Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
It's a knockout game in two legs, there are no points involved.

And Italian Police make me sick, the way they treated the United fans was absoloutely sickening.

What happened tonight? I've seen the results but nothing about crowd trouble (I missed both games)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soccer thread WOOOOOO
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! I just got home and saw the scores. Roma over Man U!!

Anyone who can give recaps of either/both games?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Roma really dominated.

Man U's only goal came on a quick throw by Van der Saar to Ronaldo who proceeded to catch Roma off guard, run down the field and pass to Rooney who scored. That was about it for united's offense.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yes! I just got home and saw the scores. Roma over Man U!!

Anyone who can give recaps of either/both games?
Paul Scholes got a two yellow--> red card in the 33' minute and after that it was basically all Roma. Roma got one right before half, Man U got a solid goal but that was all they had today and Roma scored 6 minutes after Rooney's goal.

Chelsea was in control of the game but just couldnt seem to get anything going, Valencia got their goal by an absolute strike from a good distance, that was their only offense of the day really and Drogba got a header off a nice pass from the very underrated Ashley Cole. It was a pretty boring game as nothing really seemed to take place.

goal of the day was hands down the strike from Valencia's David Silva.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeh that was sick, sick in the opposite use of the phrase would be the way the Spurs fans were treated last night. Scary stuff.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
What happened tonight? I've seen the results but nothing about crowd trouble (I missed both games)
A really, really piss poor ref and a great performance by us, all overshadowed by a completly pathetic display by the police.

In terms of football, Roma were pretty good going forward but were shocking defensively, they looked really slow and Ronaldo wasa threat every time he got the ball. After Scholes got sent off, the game turned, obviously, but Roma weren't as dominant as people say. Yes, they had lots of ball but the majority of the shots were from outside the box which Van Der Sar dealt with comfortably. Our make shift defece played really quite well, Rio was a ******* beast that night, really immense. However, there goal was cruel, a deflected shot after the ball boys aided to a quickly taken corner, but they probably deserved it.

Our goal, however, was so, so good, it was unreal and showed just how poor defensively they are and how lightning quick our attack is. Totti played a piss poor freekick into the box which Van Der Sar picked off easily and quickly rolled the ball out to Ronaldo, who being the god that he is, took on 4/5 players in next too no time, also travelling about 50 yards with the ball before playing a beautifull ball to Ole with the outside of his right boot, before he played an equally good ball, first time, to Rooney who had peeled off the back of Mexes. He then took a touch on his chest which meant Mexes went right past him and cooley sidefooted into the back of the net, absoultely quality.

So, 2-1, althogh disappointing, was fantastic considering the circumstances. Roma looked dodgy at the back and I'm sure we can score. Getting an away goal was crucial as well but the performance, the dogidness and resiliance, the unwavering comintment of our players was immense and really shows that we have a hunger this season, something that has been reflected in many of our games this season.

So all in all a good result, although annoyed at the ref, who was so biased, and the police, who were in the qrong the whole game, the scumbags.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Wow i woke up today turned on the soccer channel and Portsmouth was up 1-0 over Man U so i continue to watch the game and see an own goal by Ferdinand putting Ports. up 2-0 in the 90th, then Man U scores in the 91' and almosts ties it up in extra time. It was a great game and its great to see that Chelsea now has a legit shot at winning the EPL now being only 3 points back, also great win from West Ham as they look to climb out of the relagation zone, and that was the first loss Arsenal has had in their new stadium.

first to 500 posts
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

I liked seeing Portsmouth win...but i hate seeing Chelsea getting so close. I just can't like a team that, in essence, buys wins (ala Yankees). Now i know the other "big 3" use big money to their advantage as well, but not to the extent Chelsea does...thus i feel they have an unfair advantage. Though Petre Cech and Didier Drogba are some of my favorite players.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
I liked seeing Portsmouth win...but i hate seeing Chelsea getting so close. I just can't like a team that, in essence, buys wins (ala Yankees). Now i know the other "big 3" use big money to their advantage as well, but not to the extent Chelsea does...thus i feel they have an unfair advantage. Though Petre Cech and Didier Drogba are some of my favorite players.
Agreed, so much so in fact that I am as worried about the prospect of Liverpool's offseason being full of big money signings as I am excited by it.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

I think all the big 4 teams "buy wins" but i would rather my team be one of those then be a team that develops good players just to see them leave, also for the fans you want to see your team win and you want to see good players play. So i really dont see anything wrong with "buying wins" at all. I like the fact that these owners dont care about paying bick bucks to win instead of what the LA Clippers owner used to do by paying minimal saleries and having his team suck just so he could make money. Its about winning and "buying wins" is what is working so i dont see anything wrong with it.

first to 500 posts
Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

It's a combination of both for more, I agree it is nice to see the owners make a substantial contribution, however it just wont feel like my club without having some home grown talented youth, or even youngsters coming through the academy from abroad. Unfortunately since the introduction of Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard this Liverpool youngsters have really faulted. It's a shame but there are some good kids coming through. Look out for Paul Anderson at Liverpool in the future especially.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

any suggestions on which website is the best for buying soccer fan gear?

first to 500 posts
Old 04-07-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Hmmm, I normally just use the Liverpool website or the club shop, where I bought my latest Kuyt shirt. Have you tried www.kitbag.com? That's not a bad site I have used in the past. Be better off asking the other Americans on here though I guess.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=whImVfllK6c A quick video of the 17 year old scoring for Liverpool first team in a friendly. He's also from my hometown :P

Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

I don't mind the teams shoving cash at guys, but the way Chelsea goes so overboard in comparison to the other teams is what gets me. I hate caps, but i really like level playing fields as well.

Is there any major revenue sharing in the EPL?

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
any suggestions on which website is the best for buying soccer fan gear?
http://www.soccer.com/
http://www.worldsoccershop.com/

I was really hoping my Spurs would pull it off against Chelsea today, but after all of the drama the other night it wasn't to be. Atleast we put up a fight and are finally playing up to our potential this last month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
I don't mind the teams shoving cash at guys, but the way Chelsea goes so overboard in comparison to the other teams is what gets me. I hate caps, but i really like level playing fields as well.

Is there any major revenue sharing in the EPL?

There's no revenue sharing whatsoever, teams keep their own gate receipts and merchandising. That's why until Abramovich came alone Man U were the richest team, I believe they were earning 3m plus per home game. Now Arsenal apparently make more in their new stadium per game as they have more corporate hospitality / expensive seating.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Yeah, that is what i thought.

I would hate it if i were a rich team, but in the name of competiveness, it may worth looking into....works pretty good in the NFL.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

there is revenue sharing with the new TV deals. Its not equal but close.

"The top club in the Premiership will recieve £50m. The bottom club will receive £26.8 million under the new deal."

"£50m is comparable to what each NFL club receives from its league's TV contracts"

first to 500 posts
Old 04-08-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Ah, I was only considering revenue generated by the clubs, not TV deals etc, good point though

Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Is it just me or do yall here care less about the draft with this soccer season in full gear.

Alright i jumped on the soccer bandwagon right before the World Cup and i can proudly say im not leaving any time soon, the last 2 months all i have cared about is this soccer season. Everyday i learn more players names, i watch at least 1 game a day, and cant stop playing Fifa. This time the last 3 years i would come home everyday and study and not for school, but the draft. Thats why we are here but instead of learning about prospects i learn new teams, players lineups and stats of soccer. Today someone asked me when the big day was (obviously refering to the draft in his discussion with me) but i wasnt thinking about the draft but of this weeks Champions Leagues games. Im absolutly loving all this soccer and its easly my favorite sport right behind TCU football but i think something is wrong with me because i dont care about the draft at all.

first to 500 posts
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Well done by Man U. very well done.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

4-0 already! At least Chelsea are losing :)

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Is it just me or do yall here care less about the draft with this soccer season in full gear.

Alright i jumped on the soccer bandwagon right before the World Cup and i can proudly say im not leaving any time soon, the last 2 months all i have cared about is this soccer season. Everyday i learn more players names, i watch at least 1 game a day, and cant stop playing Fifa. This time the last 3 years i would come home everyday and study and not for school, but the draft. Thats why we are here but instead of learning about prospects i learn new teams, players lineups and stats of soccer. Today someone asked me when the big day was (obviously refering to the draft in his discussion with me) but i wasnt thinking about the draft but of this weeks Champions Leagues games. Im absolutly loving all this soccer and its easly my favorite sport right behind TCU football but i think something is wrong with me because i dont care about the draft at all.
That's all good stuff to hear. When you make the step up from Fifa to PES/Winning Eleven you know you've made it!

oh and I just got in and missed the Man Utd Roma first half, whoops lol.