially for money, with the performances he's put in for us, he'll have a job for life at Old Trafford and with United.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad View Post
BTW Paul Robinson really put Ben Foster in his place yesterdy (in case you missed it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFmFnSPqGI) another great win for Spurs. I can't wait for Chelsea to come to White Heart Lane then Servilla in the UEFA.
Yea that goal was awesome! My friend was at that game and hooked me up with a sweet Spurs beenie. :) Spurs baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
No they wouldn't, I would much rather have the Arsenal youth team then the Madrid one, even with Ronaldo. And Madrid are going back to the old ways, the fans are pissed at Capello and the style of footbll they are playing, Calderon, the president, has lost patience with him as well and wants more attacking football and will also buy a big star to try and do this and appease the fans, although this won't be Ronaldo.
Well the difference is that Arsenal's scouting network must be top notch, as they many players with great potential. Who said academies are dead? Real Madrid just poach expensive young talent and hope they become superstars from there on. Mind you, its only recently that Real Madrid have been so youth focused, while Arsenal have done it for most of Wengers rein. Real Madrids best youth is currently better than Arsenals.

Gago, Marcelo, Robinho, Ramos and Higuain>Fabregas, Denilson, Vela, Diaby and Walcott.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey10 View Post
He still has the speed, so as long as he is willing to stay why would Man U not want him back? There aren't too many left-footed wingers like Giggs, so he just needs to stay healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember in my young days I was a wall at goalie, I dont think I let up 1 goal one rec league season, but I kept getting rotated out to midfield even though I am as slow as molasess, I could probably have made the soccer team if I kept up at goalie.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

England vs Italy under 21 in the new wembley stadium.

I predict that Italy wins the first game in the new stadium 2-0

first to 500 posts
Old 03-24-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Italy will win, but i think it will only be by a single goal.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Italy will win, but i think it will only be by a single goal.

I would have been with you, but alas, 3-3 in the end. The state of our national team is so bad right now I am considering not watching England this evening...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote