Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Roberto, i'm guessing you've seen it. What do you think?

I'm not gonna lie..I'm not a fan. Rob likes the virgin logo but I dislike it...a lot.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I like it....pretty sharp imo. The Virgin logo looks great. I won't be buying one, but I do like it. The GK jersey is pretty ugly though.

I'm hoping they wear the new home kits tomorrow!
Yeah i know, same. So excited!

I'm probably gonna buy the home top, if its any nice, because the last two one's i bought were away. And i wanna say i have the home top that we were in Europe for :)

Oh yeah and i have the worst luck when it comes to buying Newcastle shirts with names on the back. In the 2010/11 season i got the home one with Ben Arfa 37 on the back and then in January i got the away one with Carroll 9 on the back

I decided against getting a name on this years alternative kit, which we seem to wear more than the orange one.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm not gonna lie..I'm not a fan. Rob likes the virgin logo but I dislike it...a lot.
I really like it.

I don't mind the Virgin sign, but the 'Money' looks a bit weird.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it's about the commentary, then yeah. As far as the ability of the players, MLS destroys the Mexican league.

There is no way MLS "destroys" the Mexican League. In fact, I'd say the Mexican League is still better than the MLS, even though they have improved a lot.

Mexico is one of the three best leagues in the Americas, probably ranked third after Brazil and Argentina (in that order, IMO).

As for direct matches between Mexico and US teams, one of the recent games I remember is the Xolos de Tijuana vs. LA Galaxy a year ago. I know it was an exhibition match, but the Xolos won in penalties after tying 2-2 during regulation, and Galaxy was playing with both Beckham and Donovan.

At the time, the Xolos had not played a single game in the first league. They had just ascended from the Liga de Ascenso, and finished the regular season at 15 out of 18 teams.

Back when the SuperLiga was still active, Mexican teams won three times (Pachuca in 2007, Tigres in 2009, and Morelia in 2010), with only one US winner (Revolution in 2008).

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

There is no way MLS "destroys" the Mexican League. In fact, I'd say the Mexican League is still better than the MLS, even though they have improved a lot.

Mexico is one of the three best leagues in the Americas, probably ranked third after Brazil and Argentina (in that order, IMO).

As for direct matches between Mexico and US teams, one of the recent games I remember is the Xolos de Tijuana vs. LA Galaxy a year ago. I know it was an exhibition match, but the Xolos won in penalties after tying 2-2 during regulation, and Galaxy was playing with both Beckham and Donovan.

At the time, the Xolos had not played a single game in the first league. They had just ascended from the Liga de Ascenso, and finished the regular season at 15 out of 18 teams.

Back when the SuperLiga was still active, Mexican teams won three times (Pachuca in 2007, Tigres in 2009, and Morelia in 2010), with only one US winner (Revolution in 2008).
meh. My roommate watches Mexican soccer all the ******* time and I have seen a ton of games, so I'm not talking out of my ass here. The quality of the play overall in the MLS is superior imo. "Destroys" was an overstatement and I did because Americans ***** about the MLS far too much and its stupid, so I apologize there.

I wish SuperLiga was still active, the MLS has gotten so much better in each of the past 5 seasons and I am confident you would see that quality shine through. The year-to-year growth has been really nice to watch.

And exhibitions....well, they dont count, sorry. Newcastle lost 6-0 to Leyton Orient before last season and most of our starters played and there are countless other results like that. They mean nothing other than getting fit.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you guys arguing about whose country has a better league. They both suck.

Disclaimer: Australia's is even worse! =D

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carroll didn't bail, well he wanted out, but still....we sold him for a ridiculous sum. Cisse won't be sold unless the club gets an insane fee back (probably around 40 million), but if that offer comes in then I'm sure Ashley would do the deal. I have no problem with it, our scouting team will turn up at least 2 great players with that money, probably more.

This is what we got for Sir Andy:

- Yohan Cabaye, 4 mil
- Demba Ba, 5 mil (agent fee/ signing bonus was huge apparently)
- Papiss Cisse 10 mil
- Davde Santon 6 mil
- Gabby Obertan 3 mil
- Sylvain Marveax 2 mil (agent fee/sign bonus)

All those and still 5 million to spare.

Honestly, it kinda sucks losing the players you come to love, but Newcastle won't sell their best players unless a daft offer comes in.

Also, European football is going to put Newcastle in a much better position to both retain their top talent and acquire new top class players. You could do a lot worse than choosing Newcastle!
Newcastle would have been insane NOT to take the offer. Same thing happened with Spurs/Berbatov a few years back.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why are you guys arguing about whose country has a better league. They both suck.

Disclaimer: Australia's is even worse! =D
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not even going to watch that, because outside of like 3 players, everyone in the A-League sucks ass.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read this, Brent. Or anyone actually. This is pretty much my favorite blog on the web....
Pretty interesting, I dig a team that can be smart with its finances, as that usually spells future success.

Quote:
I like it....pretty sharp imo. The Virgin logo looks great. I won't be buying one, but I do like it. The GK jersey is pretty ugly though.
I actually liked the orange kit.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good weekly blog to read, it's (apparently) written by a mystery premiership footballer giving an insight into the game and things like that. There are lots of people trying to figure out who it is as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/s...ret-footballer

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

AHHHH!

If we win, we go third. I must be dreaming!

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I actually liked the orange kit.

I like the orange too....wouldn't buy it though.....far too bright for my Irish/German skin tone.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
AHHHH!

If we win, we go third. I must be dreaming!
1. You won't.
2. If you do, you will only be 3rd for about 30 minutes.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
1. You won't.
2. If you do, you will only be 3rd for about 30 minutes.
It was more that we have the chance, not that we are going to. If you had said 3 years ago, that we would have a chance to be 3rd in the league, i would of called you crazy.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard Webb's the referee. I already have a bad feeling about this...
Old 05-06-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a really good half.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That was a really good half.
Yup. City are obviously a great side, but Newcastle could easily nick on the break (Santon has been amazing) or through a piece of magic through HBA/Cisse/Ba. SJP is absolutely rocking!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Damnit lucky deflection :\

Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

****, City is ******* good.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Thanks to Sandro, 10 man Spurs are back level =D

Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a match!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Toure is so clutch. City had me scared for a while there when Aguero and Toure both missed back to back breakaways. Huge two wins these past weeks. Sets the stage for Hughes and QPR to come into Manchester next week.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yaya owns the key to my heart. The man knows how to score big goals. Pelvic thrust all day!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote