Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the head ref.

There could be game stoppages past the 90th minute. Those have to be accounted for as well.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't see your point.
I have no real point. Just making an observation. But I will never complain about someone making fun of Mexico or Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Breaking news coming out of Italy via Gazzetta dello Sport - Germany striker Mario Gomez has joined Fiorentina from Bayern Munich. The fee is said to be around 20million euros.
Cracking the door a bit for Lewan?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That move has been planned for forever. Unless Bayern meets exactly the price Dortmund wants, Lewa won't move. I actually think they Dortmund is ******* it up by being so stubborn, but stubborn they are.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Klopp has already said Lewa will almost certainly move to Bayern next year. I don't really understand that move though, because he'll be leaving on a free in that case. True, since he wants to leave so badly they won't get a proper market value for him from Bayern this summer, but they'll be getting something.

Also Villa to Atletico is official. And just to toss in a rumor, apparently Chelsea are preparing an offer for Benteke since they missed out on Cavani. I like Benteke, but I don't really understand why they need any new striker at this point.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dortmund have more money than they can spend this summer between the CL money and the Gotze transfer. Holding onto Lewa lets them bring Aubameyang along at a more comfortable pace so that next year he can step in the way Lewa stepped in for Barrios and they can keep rolling. Plus holding onto Lewa lets them contend for the Salad Bowl and CL this year. If Klopp is confident Lewa will keep his focus, which I believe he will, I like the move. The only really places they could invest is FB and another depth attacking mid, and they might buy another depth attacker this year without selling Lewa.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
And just to toss in a rumor, apparently Chelsea are preparing an offer for Benteke since they missed out on Cavani. I like Benteke, but I don't really understand why they need any new striker at this point.
Well I hear that Ba is moving to Russia, so striker seems like it could be a need for them.

Time for a Fulham post!

1. They are preparing to bid for Tom Huddlestone. The Spurs turned down at 6mil bid in January, and I've heard that Fulham will now offer 5mil. I was getting concerned with their inactivity after the first 3 signings at the start of the summer. They absolutely need to acquire a solid CM.

2. I'm not sure how I feel about the black V on the new kits. I like the shorts and 3 stripes on the shoulder, but the V seems off. I would have preferred pin stripes instead.

3. They are expected to land Romanian striker Marius Alexe. Honestly, I know nothing about him, but they need to upgrade the forward unit behind Berba.

4. Moussa Dembele 2.0 will sign a pro contract with Fulham in a few days when he turns 17. :)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I see a terrible new uniform, it reminds me how pissed I'm going to be when Mike Ashley inevitably trolls us by getting rid of the black and white stripes.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Every time I see a terrible new uniform, it reminds me how pissed I'm going to be when Mike Ashley inevitably trolls us by getting rid of the black and white stripes.
I really wish they stuck with the pinstripes from this year.

I would have loved a combination of these 2 designs:

I'm interested to see what they do for their away and third kit.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benteke has officially handed in a transfer request.

I agree with Cigaro about Chelsea though, I really like Benteke, but if you're at the point of bringing in as a top option, just play Lukaku and keep Torres.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benteke is awesome! They have unlimited funds, Benteke is better than both Lukaku and Torres. Why would wouldn't they bring him in?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know, unless Chelsea gets an elite, world class striker, id rather just see them develop Lukaku. I don't think its enough of an upgrade to justify blocking Lukaku.

Last edited by comahan : 07-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Benteke is awesome! They have unlimited funds, Benteke is better than both Lukaku and Torres. Why would wouldn't they bring him in?
Eh, I mean if you're willing to spend whatever, go for it I guess. But from a value standpoint, given Mourinho's preference to usually only play one true striker, between Torres, Ba and Lukaku I think they're set (maybe could add a cheaper, depth option). I also agree that while Benteke's probably better now, Lukaku has insane potential and seems near reaching his final form given proper playing time. Although if Torres or Ba are on their way out it would make more sense.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, I mean if you're willing to spend whatever, go for it I guess. But from a value standpoint, given Mourinho's preference to usually only play one true striker, between Torres, Ba and Lukaku I think they're set (maybe could add a cheaper, depth option). Although if Torres or Ba are on their way out it would make more sense.
Ba is leaving and Torres sucks. Their striking options just aren't good enough.

Man U has van Persie. Man City has Aguero. Chelsea has Lukaku?

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Torres doesnt suck, hes just not what he used to be. Take away his decline and look at him as a player now, hes not great, but hes certainly not bad. He's not someone who should be the striker for a top club though, no doubt.

Last edited by comahan : 07-08-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also Villa to Atletico is official. And just to toss in a rumor, apparently Chelsea are preparing an offer for Benteke since they missed out on Cavani. I like Benteke, but I don't really understand why they need any new striker at this point.
Apparently Atletico will at the most pay 5,5 mill euro, and thats only if Villa plays there for the next 3 years. Pretty rough deal for Barca considering they spent almost 40 mill to get him, but he isnīt a good fit, and at least they clear out his massive salary.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Torres doesnt suck, hes just not what he used to be. Take away his decline and look at him as a player now, hes not great, but hes certainly not bad. He's not someone who should be the striker for a top club though, no doubt.
Well yeah. He's a decent striker, but relatively speaking and considering where Chelsea want to be, he sucks.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-08-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torres should go back to pre Chelsea form.

:(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Ba is leaving and Torres sucks. Their striking options just aren't good enough.

Man U has van Persie. Man City has Aguero. Chelsea has Lukaku?
Benteke isn't going to bring them on par with those strikers though. He's good, but not that good. And Lukaku does have that potential, IMO. If Ba does leave, certainly makes a bit more sense, but otherwise I wouldn't personally pursue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Apparently Atletico will at the most pay 5,5 mill euro, and thats only if Villa plays there for the next 3 years. Pretty rough deal for Barca considering they spent almost 40 mill to get him, but he isnīt a good fit, and at least they clear out his massive salary.
Yeah, not the greatest overall transfer for Barca. He had a lot of talent, but with injuries and now age, he certainly did not ultimately justify his pricetag. Oh well, hopefully Neymar will.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-08-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Torres should go back to pre Chelsea form.

:(
I dunno his current form is entertaining.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I dunno his current form is entertaining.

Yes it is ^_^

Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Lukaku is so better than Benteke. Offers so much more.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lukaku is so better than Benteke. Offers so much more.
If I had to field a team to play today and only today, I'd pick Benteke first. But Lukaku is the superior prospect, easily.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Maybe for like one game right now. But if you are building a club, even at a cash cow like Chelsea, there is no reason to pick Benteke over Lukaku. Maybe Benteke is slightly better now, but no way you bury a talent like Lukaku for such a marginal improvement in the short term.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I don't think bringing in Benteke would bury him. Lukaku is the only striker they have. You can't just have one striker that you'd be okay with starting. They definitely need to bring in someone.

If they actually want to be competitive, they can't have Fernando Torres as their #2 striker.

And don't forget, Benteke is only 22. Last season was his first season in the PL. He's going to improve a lot as well...

RIP themaninblack