Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob if you can access it, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19439559 and http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch are decent sites.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have to be on my phone and I dont really have the time anyway. I technically have an early release today and while I won't be able to take it fully, getting off by 5 would be sweet. If I start following deadline day, I will almost certainly fail. Thanks though.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Being stuck at work on deadline day
blows.
Is it worse than going to sleep? Which I'm about to do...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Is it worse than going to sleep? Which I'm about to do...
Work is always worse than sleep. Is that even a question?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years." - Lyon Chairman.

At least you get to see it happen Rob!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sinclair was expected by now. Decent enough.

Maicon could be good. A different element, for now. Helpful with Richards out, though I still love Zabaleta.

Javi would be really nice. Would feel very good about that one, especially after de Jong's exit, Barry missing, and Rodwell not being fully trusted.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Nasatic I'm not too keen on any of the moves City has made tbh. I know we already had the pieces in place but these just seem like lateral moves.

NDJ-->Garcia
AJ-->Sinclair

Of course Garcia is more valuable than NDJ but Johnson is also more valuable than Sinclair. Maicon has fallen off badly in the past couple seasons as well but it's only a depth signing. Still wish we had gone harder after a top CB.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I'd be happy with LFC signing Dempsey (for the right price), I am not really sure where he would fit in Rodgers' system.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ps: I'd probably kill a man for Damaio
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Got out early!!!!

Is it just me or is Spurs getting hosed? Even if they do complete the Moutinho signing, VDV is just as good a player imo and they are down 12 million pounds. Not good business.

I understand the need to get a like-for-like replacement in for Modric, but I wouldn't be too excited if I was a Spurs fan. Lloris is a good signing though.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Dempsey going to Liverpool or Tottenham?

I would like to see him at Tottenham, but that's because I'm a Toffee fan now.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
While I'd be happy with LFC signing Dempsey (for the right price), I am not really sure where he would fit in Rodgers' system.
I would imagine he will be one of the wider players on the front 3. Sterling left, Suarez middle and maybe Dempsey right, with Borini coming in as and when needed since Sterling is too young for a full season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
ps: I'd probably kill a man for Damaio
Rumours seem to be dying down on this sadly, if you are on twitter, follow @AnfieldMole, he seems to be pretty on the money so far, I usually don't buy in to these things but he has generally been accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Is Dempsey going to Liverpool or Tottenham?

I would like to see him at Tottenham, but that's because I'm a Toffee fan now.
I think it is more likely he ends up at Liverpool, rumour has it he said Liverpool is his "dream club" when he turned down Villa. This could just be his excuse as to why he turned down the Villians, but we seem to have been pursuing much longer. Who knows though really? :)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I would imagine he will be one of the wider players on the front 3. Sterling left, Suarez middle and maybe Dempsey right, with Borini coming in as and when needed since Sterling is too young for a full season.

Rumours seem to be dying down on this sadly, if you are on twitter, follow @AnfieldMole, he seems to be pretty on the money so far, I usually don't buy in to these things but he has generally been accurate.

I think it is more likely he ends up at Liverpool, rumour has it he said Liverpool is his "dream club" when he turned down Villa. This could just be his excuse as to why he turned down the Villians, but we seem to have been pursuing much longer. Who knows though really? :)

With Tottenham he and his family can stay in London. Who knows though, the transfer deadline is pretty fun though.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaston Ramirez is a great signing for Southhampton.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Fulham have rejected a bid from Liverpool for Dempsey.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dempsey will play for Fulham if it comes to it. If Jol lets him play that is.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del Piero off to Australia

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Del Piero off to Australia
I was very surprised with that. I suppose why not cash in though.

Also, Liverpool got a pretty tough draw for Euro. Newcastle looking a pretty good bet to advance.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I was very surprised with that. I suppose why not cash in though.

Also, Liverpool got a pretty tough draw for Euro. Newcastle looking a pretty good bet to advance.
Yep, if we don't get through i'm going to be very disappointed.

Our Capital One draw was slightly harder, however. I was hoping we could go far in that competition.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yep, if we don't get through i'm going to be very disappointed.

Our Capital One draw was slightly harder, however. I was hoping we could go far in that competition.
Yeah, we're ****** in the Capital One Cup. Making a run in the FA Cup would be better anyway.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

No one cares about League Cup anyways.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, Athletico are playing Chelsea off the pitch right now.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
No one cares about League Cup anyways.
Eh, it's nice for the fans of non-loaded teams.....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Falcao is class.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

What a goal by Falcao