Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dembele is going to great things for AVB. I still think they should move for Dempsey as his goal scoring is exactly what they need opposite Bale. Then again I'm not a huge Willian fan as a winger. He does hit some fantastic long balls and crosses, but AVB's teams usually have one winger who's more the playmaker and the other winger needs to be able to tuck in and play almost as a second striker, Willian doesn't do that well and I think Bale's better off as the creating/perimeter winger than the second striker winger.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dembele is a really nice signing for Spurs. You can't help but feel sorry for Fulham, though. Their best player refuses to play hoping to force a deal away from them and then their next best player gets sold to a bigger club. Poor Fulham :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Dembele is a really nice signing for Spurs. You can't help but feel sorry for Fulham, though. Their best player refuses to play hoping to force a deal away from them and then their next best player gets sold to a bigger club. Poor Fulham :(
It sucks when your team isn't a top 6-8 calibre team. Not much you can really do to stop the transfers. Hell, it sucks being a top 6 team IE losing Modric.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It sucks when your team isn't a top 6-8 calibre team. Not much you can really do to stop the transfers. Hell, it sucks being a top 6 team IE losing Modric.
Yeah and there's nothing you can do about it, which is the annoying thing. Just have to accept that these 'bigger clubs' (richer clubs) have the power to take away what you have. Newcastle were lucky this summer to not lose any of our best players *touch wood*, but we easily could have.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it comes down to how appealing you are for players, what have Fulham accomplished to get Dempsey and Dembele to want to stay?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eh, it comes down to how appealing you are for players, what have Fulham accomplished to get Dempsey and Dembele to want to stay?
Fulham haven't achieved anything, because they have never had money. Tottenham are appealing to Dembele, because they are a top 6 side. They are a top 6 side, because they have money. It all comes back to money and I really don't like it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats why I feel I can never enjoy soccer as much. The money and lack of parity... bleh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Thats why I feel I can never enjoy soccer as much. The money and lack of parity... bleh.
I bet you weren't saying that when Aguero scored in injury time to win City the title! :P

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, there's no time to think about such things during a moment like that :P

Would have been infinitely better if done with homegrown players, though.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Most definitely. It's a shame that there's no way of ever making it fair.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Sounds like you guys should start watching the Bundesliga.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

If anything, I should watch MLS.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Wouldn't you like to be able to enjoy watching soccer instead?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The players don't have to go to these richer teams. I know 9 times out of 10 they want to, but Modric was the one forcing that move. I actually think getting rid of him will help in the long run. If Tottenham can turn Modric into Dembele, LLoris, and another decent player, are they not better?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although after making my last post I see AVB now wants to sell Van der Vaart, Parker, and Lennon. I know he's looking for midfielders to fit his system, but I'm not sure he can grab anymore right now. And no one will want to come next year if they don't make the Champions league.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Although after making my last post I see AVB now wants to sell Van der Vaart, Parker, and Lennon. I know he's looking for midfielders to fit his system, but I'm not sure he can grab anymore right now. And no one will want to come next year if they don't make the Champions league.
Not a chance the three of them leave. I'd be surprised if one left before the transfer window closed to be honest. Lennon I get because he doesn't really fit into AVB's formation (although I still love the guy), but I think VDV and Parker have a role to play. Especially Parker - he is a great ball winner and his Mad Men haircuit is damn sexy.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Villa making a run at Jermain Defoe also?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Isn't Villa making a run at Jermain Defoe also?
Defoe will remain a Spur until we get another striker. Having Harry Kane as the #2 makes me very nervous. He has promise, but he is still too young.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defoe will remain a Spur until we get another striker. Having Harry Kane as the #2 makes me very nervous. He has promise, but he is still too young.
Yeah I think I remember reading that Lambert said that they're going to make a go at him but realistically don't have enough funds to make the purchase.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Not a chance the three of them leave. I'd be surprised if one left before the transfer window closed to be honest. Lennon I get because he doesn't really fit into AVB's formation (although I still love the guy), but I think VDV and Parker have a role to play. Especially Parker - he is a great ball winner and his Mad Men haircuit is damn sexy.
I agree on Parker. He wouldn't bring back much anyway. Might as well hold onto him. Plus you need some English players. But it sounds like VDV could be gone. I read he's already agreed to personal terms with Hamburg.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I agree on Parker. He wouldn't bring back much anyway. Might as well hold onto him. Plus you need some English players. But it sounds like VDV could be gone. I read he's already agreed to personal terms with Hamburg.
Eh I've heard of VDV going back to Germany for the last six weeks. I'll see it when I believe. Scott Parker I agree probably won't be going anywhere. He isn't ancient by any means though, and his play style isn't reliant on speed/athleticism which means he will probably be able to have a length career in central midfield (injuries pending).

Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Eh I've heard of VDV going back to Germany for the last six weeks. I'll see it when I believe. Scott Parker I agree probably won't be going anywhere. He isn't ancient by any means though, and his play style isn't reliant on speed/athleticism which means he will probably be able to have a length career in central midfield (injuries pending).
We'll see I guess. It just seems like Tottenham is doing some last minute wheeling and dealing. I know they had to wait for Modric to be sold but it seems like they were the ones dragging their feet on that. This new team will need time to gel and they've already dropped points as is to start the season.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

We have sexy Gareth Bale so we don't need to worry :)

Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We have sexy Gareth Bale so we don't need to worry :)
Caddy makes an excellent point here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Caddy makes an excellent point here.
For another year.....