Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's pretty incredible. My biggest remaining question mark is whether Jupp has the balls to stick with Mandzukic as the big game striker when Gomez comes back. They're so much more fluid with Croat Mario. Otherwise they really are loaded, Robben, Ribery, Kroos, Mueller, Shaqiri, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Gustavo and Can is just an unfair collection of players they get to pick from for the midfield and the defense looks even better than last year with Dante in there, he's even making Boateng more reliable.

They did give up another deadball goal, but at least it was a missed offside, so maybe that weakness won't bite them in ass again.

Dortmund are a stronger team than they were last year, when they set a Bundesliga record for points, but they're underdogs to win again.
I would be pretty surprised if this Bayern team didn't take the Bundesliga. The midfield is just a ridiculous embarrassment of riches.....it's insane.

It will be interesting when Mario comes back though.......for some reason I think he will continue to get the big games.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would be pretty surprised if this Bayern team didn't take the Bundesliga. The midfield is just a ridiculous embarrassment of riches.....it's insane.

It will be interesting when Mario comes back though.......for some reason I think he will continue to get the big games.
Playing German Mario in big games and their susceptibility to corners could ruin the whole thing. They do look like they're going to take back the Bundesliga either way, but if they just stick with Croat Mario I could see them winning the CL as well.

This could be a great year for the BL in europe, Bayern are stacked, Dortmund should finally show up, Schalke have a manageable group in the CL, Leverkusen, Gladbach and Hannover can all go deep in the EL and Stuttgart has talent if they keep their heads out of their asses.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Mario Gomez is a good player. Guy scores some real nice goals. He just not a good fit for what Munich wants to do or what? I don't watch many Bayern games so I guess I don't know
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I think I'm the only one who thinks Mario Gomez is a good player. Guy scores some real nice goals. He just not a good fit for what Munich wants to do or what? I don't watch many Bayern games so I guess I don't know
Gomez simply doesn't do much on his own. When he scores, it is usually from getting the ball in the box and simply turning around to shoot it. He isn't going to setup a goal on his own. Even with his simple turn-and-shoot playing style, he often misses the shot(famously did so multiple times against Chelsea in the CL final). And with that, although he may be fine against lower competition, he is not the person you want in when actually facing a legitimate challenge.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Gomez simply doesn't do much on his own. When he scores, it is usually from getting the ball in the box and simply turning around to shoot it. He isn't going to setup a goal on his own. Even with his simple turn-and-shoot playing style, he often misses the shot(famously did so multiple times against Chelsea in the CL final). And with that, although he may be fine against lower competition, he is not the person you want in when actually facing a legitimate challenge.
Gotcha, that makes sense with how talented their midfield is
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Gomez wastes a lot of good chances to. He's big, strong and runs really really hard, but he's useless outside of the box and has only ever excelled with great service when his team can set up camp in the other team's half. Fortunately for him Bayern have great wingers that give him a lot of easy chances. Mandzukic and Pizarro can finish those chances just as well but can come out of the box and do something with the ball at their feet, which just makes a team more fluid and tough to defend offensively.

EDIT: He'd be a great plan B for germany and Bayern when they can't crack a team parking the bus, except his confidence disappears when he's not starting and scoring, and he needs time to waste a few chances.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Zenit snag Hulk from Porto for 45 million pounds.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Zenit snag Hulk from Porto for 45 million pounds.
Not a done deal yet, but if he goes there it is an awful career move for him. I don't get it at all from a footballing perspective. He will make a **** ton of money though, so good for him.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not a done deal yet, but if he goes there it is an awful career move for him. I don't get it at all from a footballing perspective. He will make a **** ton of money though, so good for him.
Eh, it's a lateral move, but Zenit seem serious about putting together a team that can win the CL and at a time where heavyweight like Serie A and La Liga or falling, Russia's RPL is just growing stronger.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Eh, it's a lateral move, but Zenit seem serious about putting together a team that can win the CL and at a time where heavyweight like Serie A and La Liga or falling, Russia's RPL is just growing stronger.
He's 26.....he can't be wasting time with lateral moves.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Hulk is official and whether Witsel is joining him in St. Petersburg should be settled in the next couple of hours.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's 26.....he can't be wasting time with lateral moves.
Eh, not that many bigger clubs that have a need and the money. Chelsea, Citeh, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve, United and Tottenham are probably the only clubs bigger than Zenit that could afford him, but none of them made the move. Zenit gives him regular CL football on a club with the funds to go deep in that competition.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read on ESPN today that Ronaldo was 'sad' and didn't celebrate his goals. Anyone know why? Apparently it goes beyond losing the award to Iniesta.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Read on ESPN today that Ronaldo was 'sad' and didn't celebrate his goals. Anyone know why? Apparently it goes beyond losing the award to Iniesta.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

There is a lot of speculation, but it seems to stem from money and division within real between Ronaldo and the Spanish players. And he's a little *****.

It's pretty bad though, apparently he met with the president on Saturday and asked to leave.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The anniversary of his dad's death is either coming up or just passed, I've heard that's got him all depressed.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Newcastle put in a sneaky bid for him.

Quote:
The anniversary of his dad's death is either coming up or just passed, I've heard that's got him all depressed.
It's definitely not that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm hoping Newcastle put in a sneaky bid for him.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...I'll take him at Barcelona...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He said he had personal issue with people at the club.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ronaldo said he was upset with "people in the club" after scoring two goals to lead Madrid to a 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday.

The Portugal forward oddly chose not to celebrate his goals, remaining glum as his teammates and fans at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium erupted around him.

When asked why after the match, Ronaldo said: "I am sad and the club knows it, that's why I didn't celebrate the goals. The people in the club know why."
Poor lost soul only making 300k a week...

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a ******* *****. How surprising.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it really has to do with money than he's a bigger ***** than I thought.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is a lot of speculation, but it seems to stem from money and division within real between Ronaldo and the Spanish players. And he's a little *****.

It's pretty bad though, apparently he met with the president on Saturday and asked to leave.
Saturday as in two days ago? One day after the transfer window closed.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote