Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Haha I was just reading that earlier. All I've wanted all summer is a stud CB to put beside Kompany(well, RVP too but I would be surprised if he winds up back in the EPL). I wanted Vertonghen pretty bad so I was kind of upset when Spurs snagged him at that price. Agger is awesome though and pretty underrated. The best part of picking up a CB is that it means Savic would hopefully never have to play in a meaningful game...ever.
Popadopolous would be nice for City
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If we go 4-3-3, who do you suppose rounds out the midfield with Tiote and Cabaye? Not having Guthrie makes that tougher. We need more squad players for sure I think. Saylor is made of glass, we desperately need CB cover (I like Perchino much better in midfield). We need another striker too, Shola as #3 sucks. Fullback cover would be nice as well (I wish we could keep Simmo).
Well Jonas played there last year, Vuckic if he's not injured, Bigirmana has looked good, Gosling hopefully plays better than last year and then Perchinho can play there as well. Or we could put Marveaux in the middle and then go with Sammy or Gutierrez on the wing.

Just think our team is a lot more fluid when we play with 3 in the middle.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Popadopolous would be nice for City
Good luck convincing Schalke to sell him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Good luck convincing Schalke to sell him.
Man City: Hey Schalke, can we have Papadopolous?
Schalke: LOL, **** off. Now way are you getting him!
Man City: We'll give you 30 million.
Schalke: Yeah ok, he's on his way.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Well Jonas played there last year, Vuckic if he's not injured, Bigirmana has looked good, Gosling hopefully plays better than last year and then Perchinho can play there as well. Or we could put Marveaux in the middle and then go with Sammy or Gutierrez on the wing.

Just think our team is a lot more fluid when we play with 3 in the middle.
I agree on the fluidity point. I would play Ba over Marveaux though. Far more goals in that team imo.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Man City: Hey Schalke, can we have Papadopolous?
Schalke: LOL, **** off. Now way are you getting him!
Man City: We'll give you 30 million.
Schalke: Yeah ok, he's on his way.
Point taken. But apparently Schalke've already rebuked offers up to 25 mil for him this summer, and if Man City really is crazy enough to drop near Thiago Silva money on him, well then one has to wonder about how worthwhile a buy it is, especially for a young CB who still needs a lot of polish. IMO it'd be another Boateng situation except they'll have paid twice as much leaving them with no hope to sell him on for even close to what they paid for him.

Watching the Olympics Joe Allen doesn't stop reminding me why I was so impressed with him. If Liverpool or Tottenham do manage to sign him that'll be a big boost to their midfields, for Liverpool he could be the player Jordan Henderson was supposed to be, and if Tottenham lose Modric, replacing him with the Sygi-Allen pair would be a solid replacement with cash to spare.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-02-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brent, that report is dubious, but I still think the deal will get done. He wants to come, we want him, we are close on a fee.....it's just a matter of whether or not they can squeeze us for an extra million.
I agree, this was the most recent I could find:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...up-Debuchy-bid
"Sky Sports sources understand Newcastle United have made an improved offer to sign Lille's France international Mathieu Debuchy."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I agree, this was the most recent I could find:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...up-Debuchy-bid
"Sky Sports sources understand Newcastle United have made an improved offer to sign Lille's France international Mathieu Debuchy."
you can't trust ANY transfer related article until you see the man with the kit at a presser.

and to the team GB fans, don't underestimate korea! i can't wait til saturday. this could be the last time a team GB is assembled for the olympics. how awesome would it be to beat them at their house at their renowned sport. i wish it was at wembley.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whilst playing fifa today, my brother tried to tell me Clint Dempsey is a top 50 player in the world. Please someone just help me word is ever so well to explain that he's wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
whilst playing fifa today, my brother tried to tell me Clint Dempsey is a top 50 player in the world. Please someone just help me word is ever so well to explain that he's wrong
He is wrong. Absolutely. Dempsey is good though....an argument could be made for top 100 for sure....soccer is such a subjective sport, it's tough to argue anything really.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is wrong. Absolutely. Dempsey is good though....an argument could be made for top 100 for sure....soccer is such a subjective sport, it's tough to argue anything really.
My soccer knowledge is average at very best, but I rattled off a good 10-20 names we agreed on without really thinking. He just kept coming back to "He scored lots of goals in the premiere league" which was annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Clint as much as the next one but I prob would have smacked your brother in the back of the head. If you can't break into some of the top clubs in the world chances are you aren't top 50.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I love Clint as much as the next one but I prob would have smacked your brother in the back of the head. If you can't break into some of the top clubs in the world chances are you aren't top 50.
Well, he could start for Spurs next year for sure.

Anyway, this Debuchy business is getting annoying, ******* Lille still bitter over losing Cabaye to us for 5 million....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newca...medium=twitter

It's annoying being good at transfers. Both Lille and Twente don't want to deal with us because we destroyed them on the Cabaye and Tiote deals.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyway, this Debuchy business is getting annoying, ******* Lille still bitter over losing Cabaye to us for 5 million....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newca...medium=twitter

It's annoying being good at transfers. Both Lille and Twente don't want to deal with us because we destroyed them on the Cabaye and Tiote deals.
That's so ******* childish. Newcastle makes good transfers and picks up players off their squad who work well in their system, making previous team look foolish, so now said team won't play nice? **** them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what value do you guys place on debuchy? i see him being a magpie for upwards of 8 mill euros. idk if newcastle would pay that much though. quality fullbacks are at a premium. 5 mil would've been an absolute steal.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's so ******* childish. Newcastle makes good transfers and picks up players off their squad who work well in their system, making previous team look foolish, so now said team won't play nice? **** them.
such is the world of soccer. gotta maintain somewhat good relations with other clubs for the transfer market.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

To be fair, bumping up an offer from 5 to 6 mil for a Fullback who was starting and excelling on a team that made it to the knockout rounds of the EC, is kinda absurd. The man's easily worth more than the 8-10 mil Lille are holding out for, especially with how thin the fullback position is world wide, and how crucial it has become with the rise of in-cutting wingers. I get the desire to sign guys for bargain prices, but you can't really get to upset with a team demanding what a player's worth. This isn't Porto demanding 30+ for any starter.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
To be fair, bumping up an offer from 5 to 6 mil for a Fullback who was starting and excelling on a team that made it to the knockout rounds of the EC, is kinda absurd. The man's easily worth more than the 8-10 mil Lille are holding out for, especially with how thin the fullback position is world wide, and how crucial it has become with the rise of in-cutting wingers. I get the desire to sign guys for bargain prices, but you can't really get to upset with a team demanding what a player's worth. This isn't Porto demanding 30+ for any starter.
my thoughts exactly, you eloquent fart.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

City actually sold somebody! So ends the legacy of Vlad Weiss.

The possibility of Sahin to Arsenal is intriguing. Would surely like to see him get more opportunity than he got at Real. He could emerge a bit more at Arsenal.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But on the other hand, he's worth what someone is willing to pay for him. And I haven't heard of much interest outside of Newcastle.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
But on the other hand, he's worth what someone is willing to pay for him. And I haven't heard of much interest outside of Newcastle.
Have you heard of any interest in Modric from anyone other than Real? Does that mean Modric is only worth the 20 or whatever mil Madrid's offer was? Debuchy wants to go to Newcastle and that's going to get teams to pursue other options, like Leverkusen's signing of Carvajal. That doesn't lower his value to Lille as a player, even though it has suppressed the market in which to sell him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you heard of any interest in Modric from anyone other than Real? Does that mean Modric is only worth the 20 or whatever mil Madrid's offer was? Debuchy wants to go to Newcastle and that's going to get teams to pursue other options, like Leverkusen's signing of Carvajal. That doesn't lower his value to Lille as a player, even though it has suppressed the market in which to sell him.
Not in the past week, but yes there has been plenty of interest in Modric. Chelsea and Barcelona I know. But a player that expensive will always have less suitors.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Modric to Barcelona? Not going to happen at all. We have no need of him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not in the past week, but yes there has been plenty of interest in Modric. Chelsea and Barcelona I know. But a player that expensive will always have less suitors.
Chelsea was only interested when AVB was there. I haven't heard any link with him this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I actually agree 100%. It still sucks though because we cant get our epic bargains anymore :(. That said, if 1 million GBP is what costs us Debuchy, I will be extremely pissed.